Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:57:45 PM EDT
Hello. Please help me here. I am at witts end.

I want to move. No more Pittsburgh for me. I would like to move some place where it is WARM, all the time. I am talking "ever-summer", "never-winter".

Here is what i want.....

My first, and only priority is that it MUST be warm: warm in the summer, warm in the winter. I am talking like 70's+ during the day. I would prefer no lower than 60's at night, but i could handle down to the low 50's or high 40's at night... but that has to be a rarity.

Some place where the humidity isnt THAT oppressive, i don't want 90 degrees and 85% humidity. I think this rules most of southern florida out... as i hear the summers are "extreme".

I would prefer to NOT have to deal with hurricanes, strike 2 for florida.

I understand this is blasphemy... but it doesn't have to be a gun friendly state. I can make due with one of whatever they think is "legal" for home defense. The cold weather... is literally killing me up here, so guns are of no use to me... if i am not physically able to use them.

I was thinking Hawaii maybe, or maybe AZ, i dont know much about the west coast.

In terms of employment.... I can honestly say... to be warm... i would gladly be a garbage man. I will find something to do, it doesnt matter to me what it is, as long as i can keep a roof over my head.

You have no idea how important your health is... until it starts to go. I would give anything.......

have a good one.

S
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 1:59:52 PM EDT by MTNmyMag]
No where in th United States at least the Lower 48 I dunno about the Big Island
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT
Change your ways or you'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:59:44 PM EDT
Texas is nice, we had two days of winter this year, it was 80 on new years day...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:00:34 PM EDT
Texas is a big state buddy the whole state hasnt only had 2 days of winter
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:01:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunner1X:
Change your ways or you'll find out soon enough.

the hot coals sound nice...... but the pokin' in the ass with a pitch fork.... isnt so appealing.

thanks for the laugh
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:01:53 PM EDT
Phoenix has very mild winters.........

..... and blistering fucking HOT summers.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:02:54 PM EDT
There is a reason there are so many people in So Cal ...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:04:25 PM EDT
Arizona, but I hear they're full.

Seriously. Arizona, Tejas are probably the warmest.

Spent some time in Az over the past year to see if it were truly full.

The vacations I planned happened to fall on gun show weekends.

Couldn't buy anything though, but a tshirt
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:06:34 PM EDT
Well its January 6th and it is currently 82 in Phoenix where I am right now. Coldest mid-day average I have witnessed since I moved here over 4 years ago have been in the high 50's. Summers suck, but the other 8-9 months are awesome. I'm out riding my Harley in a t-shirt or at worst a sweatshirt and BBQing when my buddies in San Jose are cold and wet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:06:46 PM EDT
So Cal near the coast. Anywhere south of Santa Barbra. Send me your "Assault weapons" for safe keeping.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:08:42 PM EDT
Sounds like San Diego.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:08:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
Arizona, but I hear they're full.

Seriously. Arizona, Tejas are probably the warmest.

Spent some time in Az over the past year to see if it were truly full.

The vacations I planned happened to fall on gun show weekends.

Couldn't buy anything though, but a tshirt

indeed we are full.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:10:32 PM EDT
Yup. AZ is the place to be. Provided you can take molten asphalt heat in the summer...I love leaving my footprints in the street!

GT

Native
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:13:44 PM EDT
it is 80 * out right now at my house. But alas, we are full.

Maybe Puerto Rico
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:13:56 PM EDT
You need to move to southern California then.
The weather is exactly how you describe what you desire.

Send me your guns.
I'll take care of them.
I promise.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:25:20 PM EDT
Man.... Honolulu Hawaii..... is looking DAMN good.....

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:26:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 2:29:43 PM EDT by Alien]
I think Arizona (pro gun state) or California (anti gun state) is it. I don't think we dropped below 65-70 for a high this winter here in Phoenix! It was unseasonably warm. It also doesn't rain a buttload here so your firearms won't rust! From what I understand from a gun standpoint, Hawaii is horrible. California and Hawaii both have high costs of living.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:28:54 PM EDT
O'hau Hawaii or Bagdad!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:09 PM EDT
Hawaii
So Cal
High desert of S. AZ
Sea-Tac/Vancouver if you don't mind the dampness
Some of the Aleutian islands stay warm during the winter due to warm ocean currents.

Most moneyed people migrate north and south depending on the season. If I had the dough I'd winter in Guaymas, MX and summer in Vancouver.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 2:32:41 PM EDT by shootemup]

Originally Posted By Stainless:
Man.... Honolulu Hawaii..... is looking DAMN good.....

