Posted: 1/5/2006 7:57:48 AM EDT
Who allows this?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#1]
dont have pets, so no

IBTP
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as they don't hog the bed too much. or fart.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]

My male cat gets to sleep on the bed.  Always has.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The cats always slept on the bed.  Dog at the foot of the bed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
No
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The cat can, but rarely.

The dog takes up too much room, and may pee on the bead
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#8]
She has her place on the bed, until she snore too loud.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Against my wishes, my wife allowed our dog to sleep in our bed (between us ) and it's lead to a couple of problems.

I'd either advocate having the dog - no matter how small - sleep on the floor or at VERY least, at the foot of the bed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#10]
hubby occasionally tries to explain to one of our cats she shouldnt be sleeping on the bed

it doesnt work very well  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#11]
We have a king-sized bed.
There is myself, my wife, the cat, and 2 dogs that sleep there.
When it comes time for foolin' around, you kinda have to herd all the animals out of the bedroom and close the door.
No point gettin' licked somewhere you don't really want to be licked (except by the wife).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
2 pugs, they make great foot-warmers
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hubby occasionally tries to explain to one of our cats she shouldnt be sleeping on the bed

That's easy... just make a sudden, loud noise and the cat will be in another room before the noise stops.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes they sleep on the bed-they are more than likely there right now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

You're kidding right?

This is why people get too attached to their pets and start saying silly things like : "I trust my pet more than I trust humans"

The pussification of America must be complete.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

You're kidding right?

This is why people get too attached to their pets and start saying silly things like : "I trust my pet more than I trust humans"

wow, you've got it all figured out

how does one get to be so brilliant?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

You're kidding right?

Kidding that the cat sleeps on the bed?  No, he does.

How is that pussification (other than the fact that it's a cat which would make for a funny joke about pussy but I imagine you're not joking)?

And how is being distrustful of humans being pussified, regardless of whether or not a cat sleeping on the bed has any bearing on trusting animals more than humans (it doesn't)?

AND, note that neither DK-Prof not I are Americans so even though this doesn't represent pussification in any way it also doesn't really reflect on America that much either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Had a couple cats that I used to but kicked them out because their claws were ruining the comforter.  Then allowed them but kicked them out again because they would move at night and sleep right in my face.  Allowed them one other time but kicked them out again due to them fighting and one using it's claws to scramble over me to escape from the other as the were fighting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's easy... just make a sudden, loud noise and the cat will be in another room before the noise stops.

nope, shes back within 5 minutes, max

if we shut her out of the room, she scratches and cries

shes a PITA  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#20]
dogs are better, cats suck
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Dog #1 check

Dog #2 check

Cat #2 check

3 y/o son check

wife check

Cat #1 nope sleeps by himself on the dining table chairs.

Thank God for the King sized bed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

LOL

I've had to be nice to my gf's cats for quite some time now.  

My dogs love to ummm "play" with them
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
My Rotty sleeps on her couch by the front door.  It wasn't intended to be her couch but she likes it and seems to have claimed it as her own.  She is 160 lbs so Im NOT gonna argue with her.  The boston terrier sleeps with me and farts up a storm.  Her gas seems to be about 1 degree below bio-hazard ranking.  The Min- Pin sleeps in her cage until my fiance' gets home from work in the morning at which she brings the dog to bed with her.  We have a King Sized bed so room isn't really an issue.   I look at the where each dog sleeps as an early warning system.  To get into my house from ground level you're going to encounter the Rotty.  If youre savy enuff to get past her without waking me (good luck) then the Min Pins shrill bark will wake me as you pass her on the way upstairs.  If you can get past her then you have to deal with the gas room thanks to the boston.  If you can make it that far without getting bit or vomiting and still not get met by a .45 then I deserve to die and you deserve all my stuff  .    
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#24]
When I am home, nope, the dogs sleep in their kennel. when I am not home, she lets them sleep with her.
Since the dogs have bad gas, I figure the wife makes her own punishment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

amen! i didn't think there was anything better than a dog snuggling up to you in bed until i had my nephews and nieces. there's just something incredibly honest and comforting there...
where do i turn in my man card?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Dog, yes.

I have a client with three cats and she lets them climb on her kitchen counters.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#27]
two cats on the bed with wife and I.
Great Dane at the foot of the bed on his own "little" bed.

brian
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep 2 cats in the bed
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#29]
four dogs , me and my wife . Two labs two mins one pin one dacshound (sp)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

AND, note that neither DK-Prof not I are Americans so even though this doesn't represent pussification in any way it also doesn't really reflect on America that much either.

