I was watching Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing the other day when it dawned on me…it’s a perfect remake of Clint Eastwood’s A Fistful of Dollars! Anyone else notice this? Remake or coincidence?
1. Drifter rolls into town in middle of nowhere.
2. He’s good with a gun (or two).
3. He plays the rival gangs against each other for profit.
4. He falls for one of the gang leader’s women and then helps her out of town.
5. One of the gangs burns the other gang out of a house.
6. He befriends the town whipping boy…(who eventually comes to his aid…then gets the crap beat out of him).
7. He gets the living "ass crap" beat out of him before taking revenge.
I’m sure there are more common themes, but I’m drawing a blank. Can you think of any others? I like both of the movies, but for you, which is the better flick?
(yes.. i know there is a grammar error in the poll title)
Yeah, it's a remake of "Fist Full of Dollars" which was a remake of "Yojimbo"
I think Kurosawa got writing credit for all 3 films.