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/StainlessSteel/YeahBaby.jpg

I don't know. I see average humidity of 63-75%. Not many "clear" days either

ETA link:

Hawaii's Climate

The Hawaiian Islands have a moderate tropical climate with gentle northeasterly tradewinds and warm Pacific waters almost year-round. Temperatures vary little from place to place, except at higher elevations (see "mountain conditions," below). The average annual temperature of 75 degrees Fahrenheit (23.9 degrees Celsius) fluctuates only a few degrees from summer (May through October) to winter (November through April). The recorded temperature in the state has ranged from 12 degrees F (-11.1 degrees C) near the summit of Mauna Kea in 1979 to 100 degrees F (37.8 degrees C) at Pahala (on the Big Island of Hawaii) in 1931.
Rainfall
Unlike the temperature, Hawaii's rainfall varies tremendously according to location. The highest amount of rainfall is usually at moderate elevations on the windward (east) sides of the islands and is due to moisture-laden oceanic tradewinds. Leeward (western) locations are drier, because they are shielded from the damp winds by mountains.

The lowest rainfall in the state is at Puako in leeward Hawaii (Big Island), which averages 5.7 inches (145 mm) of rain per year. Mt. Wai'ale'ale on Kaua'i is considered the "world's wettest spot," averaging 486 inches (12,344 mm) of rainfall per year.

Mild rain and wind storms are more frequent during Hawaii's winter months (November through April), but they generally clear within 24 hours. Although severe storms are uncommon (such as hurricanes, or downgraded hurricanes called "tropical storms"), they do make landfall in the Central Pacific, on average, every eight to 10 years. The state's last hurricane, Hurricane Iniki, was in September 1992, causing an estimated $1 billion in damage. Most of the destruction was on the island of Kaua'i. The state's annual "hurricane season" — when these storms are most likely to form in the Pacific — is June through September.

Water Temperature
Hawaiian waters are inviting year-round, averaging 74 degrees F (23 C) and reaching close to 80 degrees F (26 C) in the summer months. Surf conditions vary year-round according to seasonal storms in the Pacific.

Mountain conditions
Hawaii has mountainous regions. At higher elevations (such as Mauna Kea on the Big Island, Haleakala on Maui or Koke'e on Kaua'i) the temperature drops an average of 3.5 degrees F for every 1,000 feet of elevation above sea level. This means that when it's 80 degrees F on the beach it may be only 50 degrees F at the 10,023-foot-high summit of Haleakala.

During the winter months (November through April), it's likely that the Big Island's Mauna Kea and Maui's Haleakala will have moderate to heavy snowfall. While there is no formal ski area in Hawaii, residents do occasionally sled and ski on Mauna Kea's slopes.

Winter temperatures on Mauna Kea range from 25 to 40 degrees F (-4 to 4 C), but wind chill can bring the temperature to below zero at the summit.

Average Temperature, Rainfall, Humidity
• Average January temperature range:
Honolulu: 65 to 79 degrees F (18.3 to 26.1 C)
Hilo: 63 to 80 degrees F (17.2 to 26.7 C)

• Average July temperature range:
Honolulu: 73 to 87 degrees F (22.8 to 30.6 C)
Hilo: 68 to 83 degrees F (20 to 28.3 C)

• Average annual temperature:
Honolulu: 77 degrees F (25 C)
Hilo: 73 degrees F (22.8 C)

• Average annual precipitation:
Honolulu: 23 inches (584 mm)
Hilo: 134 inches (3404 mm)

• Average annual snowfall:
Honolulu: 0
Hilo: 0

• Average number of days per year with appreciable precipitation:
Honolulu: 102
Hilo: 282

• Average daily relative humidity:
Honolulu: 63%
Hilo: 75%

• Average number of clear days per year:
Honolulu: 90
Hilo: 30

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:30:47 PM EDT
Flagstaff, AZ
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:42:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:
Phoenix has very mild winters.........

..... and blistering fucking HOT summers.

Yes, but its a dry heat.

And you'll only have to have three jobs to live in Hawaii.

And Washington is full, besides it rains here every single day. No sun for months, snow, riots, earthquakes...hell, I may have to move now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:43:49 PM EDT
its 80 degrees out right now

what the fuck happened to January?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:45:46 PM EDT
How bad does Hawaii get hit by storms?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:47:36 PM EDT

Hello. Please help me here. I am at witts end.

I want to move. No more Pittsburgh for me. I would like to move some place where it is WARM, all the time. I am talking "ever-summer", "never-winter".

S

Mexico
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:10:56 PM EDT
You can get a killer tan working the flightline on dayshift at DMAFB Tucson...!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:15:57 PM EDT
San Diego on the mainland...or Florida.

Hawaii is always warm too.

Pick your poison!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:23:19 PM EDT by nightstalker]
Imperial Valley CA, average 89º hi, 55º low. Hard to get more toasty than that.

Huntington Beach is very nice. 82 today, mid-50's overnight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:45:01 PM EDT
Mexico, err korea, hell I mean socal.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:49:36 PM EDT by 688manuvering]
hawaii checking in here .

shorts all year long , although i was freezin the other night it got down to 58 .

oh and you would be one lucky person to land a city job like a trash collector .

are you white ? if so be prepared to make minimum wage if you can find anybody that will hire you .

minimum house price right now is $610,000

rents are around $1,800 to $2,200 for a shitty little house .

food is about 1/3 more .

on oahu theres almost no place to get away from people .

the other islands are real nice compared to this place .

you like to eat ? this is the place .

you like the beach and women this is the place .

my best advice to you is have a job lined up before you come over .

bring lots of cash , youll need it .

on the web look up pearl harbor navel shipyard apprentice program .

good luck .

