Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I mean killing someone in that circumstance would likely lead to criminal man slaughter charges and a civil wrongful death suit.

What fucking planet do you people live on? Armed robber gets a bullet. That's a good shoot.

Agreed!

Absolutely agreed.  No doubt on double tapping an armed robber being called a good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you get robbed at gunpoint and don't bother to call the police? You can't ID clothing, race anything? Sorry, you are not smart enought to carry a gun.

ok sorry for not being clear enough.  When I said Skin color I was including race. I could describe style of clothing but no details. Wasn't really thinking about that at the time. What could the police have done.

If it has happened before they might have a few leads, if not they might patrol that area a little better. For all you know he could be 2 streets over scoring some crack. They might know who has been hanging in that area and he might be caught on some survailance tapes at some other time of the day. Cops do know the bums that hang in an area if they stay a bit.
Being robbed at gunpoint is not something I would fail to have reported, how will you feel if the guy shoots the next victim and you read about it. Maybe a report would put him up for longer if he has several armed robbery charges against him instead of one?

And I'm glad you are not hurt, but would you have reported it if it was your WIFE that had been robbed? How about worse?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
WHere in VA was this?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WHere in VA was this?

Hampton
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you get robbed at gunpoint and don't bother to call the police? You can't ID clothing, race anything? Sorry, you are not smart enought to carry a gun.

ok sorry for not being clear enough.  When I said Skin color I was including race. I could describe style of clothing but no details. Wasn't really thinking about that at the time. What could the police have done.

I've gotten convictions off of alot less. Many here really under estimate the police. People don't call us then bitch that we're not doing our jobs. Report fucking crimes and stop playing Ms. fucking Cleo!

And to be brutaly honest with you it sounds like you are a walking cluster fuck that was waiting to happen. You forget your piece, diddyboped into a potential ambush spot, let someone get with in arms reach of you, then DON"T report an armed robbery to the police! I mean damn brother I sure ass hell hope you atleast learned from this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Would it have been worth killing the criminal even if you had your CCW?  I mean killing someone in that circumstance would likely lead to criminal man slaughter charges and a civil wrongful death suit.  Each of which, even if you win, could cost you tens of thousands of $$$.  As it is you only lost $45.  I'm not saying the law is right, but it is what it is.  

I think taking a human life is a pretty big deal, and it is not something I would do unless I thought my life or that of a loved one was in immediate danger.

I don't know what state YOU live in, but here in FL that's a good shoot and the LAW states that you cannot be sued either criminally or civilly by the perp or his survivors.

Gotta love Jeb Bush!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
out of

hehe....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've gotten convictions off of alot less. Many here really under estimate the police. People don't call us then bitch that we're not doing our jobs. Report fucking crimes and stop playing Ms. fucking Cleo! honest

Your right I made many mistakes tonight and will add not calling the police to the list.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top