Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:14:31 PM EDT
My son got back from Belfast about a month ago. Here are some of his pictures from Belfast. He had one picture of a bank in Belfast which has been shot up. Several windows still hadnt been replaced. I cannt find that picture.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:21:28 PM EDT
Yeah, my friend moved to Dublin and took a day trip up to Belfast. He described all the sloganeering, exactly what your son's pictures show.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:44:05 AM EDT
It's a nice town though, otherwise.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:32:19 AM EDT
I hate to say it but WHO THE FUCK CARES?! how is it that every other european country that has both Protestant and Catholic living together like S. germany, Belgium, Yugoslavia, oppps cross that last one out! can live together but these guys are still fighting a war that started 500 years ago!? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:05:42 PM EDT
Closer to 800 actually.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:12:43 PM EDT
My home town
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:14:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 3:16:23 PM EDT by DOW]
I'll be flying into Belfast Int'l Monday the 9th. Spending almost 3 weeks up north in Derry with the in-laws.

God help my liver.

ETA
Belfast is so fucking dreary, no offense to Streetfighter and Copenhagen. I tried to like it there, but I just couldn't.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:19:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By t-stox:
I hate to say it but WHO THE FUCK CARES?! how is it that every other european country that has both Protestant and Catholic living together like S. germany, Belgium, Yugoslavia, oppps cross that last one out! can live together but these guys are still fighting a war that started 500 years ago!? I don't get it.

It's so much deeper than simply Catholic/Protestant, trust me. That being said, it's a tragedy that a people so fucking identical in the vast, vast majority of ways have to be at each other's throats.
Top Top