Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not step up to him in the first place, but if I had no choice, I would have definately killed him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
skaters are, always have been, and always will continue to be egotistical jackass assholes
someone should have intervened and blew that guy away
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As for the drunk part I only mentioned that because I saw that video awhile back and someone who lived in the area where it happend said he was drunk got arrested and was sorry for what he did in the end. Also saw more info on it and it seems that it was true ^.

Sounds like bullshit to me.  He had a complete disregard for everyone and everything around him.  He damn near killed a man for no apparant reason.  I think the ONLY thing he was sorry for was being caught.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you serious ? Shoot him? I could kick that little shit stains ass if I was hand cuffed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If some of the comments from Break.com are true, and they included links to the news story, The guy who got hit by the Skate Rat died of a fractured skull 3 days later.

I would have never gotten so close to the little punk where he could have made contact so easily, and would have uncovered as soon as the board came back. Any further movement torwards me with the board, and I would have drawn and fired.

As it stands the rat is serving time for murder.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I take it that video was used as evidence?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]

The judge also mentioned that if the case had gone to trial, Strano might not be serving time at all, thanks to a recent ruling by the state Supreme Court.

Those who assault someone without intending to cause their death can no longer face felony murder charges.

WTF?????????

What kind of bullshit law is that? His intention doesn't bring the guy back from the dead!

What about "assault with a deadly weapon"? Isn't that a felony in WA? Even if you ignore the death the attacker committed a felony worth more than 7 1/2 years. I hope there's a wrongful death suit resulting in a judgement that keeps this skater prick from ever having any kind of life whatsoever. Even with a high paying job he should only be able to afford secondhand clothes for all eternity, and retirement? Forget any savings of any kind. That all should go to his victim's family.

I hope the family of Demetri Andrews works overtime to change the lame-assed laws in their state!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
dupe
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
In the end, my clip would be empty and my gun smoking....

Anyone who says otherwise is fucking stupid.

PS - I would keep the skateboard as a trophy.  What a little punk!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#13]
So I have a legitimate question.

Lets say you are not the guy in the white shirt but a passerby and you just observed the first blow to the guy in the white shirt.  As the skateboarder raises his board for another strike, are you in your rights to drop him?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Lets say you are not the guy in the white shirt but a passerby and you just observed the first blow to the guy in the white shirt.  As the skateboarder raises his board for another strike, are you in your rights to drop him?

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...As it stands the rat is serving time for murder.

Manslaughter, 7 1/2 years according to the cited newspaper.

WTF was everybody doing standing around with their thumbs up their asses?

Shit, if that happened in California, the crowd would have jumped his punk ass and planted his face into the pavement.

Did he attack someone else?  Because the account in all the papers is completely different from the video.

On April 9, Demetri Andrews and his girlfriend were driving on University Way when they came upon Strano and his friend blocking the road. Strano's brother was trailing behind them. Police say Andrews honked and yelled, then got out and a scuffle ensued.

Strano's friend shoved Andrews, who stumbled backward and caught himself with one arm. As he was getting up, Strano stepped forward and swung his skateboard "with all of his might," one witness told police.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I was in downtown Seattle for Mardi Gras about five years ago, and some dude got beat to death with a skateboard a couple blocks from where we were. It was one of the primary factors in getting my first CHL. Anyone who thinks "it's just a skateboard" is a Darwinian candidate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
if this had happened in GA it would have ended with 2 in the chest.

the BIG question is. if a bystander had seen the downward swings with the board and intervened with a standard response. thus saving someone else. dicey legal ground?

Remember several months back when a lady behind a counter at walmart was attacked by her estranged husband with a knife?  A CCW holder intervened and killed the aggressor.  He was not prosecuted.

Intervention to save somebody besides yourself is good to go.  ETA: That is, assuming you're allowed CCW unlike most of California.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if this had happened in GA it would have ended with 2 in the chest.

the BIG question is. if a bystander had seen the downward swings with the board and intervened with a standard response. thus saving someone else. dicey legal ground?

Remember several months back when a lady behind a counter at walmart was attacked by her estranged husband with a knife?  A CCW holder intervened and killed the aggressor.  He was not prosecuted.

Intervention to save somebody besides yourself is good to go.  ETA: That is, assuming you're allowed CCW unlike most of California.

That's generally and technically true in most "shall issue" states.  Here in FL, one may use deadly force to "stop a forcible felony."  Basically, you put yourself into the place of the one being attacked: if deadly force would be justified if you were being attacked, then it is theoretically justifiable for someone else.   I'd say that attack falls into that category.  BUT, I would say that it is indeed dicey legal ground in any case.  It depends on how it looks and plays out to the State's/District  Attorney in your location.  There was a case on Arfcome in which the police called something a good shoot, and the District Attorney with political ambitions prosecuted.  I don't recall all the details, but am certain that the police were ready to drop it, but the DA intervened.  You also have to consider the possibility of assh*le witnesses.  One may be lucky, or not.  So, though it can be justifiable, one must be careful in third party situations.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Skater attacks passers-by

As soon as he raises his board at me - two to the chest one to the head - evaluate - rinse and repeat as necessary.

