Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The...........was Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
John_Wayne777 got two of mine, but he left out

"basically"

So basically he got almost all of yours?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#3]
"THAT'S OLD SCHOOL"  

= old fashioned

when a guy says the above, you know he's "hep" as all get out.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At the end of the day, the only real way we can compile a list of all the words that we should ban is if we hunker down and form a synergistic alliance with the community of lerners that we have on this website. Then, maybe we can finally give an up-or-down vote on what words should and shouldn't be on the banned list.

I have several persons of intrest that would be good candidates for this project. I need to go over some talking points with them, but once that's finished they should be on board.

Yo dawg, let's go git-r done!

A perfect storm of cliches.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"traction". This is the current buzzword in my company, used by high level manager's when speaking about a new project. As in, "In order for the new project to get traction, it will require alot of support from the field".  At a recent meeting I was caught laughing by my RVP. When she approached me later she asked me what was so funny, I told her that I had a bet with another person attending the meeting, I bet $20 that the word "traction" would be used more than 5 times. I won. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.......

and my addition:

"take care"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HIVEMIND

so ghey

+1 on hivemind and +2 on ghey !
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
LIKE...

It seems that when younger people talk nowdays it's.....

She's like.....
He's like....
I was like....
and they were like.......
and we're like.....
"He said stop it and I was like, NO. Then he was like OK, and everyone else was like  shut up.

I dont know why but it annoys the shit out of me, I just wanna slap some vocabulary into them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
LIKE...

It seems that when younger people talk nowdays it's.....

She's like.....
He's like....
I was like....
and they were like.......
and we're like.....
"He said stop it and I was like, NO. Then he was like OK, and everyone else was like  shut up.

I dont know why but it annoys the shit out of me, I just wanna slap some vocabulary into them.

Together with "... YOU KNOW ....." and starting every sentence with the word " BASICALLY" or "ACTUALLY" ....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on "actually"

"unique"

and adding "or not" to every sentence.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
"shottie"   i hate that word
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top