Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:32:01 AM EDT
Going to Camp Casey...

For those with something to add who may not have seen it yet: See HERE: www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=77&t=425213
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear its a wee bit chilly
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine runs a Bradley platoon over there. Before that, he was in a motor pool (doing a Cpt.'s job as a 2nd Lt, because the guy who ran it managed to get himself transferred to Iraq).

He hates it.  'least he did last time I talked to him.

Out in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere to go fun. Things break simply because it's cold. Had to sleep with his rifle to try and keep it operating, etc.  Says he's never been so cold in his life.

My grandfather was there for three years, in the early fifties, with the 1st Marines. Says it was either amazingly cold, or muddy. Take your pic. Also, the Chinese aren't nice people.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, very cold in the winter.  Not really much to do there except drink your life away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top