Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:00:33 PM EDT
Sweet! </Napoleon Dynamite>

There were some really funny-ass moments in this kooky, flaky-ass movie. I especially liked it when Dos Vatos appear - especially when the really hard MFer looks at the shitbird bully and just shakes his head.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Pedro offers you his protection.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Get off me Bodagit!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Great movie, funny as hell.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Only movie Ive ever walked out on...and it was an inflight movie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't I do this thread about a week ago?

ETA Sure did!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You've got shocks...pegs...lucky!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There are alot of great and memorable one liners in the film.

It takes a second veiwing to realy understand the movie for what it is worth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Why does everyone hate this film?  Simple film, really.  That's all it's meant to be.

"And here we have some boondoggle keychains, a must-have for this season's fashions."
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why does everyone hate this film?  Simple film, really.  That's all it's meant to be.

Because the word of mouth was so enthusiastic.  I got the humor just fine, it just wasn't that funny.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Easily on of the best movies I have seen in the last 5 years. Made me want to move out to small town in Idaho or Montana like in the movie, then I remembered how freakin cold it gets up there
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Only movie Ive ever walked out on...and it was an inflight movie.

hee hee.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"And here we have some boondoggle keychains, a must-have for this season's fashions."

I made, like, infinity of those at scout camp last year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I made, like, infinity of those at scout camp last year.

"Ya right Napolean, like you could even know that!" [/Kip]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually saw it for the first time three days ago...they wife said that she had heard it was pretty good from some people she knew.

We both watched it.

Afterwards, we both agreed that she should never speak to those morons again.

I was concerned after finding out in the beginning credits that MTV was involved with the movie - a bunch of brain-dead drooling imbeciles would probably find this movie funny.  OK, maybe I'm being a bit harsh....perhaps someone with an IQ as high as 50 or so might find this piece of tripe humorous.  As a matter of fact, I think my own IQ dropped by 15-20 points or so just by watching this piece of crap.  

Why did I watch the whole thing?  Only because I had heard of this movie, and figured it HAD to get better at some point.  At the point when it was mere minutes from the end, I expected there would have to be some massive, intellectual, vitally-important-to-the-security-of-the-free-world sort of revelation, but that was not to be.  My time would have been better served (and more enjoyable) by shaving my head with a cheese grater.

I almost took the following day off just so that I could personally apologize to the mailman for making him deliver that idiotic movie to me from Netflix.

Uh, I guess in retrospect that I wouldn't recommend the movie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#16]

One of the dumbest movies since the Royal Tannenbaums.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Do the chickens have large talons?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Actually saw it for the first time three days ago...they wife said that she had heard it was pretty good from some people she knew.

We both watched it.

I was concerned after finding out in the beginning credits that MTV was involved with the movie - a bunch of brain-dead drooling imbeciles would probably find this movie funny.  OK, maybe I'm being a bit harsh....perhaps someone with an IQ as high as 50 or so might find this piece of tripe humorous.  As a matter of fact, I think my own IQ dropped by 15-20 points or so just by watching this piece of crap.  

Why did I watch the whole thing?  Only because I had heard of this movie, and figured it HAD to get better at some point.  At the point when it was mere minutes from the end, I expected there would have to be some massive, intellectual, vitally-important-to-the-security-of-the-free-world sort of revelation, but that was not to be.  My time would have been better served (and more enjoyable) by shaving my head with a cheese grater.

I almost took the following day off just so that I could personally apologize to the mailman for making him deliver that idiotic movie to me from Netflix.

Sorry to sound "harsh," but anybody looking to find any great life-enriching upthrust from Hollywood fare is searching for meaning in all the wrong places. It's just a quirky movie with a lot of weird, improbable characters that's a riot to watch... because they're weird, improbable characters.

Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
One of the dumbest movies since the Royal Tannenbaums.

Retards! </Napoleon Dynamite>
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

We both watched it.

Thats cus your from Lousianna...

