Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why don't you try taking some personal responsibility for once in your life?
You KNEW you were breaking the law by speeding. Is it a defense that YOU don't believe the speed is set right for that particular area? I don't think so.
"Oh yes, your honor, I was going (10, 20, 50, etc.) mph over the speed limit but I think that speed limit is WRONG!"  How ignorant and arrogant can some people be?

HEY BUDDY, TRY READING MY POST AND ABOUT 10 OF MY REPLIES!!

I admit I was speeding. I admit I deserved a ticket. My complaint is about the government making certain areas with rediculously low speed limits on purpose that makes the road MORE dangerous all for the purpose of revenue!

Oh wait, im shure you have never been traveling on the highway and looked over a the speedlimit sign and realised you were going 15 mph over the speedlimit. right?
Who here is being arrogant?

Wow! What are you doing, sitting by your computer and immediately responding to each and every common sense post that says you were wrong? Just hoping and praying that a few people will take your side so it makes you fel better? Unbelievable!  

I have.  But if I had been busted for it, I wouldn't be bitching about it just being about revenue.  I would cowboy up and pay it

No! No! No! That's not what this guy wants to hear! He wants people to sympathize and agree with him. Saying he should take responsibility over it blows his whole argument out of the water
Now, repeat after me everybody -
"The speed limit is whatever you want it to be."
"I love Klinton...."
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You KNEW you were breaking the law by speeding. Is it a defense that YOU don't believe the speed is set right for that particular area? I don't think so.
"Oh yes, your honor, I was going (10, 20, 50, etc.) mph over the speed limit but I think that speed limit is WRONG!"  How ignorant and arrogant can some people be?

I admit I was speeding. I admit I deserved a ticket. My complaint is about the government making certain areas with rediculously low speed limits on purpose that makes the road MORE dangerous all for the purpose of revenue!

Oh wait, im shure you have never been traveling on the highway and looked over a the speedlimit sign and realised you were going 15 mph over the speedlimit. right?

Wow! What are you doing, sitting by your computer and immediately responding to each and every common sense post that says you were wrong? Just hoping and praying that a few people will take your side so it makes you feel better? Unbelievable!  

No im simply correcting people who are taking me out of context. I am trying to point out the fact that in some places, especially in rural OH, speed limits are sometimes posted in a way to trap people into being caught speeding. Its called a speed trap and its what happened to me today. The speed limit mysteriously droped 10 mph. Its how rural areas make money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
fuxking sheep

yep

Because the govt made it that way it must be the for the best. Pay your fine and quit making a fuss. ect
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no they are not money makers, while I supports cops I have never seen them work to the point were they actually made a profit for the county.  With court cost and all it usully COSTS money to write a ticket.

You Sir, know nothing about the state of Ohio...

Some towns only exist because of speeding tickets...

The name "New Rome" comes to mind.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The speed limit is the damn limit what dont people understand. 50 means 50 not what ever you are comfortable with. If there was no sign saying reduce speed then yes its a speed trap if you are not paying attention to road sign the shut up and take the ticket.

Well, maybe.  Example.  A few years ago, for a brief time the speed limits were dropped on the interstates in Texas.  The Harris County DA announced he would drop the charges against those caught speeding if they were not going faster than what was origianally designed to be the speed limit of the highway.  If the limit was dropped to 55 or 60 due to economic reasons (fuel consumption) and TXDOT designed the roads to drive on at 70, your ticket would not be prosecuited if you were going 70 or less.  Now, if you were going 80, you were dead meat.  In any case, after spending a shit load to change the speed limit signs, the State caved in a changed them back, thus spending a shit load X2.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fuxking sheep

yep

Because the govt made it that way it must be the for the best. Pay your fine and quit making a fuss. ect

Do you think that maybe its possible that whoever in the "government" that made it that way actually DID know better than this guy?  And even though he feels it may be too low, there are plenty of drivers who are comfortable driving at that speed?  Hence these drivers aren't cited for violating the law.  And do you think maybe its possible that he could petition his councilmember or other government official to have a traffic study done to evaluate the posted speed limit?

Or do you think it would be easier to just come on an internet board and every time someone breaks a law that they don't agree with, you just cheer them on.  And for those that believe that laws are in place through a representative form of government and that believe that even though we may not agree with those laws, it is our civic duty to obey them...well, they're just sheep
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree......annoying way to create tax money.

Learn the system, learn to beat the tickets, drive any speed that's safe for the conditions and your vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Learn the system, learn to beat the tickets, drive any speed that's safe for the conditions and your vehicle.

...smoke dope, cheat on your taxes, cheat on your wife.
Hey! It's the Klinton lifestyle!  IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!
Laws? What laws? We don't need no stinking laws..."
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree with you - there are too many places where the speed limits are artifically low, and the only reason for that is revenue generation. It seems most pullovers are isolated drivers on clear roads, with no danger to themselves or to anybody.

On a well-maintained highway or freeway, the speed limit should be 70mph. Better yet, why not have a dynamic speed limit dictated by road conditions? Those big bright LED signs they use for construction can be used. But that would be too efficient and take away their revenue wouldn't it?

Alot of the people here on the forums would  have told George Washington to ask King George if we could have our freedom. And then they would have gone and did what George did anyway. Or criticize other people for downloading music and then go ahead and do it themselves. Total hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
So where was the speed trap?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...smoke dope, cheat on your taxes, cheat on your wife.
Hey! It's the Klinton lifestyle!  IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!
Laws? What laws? We don't need no stinking laws..."

Montana didnt have a speed limit for years, just tickets issued for unsafe driving. Things seemed to work well. Then all the sudden they realised they were missing out on all the money making goodness.

Germany has the autoban, in many areas there is no speed limit. The areas with a speed limit the posted speed is much higher than it is in the US. It is considerably SAFER than American highways. Why? because people pass on the left ONLY, and you are not alowed to linger in the left lane. Also driving is a all encompasing thing, there is nobody who talks on a cell, eats, ect while there driving on the autoban.

SOCOM. This is called America, were alowed to disagree with the laws of the state. Im not saying the law doesnt apply to me, im just questioning the merits of the law. But I dont think that you fully understand that, let me guess JBT?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I never saw too much difference between the autobahn and US interstates. Well other than the wrecks.  The autobahn wrecks tend to be pretty "hard" on the people involved.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top