Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WHAT NO PICS!!!

Did someone say PICS? PICS? PICS?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, that is a fair explanation, but why did he pull them over in the first place?  Driving erratically? Then you find two officers in the car?  That doesn't piss you off?, as an officer?

- I dont know he stopped them. Maybe he saw the car leave the bar and noticed it corss teh center line once and lit them up at that point; who knows.

And yes as an officer I do get pissed when I hear of officers driving after drinking.  However, they get the same treatment I give everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless they were in uniform or had a huge freakin banner that read "Largo cops gettin freaky here!" I don't see how this could have been an image problem for the department.  Sound like someone higher up had a problem with her and wanted her gone, and used this as a lame excuse
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sure, it is.

Yeah.

Supervisors and subordinates just 'hanging out' together is no big deal, at all.

How could public confidence be shaken when they see how well these folks all get along together?

Eric The(Yeah,Yeah)Hun

I would feel better with them being cops than the retards who bow to every political shit bomb that comes their way that fired them.

It was a nice touch with the cop letting them go even though she was driving drunk, likely didn't even breathalyze her either.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy shit, cops are people?  Stop the presses.

I think the firing was BS. I'm just arguing about the stop.

My comment was not directed at you.  That whole thing was handled improperly and shows poor judgement on everyones part.  Suffice it to say what needs to happen likely wont happen here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like an admin with an axe to grind for one officer and looking for anything they can nail that officer to the wall for.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds like an admin with an axe to grind for one officer and looking for anything they can nail that officer to the wall for.

Sounds like an officer who handed someone else a hammer to get herself nailed to the wall.

Of course, I suppose that in some departments trading body fluids with a supervisor or subordinate is no big deal.

Eric The(Really)Hun
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like an officer who handed someone else a hammer to get herself nailed to the wall.

Of course, I suppose that in some departments trading body fluids with a supervisor or subordinate is no big deal.

Eric The(Really)Hun

I wonder if you'd be so self righteous about this if they weren't cops.  You drink, you've admitted it many times, have you ever driven home legally drunk?  You wouldn't get dis-barred with a DWI conviction, yet in Texas a cop loses his TCLEOSE license with a DWI conviction-besides that, if you're like most lawyers I know somewhere along the way you've got some hook up to keep your case from ever going to court.
Cops give DUI's breaks every day, non police have no idea what a pain in the ass a DWI arrest is, and patrol offcers are too busy running from call to call to hassle with a borderline drunk, besides if you work the inner city you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a DWI.
As far as the bar conduct, just because this women's a sgt doesn't mean she's a direct supervisor of this other officer.
This was a political firing, perhaps some discipline was necessary simply because they were stupid enough to let their hair down in public, but to terminate the employment of a 23 year officer who rose to the level of sergeant is absurd for this kind of conduct.  Hopefully her department has a civil service appeal process, and she'll get the termination overturned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Tagged for pics!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]

They all should be fired for being sexual deviants.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
<huh huh huh>he said "internal probe" <huh huh huh>
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If they were off duty and out of uniform, I don't see how it has any bearing on their job. If I go out and bang a hooker over the weekend, does that mean my job at the accounting firm is going to get rid of me?

actually as a peace officer you can be fired for what you do off duty, there is a morals clause in many contracts.

Part of the explanation is that you always have your authority over others even "off duty"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Same with the military.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like an episode of RENO 911, right down to the cops driving around under the influence of alcohol and getting a free pass when pulled over. How many people get the option of being allowed to just not drive anymore or switch drivers like stated in the article ?  

Largo police Officer Albin Soto ended up pulling their car over on suspicion that Wojociechowski was driving under the influence. Soto let them go, with Short replacing Wojociechowski at the wheel, detectives said. Carroll said he was satisfied that Soto was sufficiently diligent in his investigation.

"Professional courtesy"

this needs linked to another thread...

If he was DUI he should have been arrested. I have stopped people who have been drinking but not DUI (in my opinion) and the driver/passenger swap spots.

But she admitted earlier:

Short told investigators she arrived at the bar with two other Largo officers about 10 p.m. She said she had three beers, several glasses of water and a shot of Jagermeister.

Unless she was a fatso, she was over the (0.08) limit (4 drinks in 4 hours)

BAC Calculator

3 beers @ 12% + 1 Jagermeister @ 70 proof - (ETA: over 4 hours from 10PM to the 2AM stop)

Weights

assuming 120 pounds, BAC = 0.1063
assuming 130 pounds, BAC = 0.0929
assuming 140 pounds, BAC = 0.0814

This is the sort of thing that drives folks nuts (seeing preferential treatment due to "professional courtesy". Enforce the laws equally, or not at all.

Where do you get 12% for a beer?  Most American beer is 4-6%, with good Belgian beers (Chimay, Duvel) running around 9%.  Big difference
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was hot.  To bad there isn't any vid of this to post on the net.

PS:
Are they hot?

