Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
I own a 30 cal can for my 300 whisper and now  want to get something for a 22lr. So I have a few questions for the 22lr can owners.
1- A non take apart can or a one you can take apart.(cleaning problems?)
2- A barrel mount locking system or a treaded system.(I do like the quick mounts but limits can selection)
3- I need some names of diffrent can makers in the 22lr market
4- With price not being an object what can would you buy and why(I will not try to save $100 and being unhappy because the stamp still cost $200 either way)
5- I would like the quietest can if it is not to big
6-Primary use on a Walters 3.5" P22, also will be used on a 22 bolt or lever gun and maybe a 10/22 ruger.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
SWR Warlock was the quietest in the silencertest.com comparison. For as much time and trouble as it is to get a can, get one that threads on... you can do a lot of threading/unthreading in the time it takes to wait for a new aproval for a second can...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
www.awcsystech.com/
A close friend of mine has been a class 3 dealer for the past 10+ years.  He has seen/heard all kinds of cans and he has told me many many times awc is the quitest he has ever heard.  Now I don't have any experince with a detachable can, but I did get one from him thats built into a ruger 77/22 ( basicly its a bolt action 10/22)  No way to take the supressor appart, but it doesn't require the maintence other suppressors do.  According to AWC every 1000 rounds I have to soak it in solvent.  I was amazed how quite it was, honestly it doesn't even sound like a gun at all.  The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a twig snaping in half, and its about as loud!!  Now keep in mind that this is a bolt action gun so I don't have the noise of an semi-automatic action slaping back and forth to deal with ethier.

AWC has a can for the 22 walther pistol one they have in titanium and they don't charge extra for it.

Edit: To make the link hot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I woudlnt own a sealed 22 can only 22lr is extremly dirty.

you would probly get more responceshere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top