Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:37:59 AM EDT

Artist binds feet in desert, loses key
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/01/04/artist_chains_feet_in_desert_loses_key?mode=PF

January 4, 2006

BAKER, Calif. --An artist who chained his legs together to draw a picture of the image hopped 12 hours through the desert after realizing he lost the key and couldn't unlock the restraints, authorities said Wednesday.

Trevor Corneliusien, 26, tightly wrapped and locked a long, thick chain around his bare ankles Tuesday while camping in an abandoned mine shaft about five miles north of Baker, San Bernardino County sheriff's Deputy Ryan Ford said.

"It took him over 12 hours because he had to hop through boulders and sand," Ford said. "He did put on his shoes before hopping."

The artist, who is from the area, often sketched images inside mines in the Southwest. He had finished his drawing Tuesday when he realized he didn't have the key.

Corneliusien finally made it to a gas station and called the sheriff's department, which sent paramedics and deputies with bolt cutters. His legs were bruised but he was otherwise in good health, Ford said.

The artist did not have a listed phone number and could not be reached for comment.

And the drawing?

"He brought it down with him," Ford said. "It was a pretty good depiction of how a chain would look wrapped around your legs."

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Oh boy, what the hell can ya say to THAT? MOST artsy fartsy types are fucking mental, so this should not surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont need a mineshaft to create. What freak. Glad it was not august. And I am shure there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]

He had finished his drawing Tuesday when he realized he didn't have the key was retarded.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
They should have left him in chains, put him up on a block of marble in a museum....labeled...you guess it:

"ART"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It's really too bad he didn't die.

Would make a great darwin award with the "man dies for his art" title.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

...Ford said. "It was a pretty good depiction of how a chain would look wrapped around your legs."

That's the funniest part, in my opinion.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#10]
DARWIN was right!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Dumbass.

Max
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like maybe someone's 'Gimp' got lose......
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Think a little smoking went on in that mine?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Think a little smoking went on in that mine?

Wow what a bummer man!!!

I lost my friggin key man!!!

It was here just a minute ago man!!!

Oh wow, this is really go'in to screw up the rest of the weekend man........
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Ford said. "It was a pretty good depiction of how a chain would look wrapped around your legs."

That's the funniest part, in my opinion.  

That is just too damn funny!  You can't make that shit up!  

What an uber-dumbass!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top