Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 5:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 5:45:39 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]
So my son & I are watching a hunting show on the "Mens" channel today & this commercial comes on for guillotine broadheads. Holly Hannah! they have a 4 inch cutting surface, & they are shooting at turkey's heads & the are freaking flying off & doing cartwheels in mid air. It was one of the strangest sights I have ever seen when it comes to hunting.

www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=T22HVDBZXQCBHTQSNOISCOWOCJVZIIWE?id=0025776490189a&navCount=0&cmCat=srchdx&cm_ven=srchdx&cm_ite=srchdx&CM_REF=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.aol.com%2Faolcom%2Fsearch%3FinvocationType%3DTBAB­20%26query%3Dguillotine%2520broadheads%26&_requestid=79000

Anyone else see this or have a link to the commerical?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:56:10 PM EDT
I saw it on the Men's Channel a while back. One of the wickediest broadheads I have ever seen. I was really suprised that they are allowed to show it as it shows about 12-15 total decapitations.
It is an awsome bradhead, thats for sure.
TS
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
You are supposed to use special arrows with huge helical feathers to stabilize them. I heard that they suck anyway, they break easy or something.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:03:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:04:17 PM EDT
I did not notice the feathers being any larger than normal fletches, yes I am sure they would break easily
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:11:32 PM EDT
The commercial I saw was wilder than the promo tape as they had about 6 heads doing cartwheels off the neck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:20 PM EDT
I've been using Savora 4 blade broadheads for as long as I've been bowhunting. Never seen a reason to change. Never had a deer run more than 25-30 yds when stuck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:16:21 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]

Originally Posted By 50cal:
I've been using Savora 4 blade broadheads for as long as I've been bowhunting. Never seen a reason to change. Never had a deer run more than 25-30 yds when stuck.

I believe these are stricly for turkey hunting, not deer. I don't think you could get those blades past hair, hide or bone very effectivly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
yup the sole purpose of the blades is for lopping Turkey heads off they are not for shooting deer
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:18:34 AM EDT
Anyway the commercial was slightly disturbing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:20:01 AM EDT
I love it then the text equals the url. Then I can scroll WAY tothe fucking rightto see what the hell was typed.

You fucking suck at the Intaweb dude.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:24:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:
I love it then the text equals the url. Then I can scroll WAY tothe fucking rightto see what the hell was typed.

All that repressed anger! Don't hold back now!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:34:49 AM EDT
What's the men's channel?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:59:41 AM EDT

I love it then the text equals the url. Then I can scroll WAY to the fucking right to see what the hell was typed.

Now you see why Arfcom is set up the way it is... an unbroken string only affects the one post here, as opposed to the entire thread. At most sites, all a troll has to do is to make one 'wide post' (do a seach... page widening) to wreck the entire thread, rendering the entire thing unreadable. Another variation would be long pages, but why give people ideas.

Not to hijack, though; I'm sure it wasn't done here on purpose. That link could easily be shortened by creating a text link as described in the board code area.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:02:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FITTER:

I love it then the text equals the url. Then I can scroll WAY to the fucking right to see what the hell was typed.

Now you see why Arfcom is set up the way it is... an unbroken string only affects the one post here, as opposed to the entire thread. At most sites, all a troll has to do is to make one 'wide post' (do a seach... page widening) to wreck the entire thread, rendering the entire thing unreadable. Another variation would be long pages, but why give people ideas.

Not to hijack, though; I'm sure it wasn't done here on purpose. That link could easily be shortened by creating a text link as described in the board code area.

I was on a forum that allowed pictures in sig's, and didnt set a picture size.
Boy, alot of people flamed me with my 1600x1200 sig picture that fucked up the forum formatting.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:02:37 AM EDT
You mean there is a Men's Channel?

What's next a Womens Channel?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:37:58 AM EDT

I was on a forum that allowed pictures in sig's, and didnt set a picture size.
Boy, alot of people flamed me with my 1600x1200 sig picture that fucked up the forum formatting.

LOL... I belong to another board that's the same way, and they make no effort to restrict the sizes of signature images. I simply went into my preferences and turned off the 'view signature' option. It was so bad that I was avoiding the board for a while.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:03:14 PM EDT

All I did was copy the url from the address bar & post it. You act like I commited a sin.

I would call you a URL Nazi. if I knew for sure there was such a thing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:04:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigDozer66:
You mean there is a Men's Channel?

What's next a Womens Channel?

BigDozer66

I thought they already had one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:07:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:22:53 PM EDT
Looks like they are using farm turkeys. The commercial I saw looked like they were hunting wild turkeys, as they all had the dark natural colors.
Top Top