I've NEVER, EVER seen a hot lesbian cop.

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Worthless without pictures and/or video.

deKyle? Isn't that an anagram for le dyke?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been to the Green Iguana, have the shirt.

That's a bullshit firing.

Oh please this was is completely justified.

Letting a subordinate lick whipped cream off your chest is not acceptable… PERIOD.

ETA: Substitute a male officer having a subordinate female do a similar thing then imagine that reaction. Unacceptable either way.

Bill Clinton even said so.

Any sexual contact between subordinate and superior is defacto sexual harassment. its Federal law, passed by Clinton pre-Monica.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been to the Green Iguana, have the shirt.

That's a bullshit firing.

Yup. Department politics.  

Sounds like it. Wait for the follow up lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like an episode of RENO 911, right down to the cops driving around under the influence of alcohol and getting a free pass when pulled over. How many people get the option of being allowed to just not drive anymore or switch drivers like stated in the article ?  

Largo police Officer Albin Soto ended up pulling their car over on suspicion that Wojociechowski was driving under the influence. Soto let them go, with Short replacing Wojociechowski at the wheel, detectives said. Carroll said he was satisfied that Soto was sufficiently diligent in his investigation.

"Professional courtesy"

If he was DUI he should have been arrested. I have stopped people who have been drinking but not DUI (in my opinion) and the driver/passenger swap spots.

Short told investigators she arrived at the bar with two other Largo officers about 10 p.m. She said she had three beers, several glasses of water and a shot of Jagermeister.

BAC Calculator

3 beers @ 12% + 1 Jagermeister @ 70 proof - (ETA: over 4 hours from 10PM to the 2AM stop)

Weights

This is the sort of thing that drives folks nuts (seeing preferential treatment due to "professional courtesy". Enforce the laws equally, or not at all.

Recheck those numbers.
Beer is at MOST 5% alcohol.

That calculator online is not accurate. For example it calculated a negative BAC when I tried it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]
What's the big deal here? I thought Florida was lesbo central.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Professional courtesy"

BAC Calculator

Weights

Where do you get 12% for a beer?  Most American beer is 4-6%, with good Belgian beers (Chimay, Duvel) running around 9%.  Big difference

should read oz. not %

12 oz. plug the numbers in to that site with 3-12 oz beers @ 5% + the Jagermeister shot @ 70 proof + 4 hours + the three different weights - that's what the posted BAC's came from.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Professional courtesy"

BAC Calculator

Weights

Recheck those numbers.
Beer is at MOST 5% alcohol.

That calculator online is not accurate. For example it calculated a negative BAC when I tried it.

Lots of online BAC calculators, find another one you do like & post the results with 4 drinks over 4 hours for a 120 # woman.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was hot.  To bad there isn't any vid of this to post on the net.

PS:
Are they hot?

I've NEVER, EVER seen a hot lesbian cop.

Bama you sir must come to MN... Now the have very Hot  female Cops...  Of all preferences...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#24]
What everyone has missed here is if it was two male officers they would not have been fired for fear of upsetting the "gay" community. Since the fired female was with her boyfriend she is a at the least bisexual not "gay" . The PC crowd will bendover (PUN INTENDED) for the "gay" community due to fears of a lawsuit for discrimination.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm glad all the crime down there seems to be solved if there is time to lick whipped cream off each other...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know what beer you are talking about in the post with the BAC calc. Even the strongest ales that I brew top out at 11% most commerical beers are around 5% with a few of the ice beers running at about 6%. Thus the bac levels you have listed are off by 50%
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I don't know what beer you are talking about in the post with the BAC calc. Even the strongest ales that I brew top out at 11% most commerical beers are around 5% with a few of the ice beers running at about 6%. Thus the bac levels you have listed are off by 50%

Originally Posted By Merrell
should read oz. not %
12 oz. plug the numbers in to that site with 3-12 oz beers @ 5% + the Jagermeister shot @ 70 proof + 4 hours + the three different weights - that's what the posted BAC's came from.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHAT NO PICS!!!

Did someone say PICS? PICS? PICS?

The second one was cute....  I wouldn't care if she was a cop.... As long as she wasn't into the gun thing... lol lol lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Merrell
should read oz. not %

Thank you for the clarification
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Lemme get this straight:

SHE has 3 write ups over 23 years, finalized by a few beers and being silly with whipped cream, off duty, among friends.  She is fired.

HE, being the boyfriend, is also a cop.  He drives drunk, and is allowed to be a passenger in anything other than the back of a squad car, and can return to work.

What kind of fucked of police policies is that?  OK for a cop to drive drunk, but whipped cream in a public place off duty is grounds for dismissal with 3 write ups over 23 frigging years

I, as a citizen, not feel much safer that cops can drive drunk, as long as they do not cut loose and enjoy themselves

BTW:  This is not directed at anyone here.  Every cop I have spoken with here on this board abhors drunks and driving drunk, and would have locked his ass up and had HIM fired.  I respect the officers here I have spoken with, but that town seems to be like an accident waiting to happen.

