Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/7/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
Who has the best deals right now on M1As? I am going to by one soon, but i want a standard no frills model. Who is selling them the cheapest?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:23:06 PM EDT
Springfield Armory is about the cheapest as far as new but they have serious Q.C. problems and they are about out of USGI parts.You could go Fulton Armory for a new one but they sure aren't cheap and there's a long wait.I'd look for a older,used one.More or less.....

Newer the M1A=Less USGI parts
Older the M1A=More USGI parts

You should have no problem finding a used/like new one on the E.E.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:26:37 PM EDT
Just don't buy a fucking Norinco. I can't see buying a truly American rifle built in a communist country.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:33:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:42:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:
Just don't buy a fucking Norinco. I can't see buying a truly American rifle built in a communist country.

Yep. There's absolutely no reason to buy a well-made, forged receiver battle rifle when you can buy one made in the good old US of A, by good old Springfield Aromry, complete with self-disassembling bolt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:42:50 PM EDT
chicoms are going to be the cheapest (if you can find em--they are around, but mostly used)

SA would be the cheapest NIB

LBR (they say, and i belive) makes some of the best M14 clones--for ~$2000
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 11:45:00 PM EDT by leelaw]

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
Dude.

M1A, not M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:52:22 PM EDT
Cheap and M14/M1A do not go together
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 5:39:22 PM EDT by junker46]

Originally Posted By GreyGhost:
Springfield Armory is about the cheapest as far as new but they have serious Q.C. problems and they are about out of USGI parts.You could go Fulton Armory for a new one but they sure aren't cheap and there's a long wait.I'd look for a older,used one.More or less.....

Newer the M1A=Less USGI parts
Older the M1A=More USGI parts

You should have no problem finding a used/like new one on the E.E.

What are the serial numbers and years? I want one (just bought 6 mags from Armilite).

ETA: Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:22:04 PM EDT
Let me re-phrase my question. What is the price I shold expect to pay? And I am not asking for retail price. What is FFL price?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:14:26 AM EDT
BTT??
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:58:55 PM EDT
A clean polytech is gonna run about $600.

As long as the headspace is in spec it's likely to be a good shooter, quality is roughly equivelent to SAI.

It'll cost another $100 to shim the gas cylinder,replace the trigger, hammer and hammer spring assembly with M1 garand parts(better and cheaper than M-14 parts unless you've got an autosear), put on a USGI stock, handguard and flash supressor (a lug will cost more unless you get a repro FH) for 922r compliance. Then you need to check the headspace and fit a USGI bolt in it if it's too long, that's another $150 (for a complete bolt), and maybe replace the sights and springs, but many are good as-is.

That rifle will be functionally just as good as any service grade M1A. The receiver, trigger housing, oprod, barrel, and gas system are all first-rate on the polytechs. And you'll have a set of spares.

A used M1A with commercial parts will run about $1000.

M1As with GI parts seem to be running about $1200-1500. All the springfield receivers are cast. The springfield may still need shims and troubleshooting. Occasionally you'll find one cheaper, but that's getting harder all the time now that a set of GI parts will bring $1000.

LRB makes the best, but they cost too much.
Top Top