Edited for verification by USPS.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe it's Jan. 8th.

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Why didn't those fuckers just make it an even $ 0.40 and leave us alone for a year?

Better yet, how about they make it an even $ 0.50 and leave us alone for 2 or 3 years.

I remember as a kid it was a big deal when the USPS raised their rates.  Now it's so damn often it we don't think twice about it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Boy, they really publicized this one didn't they?  I bought three books of stamps last month and they never said a word.  Nor were there any signs in the post office.

Might as well raise it to 50 cents so we wont' have to buy stamps for a while.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
You can buy 2 cent stamps in the meantime. I only have 1 37 cent stamp.

I called up USPS and they said they wouldn't even have 39 cent stamps for awhile. WTF, over.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can buy 2 cent stamps in the meantime. I only have 1 37 cent stamp.

I called up USPS and they said they wouldn't even have 39 cent stamps for awhile. WTF, over.

I bought the new stamps last week.  They say "First Class" on the stamp but don't have a denomination.  
So, technically they might not have 39 cent stamps but they have first class stamps that cost 39 cents.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
DAMN!

I thought it started on the third!!! I already wasted two 2 cent stamps adding them to 37 cent stamps!

Well, one is maybe salvagable.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank God for e-mail and phones.  I never mail anything anymore except the occasional oddball check.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
This increase was actually mandated by congress.  They required the USPS to have in escrow I think, $200 million or so.  To be spent on:  TBD.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#10]
its because of their union

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top