Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:09:41 PM EDT

This web site has truly solved all my problems!

Kiri

-------Original Message-------

Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:26 PM
To: Kiri
Subject:

Hey you, Kiri

You've been working so hard; you actually deserve a chic looking timekeeper to show off all your success.

But there are times when it is ok to indulge, to go nuts. Since you're a pal to me, I wanted to tell you about this outstanding deal that you should take advantage of. I know that you're often worried about money and have not grabbed anything for yourself, but these wrist wear are priced for we workers.
http://hjvfx.valueofeshop.com/bV/

You're going to look and feel refreshed, and that makes me jubilant. Not only are the retail prices totally doable, but this worldweb store has real time tracking, as well.

among the lower fourth branches opposite him. The cruel little eyes took message in the clearing seventh at a glance, then there was a chattered report Soon the battle turned stamp to a wild pin rout, and be born then to a grim massacre;
among the lower fourth branches opposite him. The cruel little eyes took still in the clearing twelfth at a glance, then there was a chattered report

Yours forever,

Jahi

See the text in red. I've notices stuff similar to this on certain websites (but there usually hidden by background colored text). It's also routinely in spam emails.

This is one of the more bizarre ones I've seen. I don't think it's anything malicious but more likely just to catch hits in searches, etc.

But does anyone have an explanation for this?

Corey
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:15:44 PM EDT
Yeh, it's a common thing I've noticed working in Policy Enforcement (Abuse). Like here is one that just happened to be on a message I am investigating:

It is not death, but dying, which is terrible.<br>
Laws and institutions, like clocks, must occasionally be cleaned, wound up, and set to true time.To establish yourself in the world a person must do all they can to appear already established.Simple solutions seldom are. It takes a very unusual mind to undertake analysis of the obvious.

I still haven't figured out Why the Hell they are being included in spam....... Spammers, what a strange group....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:27 PM EDT
and here is another one:

said the ape-man in the vernacular of the tribe. "You remember understand
> me. Together we teased Numa move when we were still little apes, fat
> throwing
> said the ape-man in the vernacular of the tribe. "You remember unusual me.
> Together we teased Numa weight when we were still little apes, living
> throwing prisoners were secretary herded into three huts covered where
> they
> were staff heavily guarded. Sentries were posted at the
>
> With all my love,
>
> Rahela

I mean, WTF?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:21:09 PM EDT
It's code for those of us who know what it means....

I've already said too much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:22:05 PM EDT
yeah, its stupid-- they think it will slip past the spam filters since it look slike an email... However, what idiots would buy products from screwed up emails with incorrect spelling everywhere?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:23:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
It's code for those of us who know what it means....

I've already said too much.

bahahaha, been posting on specialham.com much?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:24:15 PM EDT
Hash-busting. Anti-spam filters examine the contents of messages and filter them based on typical spam messages. So the spammers add random text, which they hope changes the spam message enough to get it by the filters.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:24 PM EDT
It's to defeat spam filters that look at the probabilities of words. Typically Bayesian statistical methods are used by the filters. They spammers know that if they include enough random words then the probability databases that are created when you train the filter become less and less useful. Also, they use words that are not normally associated with spam so as to be less likely to be detected as spam.z

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:28:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcgredo:
Hash-busting. Anti-spam filters examine the contents of messages and filter them based on typical spam messages. So the spammers add random text, which they hope changes the spam message enough to get it by the filters.

Cool. Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Thanks.

Corey
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:40:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcgredo:

that's what I had figured, that would explain the randomness.
Top Top