Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I was actually going to post a thread today about peak leaf.
In October, there was a seemingly endless amount of leaves for me to rake up.
I thought the good times would never end.
Today, I went outside to rake, and I found little to no leaves on the ground.
I think we have reached Peak Leaf - I am going to call the Ag Dept tommorow to see how they plan to address this crisis.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got a pretty compelling chart myself

img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/deathray187/ammochart.jpg

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think we have reached Peak Leaf - I am going to call the Ag Dept tommorow to see how they plan to address this crisis.

sounds like a precurser to a peak mulch crisis
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I smell a Nobel Prize for TRH !

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Your chart has motivated me to write my congressmen and congresswomen to lobby for magzine capacity restrictions.  NO ONE needs a magazine that holds 30-100 rounds when a 10-round magazine will get the job done just as well.  Folks, we are in desperate times here.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I am sick of all these "Army Dads" going around with those ridiculously large magazines because they claim "they are safer than smaller magazines" and protect their children better.  People in other countries don't need such large magazines.  In fact, ammunition is much more expensive over there, so they simply use bolt action rifles, or 5 or 10 round magaizines.  American excess makes me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Your chart has motivated me to write my congressmen and congresswomen to lobby for magzine capacity restrictions.  NO ONE needs a magazine that holds 30-100 rounds when a 10-round magazine will get the job done just as well.  Folks, we are in desperate times here.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I am sick of all these "Army Dads" going around with those ridiculously large magazines because they claim "they are safer than smaller magazines" and protect their children better.  People in other countries don't need such large magazines.  In fact, ammunition is much more expensive over there, so they simply use bolt action rifles, or 5 or 10 round magaizines.  American excess makes me sick to my stomach.

Guess it will finally be time for me to get a belt-fed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
screw a low rate of fire, I want a commie gun that uses a high rate per minute.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
America needs quality ammunition at affordable prices.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
"I AM THE NIGHT RIDER!!!!" has now been updated to.........

"I AM THE AMMO SCROUNGER!!!!!"

Damn, imagine that flick if they had no ammo and gas.  Just Mel walking down the road.  Well the wimmins woulda still gone anyways. Just imagine a flick where someone see's a FA weapon, runs up to it with a few mags to stick under it and catch those few last rounds of ammo...........
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
And then there is the matter not reaching my peak before the GF does.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be glad when we reach peak bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
This is why I have switched primarily to domestic sources of ammo.  It's slightly more expensive, but it's cleaner burning, smells fresher and contributes less to the Oh-Zone Holes.  Plus, most of it is Boxer primed, so I am hitting Boxer with a firing pin fairly often, which just makes me smile.

But I'm just crazy like that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Peak Pie is realized 172 days after the commencement of connubial relations.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think that we've reached peak production of 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 ammo, that's why it is hard to come by.  everyone needs to write their congresscritters and let them know about the dangers of peak ammo, it could destroy society as we know it!

Sounds more credible than the other "Peak_" theory.

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

THAT is my new background.  Awesome.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

OMG some one contact wolfman97 stat!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG some one contact wolfman97 stat!

Peak leaf!!!  Damned it!!!  Time to dump my Doritoes and Hostess twinkie shares.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Haahahahaahahahahah.......I have about 1500rds here just for this occasion.  1500rds of Silver Bear, just waiting to be shot up...Bwaaahahhhaha...

Suckers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Haahahahaahahahahah.......I have about 1500rds here just for this occasion.  1500rds of Silver Bear, just waiting to be shot up...Bwaaahahhhaha...

Suckers.

dont make me post pics of my spam can stash
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Suckers.

dont make me post pics of my spam can stash

OMG is there a Peak Spam issue too!?!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Dont make me post pics of my crates of 8mm Turk stash...

They aren't making that stuff either!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
This is why I have switched primarily to domestic sources of ammo.  It's slightly more expensive, but it's cleaner burning, smells fresher and contributes less to the Oh-Zone Holes.  Plus, most of it is Boxer primed, so I am hitting Boxer with a firing pin fairly often, which just makes me smile.

But I'm just crazy like that.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
as can be seen from the graph, peak oil for the US happened a long time ago.  one day, a worldwide oil production peak will be reached.  this is an undeniable fact, unless you believe oil is an infinitely renewable resource, in which case you're too far gone to come to grips with reality. the date and implications of the world oil peak are open to debate, but the fact of it's existence is not.

Not to hijack or be pedantic, but you are stating things that might be mutually exclusive:

-if oil is produced adiabatically, then oil IS a renewable resource.  That doesn't mean that we would be able to extract it forever - hell, the earth might produce 10 gallons a year, but it's still renewable.

-if oil is produced via dead animals, fish turds, or whatever, then oil IS a renewable resource.  That doesn't mean that we would be able to extract it forever - hell, the earth might produce 10 gallons a year, but it's still renewable.

The only way oil is not renewable, would be if some event happened once upon a time that magically deposited 100% of the earth's oil, never to recur.