Completely agree with you!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#31]
did they say PROBE!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'm glad all the crime down there seems to be solved if there is time to lick whipped cream off each other...

They were off duty.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were off duty.

Ya, Who said they have to take thier job home every night. Cops are People to... They can have some time off.... Damn.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#34]
With the Carolina Panthers cheerleaders at Channelside, and now this, I gotta say, I love this town!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Take yer whipped cream and get back in the kitchen,   Bitch!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Hot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep, definately time to rub one out now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Irresponsible, yeah sure. Worth firing her over for celebrating a friend's birthday with some whipped cream, not at all. Last I knew, that wasn't illegal. So, if she was abiding by the law while off duty, where does the department get off firing her?

Most departments have some sort of "conduct that brings discredit onto the dept." policy.  It's a handy political tool that get's abused too often in many places.

JIA, How can she bring disrespect if she's out of uniform and on her own time doing nothing illegal?

Roy
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Holy shit, cops are people?  Stop the presses.

Appearantly, some are stupid people.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm sure this opinion was posted before me here in this thread but...

If the supervisor used the influence from her job to entice the other two to do what they did, then I see a connection to work and a justification for firing.

However, if it was a purely a private party, off-premise, and off-duty by all who fully consented, then I believe the firing was unfair. It was no business of the employer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
And in my town, no less.  w00t!

St Pete Times

LARGO - A veteran police sergeant was fired Tuesday for letting a subordinate officer spray whipped cream on her neck and chest and lick it off at a birthday party, police officials said.

Sgt. Joan Short, 42, a 23-year veteran, jeopardized public confidence in the department during an Oct. 21 gathering at the Green Iguana bar in St. Petersburg, an internal investigation found.

The party was to mark the 30th birthday of Officer Melinda DeKyle, who received a 10-day suspension for her part in the incident.

Twice during the party, Short allowed DeKyle to lick the cream from just below her collarbone while two other Largo officers watched, investigators found. Also, at one point, the sergeant was photographed with another woman grabbing her breasts.

Short might have avoided being fired if not for her disciplinary record, said Deputy Chief John Carroll. Since 2004, she has been cited three times for disrespectful behavior, with one of the incidents resulting in a five-day suspension in December.

"The real shame is that she's an extremely talented officer," Carroll said.

Short and DeKyle could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

The internal probe began in early December after rumors about the incident reached Carroll, he said.

DeKyle then sprayed the chocolate-flavored whipped cream, which she had received in a gift basket, investigators said.

"I didn't know what to do when it was done to me," Short told police officials. "It was no big deal at the time. . . . It was her just being silly and intoxicated and I didn't want to make a scene."

Short's supervisors recommended to Chief Lester Aradi that she receive a five-day suspension and lose her rank as sergeant.

But Aradi decided on the more severe punishment.

"With all the sensitivity to supervisor-subordinate relations and the conduct of employees, the chief has been very clear about what his expectations are," Carroll said. "He felt that this situation warranted termination."

After the party, Short left the Green Iguana at 2 a.m. with boyfriend Robert Wojociechowski, a Pinellas County sheriff's deputy, she told investigators. Largo police Officer Albin Soto ended up pulling their car over on suspicion that Wojociechowski was driving under the influence.

Soto let them go, with Short replacing Wojociechowski at the wheel, detectives said. Carroll said he was satisfied that Soto was sufficiently diligent in his investigation.

"This guy makes those decisions every night on the street," he said.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said they were notified Tuesday of the alleged incident involving Wojociechowski and were reviewing it.

In this story, DeKyle's girlfriend gets in on the act...

Tampa Tribune

Officer Fired After Whipped-Cream Celebration
1/4/06 1:36:40 AM

LARGO - A police sergeant was fired Tuesday after she allowed a female police officer to lick whipped cream off her chest while they celebrated the officer’s birthday at a bar, according to internal affairs documents.

Joan Short, 42, who had been with the department for 23 years, was at Melinda DeKyle’s party at the Green Iguana on Bay Pines Boulevard on Oct. 21, the documents say. DeKyle, 30, was suspended for 10 days.

Both officers engaged in off-duty conduct that, among other things, “adversely affects the morale” of the police department, documents say. Other law enforcement officers were at the party, including Short’s boyfriend.

DeKyle received some chocolate whipped cream as a gift. While she and others were seated at a table, DeKyle sprayed it on Short’s chest and licked it off, the documents say. Later, DeKyle and DeKyle’s girlfriend both licked some off Short’s chest, the documents say.

Short’s discipline was more serious because she was a supervisor with a disciplinary history, including at least three instances where she yelled at subordinate officers or dispatchers, documents show.

They said internal probe.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#42]
My father always told me to never shit in your own nest.  I'm friendly with the people I work with when I'm at work, but off work I don't know them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top