And I thought you meant Bertuzi....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#21]
three pages and not one BAN SKATEBOARDS comment...damn......

seriously, what i saw was assault, plain and simple. Even if no one had a CWP, a face full of FOX would have shut that jackass down.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...As it stands the rat is serving time for murder.

Manslaughter, 7 1/2 years according to the cited newspaper.

WTF was everybody doing standing around with their thumbs up their asses?

Shit, if that happened in California, the crowd would have jumped his punk ass and planted his face into the pavement.

I don't believe that is tha same case. After doing a search, I ran across this quote:

Police said Andrews was hit Tuesday night in a confrontation with three skateboarders in the University District. They had skated into the street, forcing his car to brake. He got out to confront the young men and was hit from behind.

That's completely different from the scenario in that video.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Heh, I love this site. One skater does some stupid shit, all skaters are vilified. One cop does some stupid shit, all cops are vilified. One black guy does something stupid, all blacks are vilified.

Having said that, I would have put acouple slugs in his chest and then took his skateboard. One less badguy and a free skateboard for me to use is a good day in my book.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yes.

Lethal force is justified in defense of another person under attack.

The best idea is not to shoot but to advance with weapon drawn shouting commands. Then shoot only if you have to.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#25]
"DRAW DOWN!!!@!@!"

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Heh, I love this site. One skater does some stupid shit, all skaters are vilified.

I have dealt with a lot of skaters. Tons of them. They seem to think that the local university is their own personal skate park.

I had a group of ten of them square off with me and decide they were going to kick my butt because I instructed them to leave PRIVATE PROPERTY and to stop harassing female students.

"Whose going to make us??"

"You can either leave right now under your own strength, or the campus police can cart you off in the back of a squad car."

"What if we decide to kick your ass before you can call the pigs"

"Then I will pull the 9mm out of my pocket and kill the first one of you who tries it."

"You don't have a gun, you pussy!"

"My right hand has not left my pocket since I saw you. If you think my hand is not currently gripping the Glock 26 in my pocket and attack me, you will find out the hard way how wrong you are. Take one step in my direction and it will be the last mistake you make. Get off this property."

They began mouthing off and swearing profusely as I called the campus police....but they left.

I haven't met a single skater that was worth a bag of manure. Those 10 "brave" little "non-conformists" were perfectly willing to jump a guy who they thought they could take. They were willing to do me serious injury because I dared to tell them to leave property that they had no right to be on. (they were high school students) The world, after all, was theirs, right? Who am I to tell them to leave and stop laying hands on female students to the point that the female students felt threatened and told me about it? They were advancing on me until I said I had a 9mm. Then their resolve was tested.

The little bastards are lucky that they left. My hand WAS on a Glock 26 and I had already decided on which dumb SOB I was going to shoot first.

Someone who enjoys skateboarding is perfectly free to do so. But almost all skaters I have met have an entitlement mentality that causes them to believe the world belongs to them and that they have the right to assault anyone who messes up their "fun", which includes property destruction, drug use, and generally being a scumsucking weasel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#27]
HAHAHAHA

I hate mouthy fucking skate punks.  

The best use for them is moving targets for my 4X4 or my Glock..

We have our own breed in Houston- and they need to be hunted.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Heh, I love this site. One skater does some stupid shit, all skaters are vilified.

I have yet to meet a single skater who had any respect for personal property.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

One skater- how about every skater I have ever had an interaction with.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#30]
7.5 Yrs....wow what a load of shit. What the fuck is up with our the courts these days.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As for the people here that say they would have shot him you prolly would end up in prison for a very very long time.

He was being a dick but he wasnt really aggressive untill that guy in the white shirt walked up, even then if you would shoot him you would prolly go to jail. You cant claim he was attempting to kill you (I dont think at least), and he was drunk.

They should have just called the cops and stayed away from him.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a tool.

Suckering somebody into standing on a skateboard and then kicking it out from underneath them is aggressive.

Throwing your skateboards at passing vehicles is aggressive.

Riding your skateboard on or jumping on top of cars is aggressive.

The fact that he may or may not have been drunk is IRRELEVANT. Stupidity and drunkeness is no excuse for his unbridled display of aggression against that guy in the white shirt or any of his other victims that night. I don't know what color the sky is in your world, but beating someone repeatedly with a skateboard counts as deadly force to me.

How would you feel if he had a baseball bat, or a piece of wood with some metal chunks on it? That's what a skateboard is...  just because you can ride the fucking thing doesn't make it a toy when you decide to beat someone with it.

However, I will agree with you on some points. White shirt guy made plenty of mistakes, and yes...    anyone with the sack to stand up to that fuckstick that ended up shooting him would have probably gone to jail but only because it probably happened in California. However, in a different place....

Yep.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top