If you know anything about Idaho, the movie is hillarious...I went to school 45 mins from Idaho and let me tell.....GOSH....that movie was right on!

The funniest part was when they showed dude wearing a Ricks College shirt....LMAO everyont and their brother out there at one time when to Ricks or Snow College....god that was funny.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Tried to watch it.  Turned it off after 45 minutes.  My estimations of those individuals in my life who incessantly spout the one-liners from that film were instantly degraded in my worldview.  

And I am a person who rented and watched all of Hellraiser 5 and also that crappy Austrailian zombie movie with the busty chick shooting aliens with triple shotguns.  Not as cool as it sounds.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't post now......I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sorry to sound "harsh," but anybody looking to find any great life-enriching upthrust from Hollywood fare is searching for meaning in all the wrong places. It's just a quirky movie with a lot of weird, improbable characters that's a riot to watch... because they're weird, improbable characters.

Pretty simple.

Heh, no, I wasn't looking for anything but entertainment for an evening....I just figured that after an hour of watching, there had to be some earth-shattering reason for ANYONE to sit through that much crap and STILL think it was a good movie.

;)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If you know anything about Idaho, the movie is hillarious...I went to school 45 mins from Idaho and let me tell.....GOSH....that movie was right on!

The funniest part was when they showed dude wearing a Ricks College shirt....LMAO everyont and their brother out there at one time when to Ricks or Snow College....god that was funny.

Nah, just moved to Louisiana from western Colorado three months ago....spent much time in Idaho, and almost moved there.

No offense, but if you're the type of person who thinks that wearing a shirt with writing on it is hilarious, then maybe that explains your affinity for this movie.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought it was  pretty funny movie, even though it was mainly a collection of oddball people.
----
Too many movies nowadays rely on special effects--that are "easy" to do with computers now. It's just not impressive anymore.
~
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, just moved to Louisiana from western Colorado three months ago....spent much time in Idaho, and almost moved there.

No offense, but if you're the type of person who thinks that wearing a shirt with writing on it is hilarious, then maybe that explains your affinity for this movie.

No, actually all my shirts are solid white...I even cut the collar tags off to avoid all semblance of the english language and the possibility of finding humor of any kind....

Umm...it was not simply that a shirt had "writting" on it...it was, and I thought I made this clear, the fact that a guy in the movie was wearing a shirt that said "Ricks College".  And there were many many people I met who went there.

The think that really cracks me up though are Quicksilver, Rusty, and Ezekial shirts....fing funny.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

We both watched it.

You know what they say about opinions. I'm sure there are movies that you love that are viewed as completely rediculous as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#28]
It's just a lo-fi, silly little film about uber-white-bread folk.  It was bound to disappoint if you listened to any of the hype about it.  Go into it expecting nothing, and it is enjoyable enough.

But I understand where all the haters are coming from.  I kind of feel the same way about any film with Will Ferrell in it.  I'm still waiting for the funny parts at the end credits.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#29]
You can think this movie sucks....until you watch "Neighbors" with Dan Aykroyd in it.  Dumbest, most inane, stupid fucking piece of shit ever created.

Just saw it tonight, browsing through Comcast's On Demand Free crap.

Idiotic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome flick, but only if you go into knowing it's going to be stupid.

"I caught you a delicious bass."
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Do the chickens have large talons?

I don't understand a word you just said, son.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#32]
This movie was not the least bit entertaining, nor funny.  I even tried watching it twice.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Rex Kwon Do

"Think I got where I am today by dressin' like Peter Pan here?"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We both watched it.

I felt exactly the same way you did.  Till I started quoting it's classic one liners a couple weeks later.  

at first I was like WTF?

NOw I like it. It's funny
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#35]
You got to watch it more then once!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quite possibly the dumbest film ever made.  I've sat through films by Roger Corman, Doris Wishman, Albert Pyun, some of the worst directors ever.  Napoleon Dynamite was far, far worse than anything they ever made.  It will probably spawn a whole batch of similarly idiotic films.  I hate MTV and Hollywood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top