Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:04:22 PM EDT
i just bought a mossberg500 special purpose 12g, and in the booklet it mentioned a wooden dowel rod inserted in to the mag tube to restrict shell capacity during hunting.

Now my question, Is it leagal to keep the dowl rod out??? not hunting....................just loaded up for my self and familys pertection??? sorry i posted this here b/c i know a lot of people will respond and the shotgun section is slow......
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:05:52 PM EDT
Yup - the dowel is for when hunting migratory birds - other than that, you're good to go...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:08:13 PM EDT
BTW, I think the shotgun forum moves along pretty good - it's pretty rare for someone not to get a timely answer over there, IMO - and there's some extremely knowledgeable people there, too...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:11:54 PM EDT
wow thanks for the fast reply!!! i thought it would be ok but i had to ask to reassure myself. The shot gun form is a very helpful place im just being impatent in needed an answer tonight, as i wont be able to get back on line for a few days, anyhow thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:23:21 PM EDT
You're welcome - as for the speed of the reply, you timed it just as I came to the top of the page... Take care, and enjoy your new shotgun...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:40:53 PM EDT
Thank you, kind sir.........
Top Top