Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:17:09 PM EDT

Someone sent me this as a chain letter (rest of the crap is deleted)-it's supposed to be a quote from the Koran.My bullshit detector is going off,but figured I'd throw it out here to see what your opinions are .

"Koran (9:11)-For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.  The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo,  while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the  wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace."  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I cannot believe that people still fall for this
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Its bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I got that too.  Here's the whole email:

VERY INTERESTING -

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the crad le of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in  Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq. !

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq< I>!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in  Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bib le. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

The 9:11 part really throws out the bullshit flag.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't say anything about cutting the infidel's throat. It's bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

my copy of the koran doesnt say much about that either
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Dupe and not true.

Details here.

Edit: Wow 6 replies in 2 minutes!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess you dont read all that well.

Qur’an 47:4 “When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam.”

Ishaq:580 “Our strong warriors obey his orders to the letter. By us Allah’s religion is undeniably strong. You would think when our horses gallop with bits in their mouths that the sounds of demons are among them. The day we trod down the unbelievers there was no deviation or turning from the Apostle’s order. During the battle the people heard our exhortations to fight and the smashing of skulls by swords that sent heads flying. We severed necks with a warrior’s blow. Often we have left the slain cut to pieces and a widow crying alas over her mutilated husband. ’Tis Allah, not man we seek to please.”

Qur’an 8:12 “Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I am with you. Give firmness to the Believers. I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.”
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll have to cross reference later tonite, I got my copy as part of the koran give away program from CAIR, so who knows?  

it is pretty interesting, not a whole lot different than the bible, sort of the same idea with a different cast
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I am going to throw out the flag on this one. It is funny how some people insist on throwing out this kind of trash information on the web just to seem intelligent. I get those kind of E-Mails sometimes too, and trash them.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If they can get OBL's email address they should spam his inbox with that.  

You know, just to mess with him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess you dont read all that well.

Qur’an 47:4 “When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam.”

Ishaq:580 “Our strong warriors obey his orders to the letter. By us Allah’s religion is undeniably strong. You would think when our horses gallop with bits in their mouths that the sounds of demons are among them. The day we trod down the unbelievers there was no deviation or turning from the Apostle’s order. During the battle the people heard our exhortations to fight and the smashing of skulls by swords that sent heads flying. We severed necks with a warrior’s blow. Often we have left the slain cut to pieces and a widow crying alas over her mutilated husband. ’Tis Allah, not man we seek to please.”

Qur’an 8:12 “Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I am with you. Give firmness to the Believers. I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.”

some definitions for you, based upon Islamic Jurisprudence from the four Madhabs of Sunni Islam:

"believer" - Muslim or "person of the book", the latter referring to Christians, Jews, and Sabeans.
"unbeliever" - pagans, mainly polytheists, including Hindus among others.
"infidel" - see "unbeliever"

Now, if you are talking about Salafi beliefs, which are not respected by the majority of Muslims, but have growing sway among the younger generations:

"believer" - follower of the reformed version of Islam provided by Al-Wahhab.
"unbeliever" - any other Muslim groups, and pagans, and "people of the book".
"infidel" - see "unbeliever"(def. 2)

We need to attack the Salafi ideals and those who promote them, as they are truly an evil group. In addition to that, I would support funding promoters of the actually valid schools of Islam, the four Madhabs of Sunni Islam, in addition with Shi`a Islam.

EDIT: And, by the way, you are only allowed to attack pagans who infringe upon your terroritory or declare war on you, and it doesn't matter if the enemy is a believer or non-believer, if they offer a cease-fire, you are supposed to take it; however, if they go back on their cease-fire agreement, you are not supposed to give them another chance to betray your trust.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

some definitions for you, based upon Islamic Jurisprudence from the four Madhabs of Sunni Islam:

"believer" - Muslim or "person of the book", the latter referring to Christians, Jews, and Sabeans.
"unbeliever" - pagans, mainly polytheists, including Hindus among others.
"infidel" - see "unbeliever"

Now, if you are talking about Salafi beliefs, which are not respected by the majority of Muslims, but have growing sway among the younger generations:

"believer" - follower of the reformed version of Islam provided by Al-Wahhab.
"unbeliever" - any other Muslim groups, and pagans, and "people of the book".
"infidel" - see "unbeliever"(def. 2)

We need to attack the Salafi ideals and those who promote them, as they are truly an evil group. In addition to that, I would support funding promoters of the actually valid schools of Islam, the four Madhabs of Sunni Islam, in addition with Shi`a Islam.

EDIT: And, by the way, you are only allowed to attack pagans who infringe upon your terroritory or declare war on you, and it doesn't matter if the enemy is a believer or non-believer, if they offer a cease-fire, you are supposed to take it; however, if they go back on their cease-fire agreement, you are not supposed to give them another chance to betray your trust.

An infidel is someone who will not SUBMIT to islam.

Qur’an 5:17 “Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, ‘The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.’”

Qur’an 5:51 “Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other.”

Qur’an 5:72 They are surely infidels who blaspheme and say: God is Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.

Qur’an 4:140 “You have been commanded in the Book that whenever you hear Verses of Allah denied, derided, ridiculed, or mocked [as is the only reasoned response], do not sit with them and engage them in this talk or you will be no different from them. Indeed, Allah will collect the Hypocrites and Infidels together and put them all in Hell.”

Qur’an 3:32 “Say: ‘Obey Allah and His Messenger;’ If they refuse, remember Allah does not like unbelieving infidels.”

Qur’an 8:73  “The unbelieving infidels are allies. Unless you (Muslims) aid each other (fighting as one united block to make Allah’s religion victorious), there will be confusion and mischief. Those who accepted Islam, left their homes to fight in Allah’s Cause (al-Jihad), as well as those who give them asylum, shelter, and aid—these are (all) Believers: for them is pardon and bountiful provision (in Paradise).”

Qur’an 47:4 “When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah’s Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam.”

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels out to the last.’”

Allah wants infidels “wiped out and terrorized.” That makes war and terror mainstream Islam.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#13]
What part of chain letter do you not understand?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What part of chain letter do you not understand?

Burn !!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I wiped my ass using that specific page on the koran that passage was on.  

So therefore I have no answer to your inquiry.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Surah 9:11 states:

But (even so) if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practice regular charity, - they are your brethern in Faith (thus) do we explain the signs in detail, for those who do not understand.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine says "If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, they shall become your brothers in the faith.  Thus do we make plain our revelations to men of knowledge." 9:11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top