Oh okay...now I understand.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh okay...now I understand.

I don't think you do.

How does a pet sleeping in bed indicate pussification?  Look at the poll results.  It's not just well educated marketable professionals from foreign nations eligible for immigration benefits based on their credentials.  It's the majority of ARFCOM (that has voted).  I'm sure everyone is just waiting breathlessly for your brilliant explanation as to how a pet sleeping in bed equates to pussification.

Come on, genius...let's hear it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#32]
My dog is the queen of the bed, she sleeps wherever she wants.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#33]
You bet I do
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

How does a pet sleeping in bed indicate pussification?  Look at the poll results.  It's not just well educated marketable professionals from foreign nations eligible for immigration benefits based on their credentials.  It's the majority of ARFCOM.  I'm sure everyone is just waiting breathlessly for your brilliant explanation as to how a pet sleeping in bed equates to pussification.

In of  itself it does not.  But if  a person starts giving their pets human traits then there is a problem.

And if that person thinks their pet is worth the value of even one decent human life then there is a serious problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#35]

I allow my dog to sleep on top of the covers, but I don't know why.  Every time I do, she headbutts me until I wake up 2-3 times a night to take her outside and have a look around.  I guess she is looking around for opossums to chase or something.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does a pet sleeping in bed indicate pussification?  Look at the poll results.  It's not just well educated marketable professionals from foreign nations eligible for immigration benefits based on their credentials.  It's the majority of ARFCOM.  I'm sure everyone is just waiting breathlessly for your brilliant explanation as to how a pet sleeping in bed equates to pussification.

In of  itself it does not.  But if  a person starts giving their pets human traits then there is a problem.

And if that person thinks their pet is worth the value of even one decent human life then there is a serious problem.

OK, I must have missed the post where anyone indicated that, including me.

And even if anyone did indicate that, how is that "pussified"?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

You're kidding right?

Good God!

You just erased all doubt on the "dumbing down" of the American.

That's one of the most dumb-assed post's I've seen in a long while.

And by the way, I DO trust my dog more than I would trust most humans.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#38]
If you value your pet's life over a decent humans then there is a problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#39]
2 German Sheppards.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Sort of veering away from the "pet sleeping in bed = pussification" thesis, eh?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#42]
My girl Bourbon sleeps with us, under the covers (she's part Dachshound). She accepts being pushed to the far corner of the king bed when we want her away (and stays put) and snuggles one of us for heat when we allow it.

No problems here.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i would think that'd make you harder rather than pussier. what about "gentrified" over "pussified"? country folk never had time to play with animals, they were for working not companionship. we've given our pets an almost human status because we have a shitload more free time, have a lot more spending capital, and are much more isolated than country folk ever were.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because there was a time in this country when men knew that animals were for work and to be domesticated.  Not at all on the same plane as humans.

Now it appears that some men have moved away from this and now mainly use pets as companionship in place of human (female) interaction.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#45]
The cat owns the whole house anyway, comes and goes as he pleases, and thinks we exist solely as food, water and cuddle dispensers at his convenience.  So yeah, when the cat feels like it, he sleeps on our bed.  He also likes to bother us when we are making love.  He pops his little cat head up over us like "What are you guys doing?  Can I join in?"  It's pretty disconcerting.  He's a good cat, though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey HalfDick -Ill tell you straight away my animals mean  more to me than a person such as yourself  ever would.

Go somewhere else .

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#47]
When I was a kid, my dog always slept with me. The cat we have sometimes hops up on the end of the bed, but has taken to sleeping mostly on the hot air registers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.

Really.......you don't have to apoligize.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because there was a time in this country when men knew that animals were for work and to be domesticated.  Not at all on the same plane as humans.

Now it appears that some men have moved away from this and now mainly use pets as companionship in place of human (female) interaction.

That's a new one on me; I've never heard that before.  But if you say so.

My wife sleeps in bed FWIW.
And, incidentally, DK-Prof is married too AFAIK.

ETA: I'm becoming curious about this...do you have a (female human) significant other?

Additional Edit:  To be fair, my cat slept in bed back when I lived alone too.  The "female interaction" didn't really change it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

You're kidding right?

Question:  Are you a psycho?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top