And just because oil IS renewable, doesn't mean that we won't soon face a peak followed by a decline.  

Look at it this way, if I have a huge tank of oil, and I trickle in 100 gallons an hour, for a short while you can pull oil out of my tank at an unlimited rate.  However, at some point, your ability to drain oil will decline, and eventually wind up at exactly 100 gallons an hour.

Of course this is dependent on other factors including purity (foreign influences that may slow the rate), the size of the tank, and at an unlimited rate you lose the function of time. It still takes some amount of time to empty a volume of "huge" proportions and time will always exist. Of course I could always take 50 gallons and hour and you "huge" tank would overflow thus creating a surplus. A surplus would lead to lower prices. Lower prices lead to more oil using products and thus increased demand. Increased demand leads to higher prices. Another impact on making prices higher is that of margin and price gouging. If you took his post serious at first (I have read your later reply) you may be type of person to engage in this type of activity. Some may consider this an act of business and the owner having the right to set prices. Some may dispute ownership stating it is "natural" and "global" therefore belongs to humanity as a whole. Furthermore, some may argue that animals and other living things such as bateria inhabit the Earth and such also may "own" the oil. Since may things were existant before "your" oil I sure someone will find a way to charge you with theft of possesion of stolen property. This would result in the seizure of your oil assests. This would also most likely be a costly process. Unfortunately, the seizure of your assests presents a notable economic problem in that you will have to pay legal expenses to defend yourself. Unless of course, you feel that you may represent yourself. This would not be a wise choice since you were in the petroleum business and not in the legal business. Obviously this nets an end result that you are fucked and better engage in other criminal activity to raise funds for your legal defense. As you may see you have just started the begining of a vicious cycle. Fear not for you will have many people (liberals) that will come to your aid and help you. They will aid you in many ways. You may even start to sympathsize with them and begin to associate with them. You may likely assimilate their ideas and hang out on internet message boards making posts about the righteousness of things and how your peoples ideas are the only right ideas. As a result you will fail to see the humor in others and be unable to understand. This will frustrate you beyond belief. Please don't be frustrated. You're still on AR15.com (not DU) and I will tell you I am just messing with you. I was bored at work and you gave me something to do. Thank you for helping me kill time. You may return to over analyzing things as i'm sure you may be tempted to do with this. Please don't, it's not worth it. If you must you may choose to seperate this into paragraphs. I thank you in advance for making it easier to read.

I liked the graphic. Had me laughing pretty good. I caught the humor!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]
this is important stuff! call congress!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Of course this is dependent on other factors including purity (foreign influences that may slow the rate), the size of the tank, and at an unlimited rate you lose the function of time. It still takes some amount of time to empty a volume of "huge" proportions and time will always exist. Of course I could always take 50 gallons and hour and you "huge" tank would overflow thus creating a surplus. A surplus would lead to lower prices. Lower prices lead to more oil using products and thus increased demand. Increased demand leads to higher prices. Another impact on making prices higher is that of margin and price gouging. If you took his post serious at first (I have read your later reply) you may be type of person to engage in this type of activity. Some may consider this an act of business and the owner having the right to set prices. Some may dispute ownership stating it is "natural" and "global" therefore belongs to humanity as a whole. Furthermore, some may argue that animals and other living things such as bateria inhabit the Earth and such also may "own" the oil. Since may things were existant before "your" oil I sure someone will find a way to charge you with theft of possesion of stolen property. This would result in the seizure of your oil assests. This would also most likely be a costly process. Unfortunately, the seizure of your assests presents a notable economic problem in that you will have to pay legal expenses to defend yourself. Unless of course, you feel that you may represent yourself. This would not be a wise choice since you were in the petroleum business and not in the legal business. Obviously this nets an end result that you are fucked and better engage in other criminal activity to raise funds for your legal defense. As you may see you have just started the begining of a vicious cycle. Fear not for you will have many people (liberals) that will come to your aid and help you. They will aid you in many ways. You may even start to sympathsize with them and begin to associate with them. You may likely assimilate their ideas and hang out on internet message boards making posts about the righteousness of things and how your peoples ideas are the only right ideas. As a result you will fail to see the humor in others and be unable to understand. This will frustrate you beyond belief. Please don't be frustrated. You're still on AR15.com (not DU) and I will tell you I am just messing with you. I was bored at work and you gave me something to do. Thank you for helping me kill time. You may return to over analyzing things as i'm sure you may be tempted to do with this. Please don't, it's not worth it. If you must you may choose to seperate this into paragraphs. I thank you in advance for making it easier to read.

I liked the graphic. Had me laughing pretty good. I caught the humor!

I'm speechless!  It starts off great and turns into total bullshit!  

Reminds me of this t-shirt; I just couldn't stop reading:

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn y'all AK folks aren't kidding.  7.62 is now more than ..223!  That sucks. I was thinking about getting an AK
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I may have not agreed with your posts before, but that was damn funny!  Now that I am engaged to be maried I fear Peak Pie in the future!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Bumping this for the ignorant.  We must stand together and be prepared.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top