Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 7:12:57 PM EDT
I work in a women’s clothing store (at Dallas Galleria) that caters to a 20 something clinetlee.  The clothing is pretty upscale, but risqué.  Price point between $100 and $800.  Most of are stuff is for wearing out to the bar / party/ club.  Anyway, today a middle aged white man came into the store and asked if there was a barber shop near by.  My asst. manager and I replied that Tony and Guy was the only place to get a hair cut in the mall.  The man asked “Tony and Guy, is that a bunch of flaming fags?”  I responded that I never get $60+ dollar hair cuts (I like to spend no more $20 with tip), but I would suspect that yes, most of the stylist are probably gay.  I’ve worked retail since I was 16, so gay men are not a shock to me.  I couldn’t careless what people do in their own home. Anyway he responded, “NOT THANKS I DON:T NEED TO GO TO JAIL TODAY.”  What the hell does that mean?  That he would kill/assault someone just because they were gay?  I find that pretty strange.  I would never want to hurt some just because they were black /Asian /gay /lesbian /Catholic /etc.  It would never occur to me to hurt someone for belonging to that sort of group.  Does anyone else find this to be strange behavior?

btw- I'm in college, I don;t plan to be in retail for much longer, thank God.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You will soon learn that people are assholes.

Build a bridge, get over it...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
you have got to be the most naive person ever to post on arfcom, were you raised in an underground bunker isolated from all of humanity or something?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Lemme guess.. after gay bashing, he proceeded to ask about a little red number cut to mid-thigh length and slit up to there...

In his size
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
texas and you're surprised some guy would beat up people for being gay?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
smell that... ?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess he is a flaming homophobe.

I don't understand the hatred either.  

26 years ago I met my first gay man. Worked with him for 8 years. Hell of a nice guy, and a hell of great father for his 6 kids. That's a long story there. Actually I learned a lot about what being a dad in a nonconventional household was. And as a single, divorced, non-custodial father that came in handy.

I've also worked, though not as closely, with a lesbian for the past 11 years.

They're people too. Just different.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
this post is gay. and stupid.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I work in a women’s clothing store (at Dallas Galleria) that caters to a 20 something clinetlee.  The clothing is pretty upscale, but risqué.  Price point between $100 and $800.  Most of are stuff is for wearing out to the bar / party/ club.  Anyway, today a middle aged white man came into the store and asked if there was a barber shop near by.  My asst. manager and I replied that Tony and Guy was the only place to get a hair cut in the mall.  The man asked “Tony and Guy, is that a bunch of flaming fags?”  I responded that I never get $60+ dollar hair cuts (I like to spend no more $20 with tip), but I would suspect that yes, most of the stylist are probably gay.  I’ve worked retail since I was 16, so gay men are not a shock to me.  I couldn’t careless what people do in their own home. Anyway he responded, “NOT THANKS I DON:T NEED TO GO TO JAIL TODAY.”  What the hell does that mean?  That he would kill/assault someone just because they were gay?  I find that pretty strange.  I would never want to hurt some just because they were black /Asian /gay /lesbian /Catholic /etc.  It would never occur to me to hurt someone for belonging to that sort of group.  Does anyone else find this to be strange behavior?

No I think that all the gays should be killed.  Except the hot lesbians they are fine with me..
Just kidding, I don't think we can call for the killing of "all" of any group on this board so maybe just a few, is that OK?  If not then I retract everything I typed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]

for his 6 kids

Dang i understand the ghey part. I don't have a think against gay guys, long as they don't hit on me i won't hit on them. Ghey chicks i dig it, dang thats gonna go on my spoiler for the 06 season.

Only a few people ive met around here are afraid of gays.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
That was no "middle aged white man." That was Chuck Norris. Roundhouse kicks to follow. Not that mere steel could cut His hair, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
texas and you're surprised some guy would beat up people for being gay?

I have lived in Houston, Dallas, and Austin.  This is the first person I have ever met who has expressed to me an interested in attacking someone for this reason.  The big cities in TX aren't as old fashioned as many think.  All three of the above mentioned cities have very large gay populations according to my sociology profs.  Dallas and Houston (maybe Austin too?) have their own gay neighborhoods.  A few of the people I work with call it the “gayborhood.”
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That was no "middle aged white man." That was Chuck Norris. Roundhouse kicks to follow. Not that mere steel could cut His hair, anyway.

This man was fatter and taller than Chuck.  Besides, I doubt that Dallas PD would even try to arrest Walker TX Ranger.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

dude, what the fuck has his color got to do with anything? how about you cut the racist shit cause I find it offensive.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a gay man in the head.  From that moment on he was only attracted to women.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow....

just wow...

Let me guess you were raised alone by your liberal mom in a metropolitan area?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What the hell does that mean?  That he would kill/assault someone just because they were gay?  I find that pretty strange.  I would never want to hurt some just because they were black /Asian /gay /lesbian /Catholic /etc.  It would never occur to me to hurt someone for belonging to that sort of group.  Does anyone else find this to be strange behavior?

You do realize that this is not the first time someone has expressed hatred for homosexuals?  You also must realize that the 'pink triangle' sign used by the gay community came from the Nazis who made homosexuals wear those triangles while they were being trucked off to concentration camps?  I agree that the man being so blatent about it to perfect strangers is definitely odd behavior.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL.

Marpat.

Zombies

AZHT

Speshul Weapunz

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
you have got to be the most naive person ever to post on arfcom, were you raised in an underground bunker isolated from all of humanity or something?

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Pay particular attention in your English classes.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I normally wouldn't do that...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay particular attention in your English classes.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I normally wouldn't do that...

eh, I typed fast and gave it only a cursory edit.  I have a 3.89 at an elite institution (Devry).  Just kidding.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wow....

just wow...

Let me guess you were raised alone by your liberal mom in a metropolitan area?

nope.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a gay man in the head. From that moment on he was only attracted to women

Help me out here.  Are you talking about Chuck, or the guy who he RHK'd?  Just, you know, so I am sure about how I should feel about this possible new facet to Chuck that I may have been unaware of.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My guess he is a flaming homophobe.

I don't understand the hatred either.  

26 years ago I met my first gay man. Worked with him for 8 years. Hell of a nice guy, and a hell of great father for his 6 kids. That's a long story there. Actually I learned a lot about what being a dad in a nonconventional household was. And as a single, divorced, non-custodial father that came in handy.

I've also worked, though not as closely, with a lesbian for the past 11 years.

They're people too. Just different.

I have to agree.

My GF's uncle is gay.  He's very nice.  He doesn't act any more different than you or me.

People are different.  Hell, we're all different from each other.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What the hell does that mean?  That he would kill/assault someone just because they were gay?  I find that pretty strange.  I would never want to hurt some just because they were black /Asian /gay /lesbian /Catholic /etc.  It would never occur to me to hurt someone for belonging to that sort of group.  Does anyone else find this to be strange behavior?

You do realize that this is not the first time someone has expressed hatred for homosexuals?  You also must realize that the 'pink triangle' sign used by the gay community came from the Nazis who made homosexuals wear those triangles while they were being trucked off to concentration camps?  I agree that the man being so blatent about it to perfect strangers is definitely odd behavior.  

being so blatent about it to perfect strangers is definitely odd behavior. not around here, sad to say.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe he was kidding? Ive said shit like that before just messing around. Maybe he thought you were gay, and was just screwing(pun intended) with you.

Seriously, you're in college and you never seen a situation where people hurt others for what they do/who they are? You need to move out of your parents house.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#31]
He would beat the shit out of your thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top