Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2001 4:27:52 PM EDT
Just wondering what everyone uses. Those assault rifle speciality bags with the mag holders, hard cases, gunney sacks or whatever?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:31:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2001 4:33:35 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:37:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:46:08 PM EDT
In a quality, secure children's seat, placed in the back seat of the vehicles. Strapped in with the safety belt, of course. :-)
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 4:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2001 4:55:48 PM EDT by 7]
I have 4 Galati soft cases (various sizes) If I were to bring more than 4, I have a cheapo hard case. If I would want to bring anymore, I'd be sol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2001 5:08:48 PM EDT by Halfcocked]
A hard case that serves as a bow case also. But what's more important is how we transported them home one time. We, my older brother and his friend Jerry, went to a match in Washtenaw and as we were the last relay at 600 yards a freaking down pour started. I had like 10 rounds to go and I let them fly. We all hauled our shit back to my wife's mini van and just laid all our stuff out in the back so it would dry out on the way home. Well I was just trying to keep up with traffic going through Jackson and guess what, I got popped for 85 in a 70.... with three evil assault rifles just laying in the back seat and three dirty soaked very bad looking fellows in the vehicle with live ammo right out out in the open. It was the Michigan State Police. I started thinking maybe being butt reamed in prison isn't as bad as they say it is. The trooper walks up to the window and when he notices the shit he draws his weapon and asks everyone to exit the vehicle. I told him "Sure. Hey my cousin's a State Trooper, Brad *****. Do you know him?" He kinda looks at me out of the corner of his eye and says "Yes I know Brad. What in hell are you guys doing?" Well I explain that we just got drenched at a match at Washtenaw and we didn't want to case the rifles because they would surely rust and as soon as he had us away from the vehicle he starts to look around inside and says "Is that one an AR10?" "Why yes it is. I has a Douglas heavy match barrel and it's chambered in 7mm.08". He holsters his pistol and and picks it up and asks me how much I paid for it. Well 25 minutes later of shooting the shit on the side of I 96 he says "Jesus guys, if you're going to drive around like this at least do the speed limit." and sends us on our way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:05:06 PM EDT
In Montana, we like to use the roof racks for our smaller weapons, it leaves plenty of room inside so the beer stays cold! A:Alcohol T:Tobacco F:Firearms Who's bringing the chips? Serious answer: I keep a selection of cases (hard & soft)and use whatever fits the weapon properly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:12:12 PM EDT
Cheap plastic hard cases. I've got quite a few of them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:41:22 PM EDT
I just throw them in the truck bed. I carry the ammo in soft cases.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:58:10 PM EDT
I use a hard-sided case made by Hoppes for the long guns. A converted hard plastic tool case (Jensen) for my handguns and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:03:31 PM EDT
I have 2 cheap plastic cases. When I am transporting more than 2 I open them up and lay the rilfes in either side as both sides of the cases have foam padding.
Top Top