Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT by passgas55]
I own a 30 cal can for my 300 whisper and now want to get something for a 22lr. So I have a few questions for the 22lr can owners.
1- A non take apart can or a one you can take apart.(cleaning problems?)
2- A barrel mount locking system or a treaded system.(I do like the quick mounts but limits can selection)
3- I need some names of diffrent can makers in the 22lr market
4- With price not being an object what can would you buy and why(I will not try to save $100 and being unhappy because the stamp still cost $200 either way)
5- I would like the quietest can if it is not to big
6-Primary use on a Walters 3.5" P22, also will be used on a 22 bolt or lever gun and maybe a 10/22 ruger.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:16:16 PM EDT
SWR Warlock was the quietest in the silencertest.com comparison. For as much time and trouble as it is to get a can, get one that threads on... you can do a lot of threading/unthreading in the time it takes to wait for a new aproval for a second can...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:29:46 PM EDT by UmpaLumpa]
www.awcsystech.com/
A close friend of mine has been a class 3 dealer for the past 10+ years. He has seen/heard all kinds of cans and he has told me many many times awc is the quitest he has ever heard. Now I don't have any experince with a detachable can, but I did get one from him thats built into a ruger 77/22 ( basicly its a bolt action 10/22) No way to take the supressor appart, but it doesn't require the maintence other suppressors do. According to AWC every 1000 rounds I have to soak it in solvent. I was amazed how quite it was, honestly it doesn't even sound like a gun at all. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a twig snaping in half, and its about as loud!! Now keep in mind that this is a bolt action gun so I don't have the noise of an semi-automatic action slaping back and forth to deal with ethier.

AWC has a can for the 22 walther pistol one they have in titanium and they don't charge extra for it.

Edit: To make the link hot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
I woudlnt own a sealed 22 can only 22lr is extremly dirty.

you would probly get more responceshere
Top Top