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:47:56 PM EDT
I have heard that Hawaii is very anti-gun...or so I hear. I'd vote for AZ, TX, NM, anywhere but Kali.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:48:13 PM EDT
The Keys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:51:36 PM EDT
Where can i live and be warm all the time?

Inside.

Where the summers are good, the winters suck, and where the winters are good, the summer sucks.

That is why there are so many "snowbirds". It seems half the population here runs to AZ in the winter.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 4:05:19 PM EDT by 688manuvering]

Originally Posted By deej86:
I have heard that Hawaii is very anti-gun...or so I hear. I'd vote for AZ, TX, NM, anywhere but Kali.

yes there are no carry permits . and yes there is some paperwork to by a gun . big anti gun , no not really . big game huntin is for pigs and goats . there is deer hunting on the other islands .

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:06:04 PM EDT
SoFla but its so crowded here, then my cherce for outside Conus would be Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands if they would ever fix their ramant crime problems, outside of the USA would be Fortaleza, Brazil.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:26:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 688manuvering:

yeah. i tried sending you an IM after your thread about 58 degrees.... then i tried sending you an email... but i dont know if you got it or not.

thanks for the help.

yes, i am white. how bad off does that make me?

i thought honolulu would be the easiest place to start because it has the most number of people. what about an apartment complex? are there any ? are they cheaper?

what does that mean? seriously... i would appreciate it.

i did some research, there is no chance of CCW and mag limit for a "hand gun" is 10 rounds. no class 3 either.

yeah, i noticed you HAVE to be a resident to get a gov job.

yes i like to eat.

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:10:12 PM EDT
Washington State, between Seattle and Blaine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:12:20 PM EDT
My parents live in Blythe CA. They called me this morning and said it was 82 out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:19:59 PM EDT
Florida would be too humid for you. Being that gun control is not an issue, my vote is for southern California, second would be AZ(My #1 pick).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:22:27 PM EDT
Try Florida. You will get used to the Hurricanes and even in winter it is warmer than the North, very few REALLY cold days here
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
Suck it up and move to a real state like... Idaho.
We have room... don't wait long... CA is moving in fast!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:29:18 PM EDT
San Antonio is where I'm going next.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:31:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AeroE:
Washington State, between Seattle and Blaine.

+1

Or Western Oregon.

Seriously, those requirements are gonna be tough to satisfy, and still stay in a pro gun area. I would say AZ is your best bet, or South TX.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:39:36 PM EDT
Costa Rica.....................................
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:43:16 PM EDT
For temperate weather, I'd have to agree that the coastal areas of Southern California would be hard to beat on a year-long basis. However, you need to first hit the Lotto, be willing to put-up with no responsible taxation and spending, a gloomy outlook of 10 million new arrivals to California within the next decade (most of them will not be taxpayers), and then of course, the gun issue. I live about 4-5 miles from the coast, the price was right and the weather is fine. Oh, I was born in So Cal, but I left the area for 12 years and returned ... the one thing that struck me when I returned home was the incredible materialism.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnTheTexican:
Sounds like San Diego.

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT by 688manuvering]

Originally Posted By 688manuvering:

yeah. i tried sending you an IM after your thread about 58 degrees.... then i tried sending you an email... but i dont know if you got it or not.

thanks for the help.

yes, i am white. how bad off does that make me?

i thought honolulu would be the easiest place to start because it has the most number of people. what about an apartment complex? are there any ? are they cheaper?

what does that mean? seriously... i would appreciate it.

i did some research, there is no chance of CCW and mag limit for a "hand gun" is 10 rounds. no class 3 either.

yeah, i noticed you HAVE to be a resident to get a gov job.

yes i like to eat.

thanks for the help

the other islands are more kickback ,alot of time the streets will roll up at 7 to 8 pm and earlier . honolulu is a big city with lots of people and alot of riff raff . work is harder to find for a new person on the other islands atleast a liveable wage , but like anything you stick with it and youll be able to make it happen .

gettin a job right now should be fairly easy on oahu . if your unskilled plan on minimum wage to maybe 10 maybe 12 per hour if your lucky . so now that you make 10 bucks an hour plan on workin 2 jobs to pay the rent of an apartment of lets say between 1000 and 1500 hundred a month.and yes there are lots of apartments .

ok lets talk about the white thing . if you know how to carry yourself you should have no problems . there are alot of good people of all races here , but my experience is that the white guy gets the shit end of the stick most of the time.
thats just my 2cents , like it or not thats the way it is . i hope it will be different for you .

i notice that you didnt mention anything about women or beaches , is there a problem in that department .

on the web look up honolulu advertiser its the local paper .

good luck , your gonna need it .
oh ya i forgot one thing , this place aint part of the US of A as far as im concerned

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:50:13 PM EDT
on the equator
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:57:27 PM EDT
Vegas.

Or further north if you want a better quality of life IMHO
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:00:45 PM EDT
Indeed, Arizona is full.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top