Dick Durbin
Tim Johnson
Dan Inoyue
Jon Corzine
Jay Inslee

Among others............
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope Schumer, Finestein, Boxer and a few others did as well..........and there are some Republicans on the list too...........I dont know why anyone would tie themselves to someone like Abramoff
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Both parties got lots of money from this guy.

Course the media will just make it sound like he only gave to Republicans
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Even the DUmmies are saying it's ugly all the way around for everybody

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

where did you get that list?

this covers the who lot of reps and dems and might extend from the lowly office guy to the executive branch.

It really wouldn't suprise me if they were all in on this one in some way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but it was different when they took the money and went on junkets. I mean come on, it's not like they're Republicans!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Exactly.  CNN made it sound like the guy was in bed with the Republicans and had nothing to do with the Democrats.  Their coverage of this is very slanted, even more so than usual.z

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Ginny Browne Waite and Adam Putnam are on the list too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]

I love to see crooked politicians get their tit in a wringer!

I hope they ALL burn!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
If the left-wing media won't proactively point this out, you could always write letters to the editors of local newspapers.  That's what I do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hope they ALL burn!

unfortuately anymore that seems to be most of them
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope they ALL burn!

unfortuately anymore that seems to be most of them

Yeah, So?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
This just in water is wet,  fire is hot,  politicians are crooked ( yes all of them ).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...I dont know why anyone would tie themselves to someone like Abramoff

$ would be my guess.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
i hope he takes them ALL down with him!!! i saw on the news that folks are RETURNING the money like this makes everything okay and all i could do was laugh thinking how this would play in real life court...can you imagine tyrone jacking the local bodega and returning the loot makes everything go away??? the fucking hubris of these scumbags!!!

one thing i really like about communist china is that public corruption can be a capital offense. how about putting delay and barney frank up against the wall at the capitol...think that would make an impression on the others???
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This just in water is wet,  fire is hot,  politicians are crooked ( yes all of them ).

+1

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#17]
One man's "influence peddling" is another man's "lobbying."  

G
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I dont know why anyone would tie themselves to someone like Abramoff

$ would be my guess.

It's kind of inevatible when senate campaigns run into the eight digit range.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:08:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#20]
it's about 2:1...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where did you get that list?

I ask again.

ETA: thanks hardcorps1775
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's about 2:1...

Well plus he was a hardcore Republican and so was his buddy with the advertising agency or whatever it was so it's pretty easy to spin this as "crooked Republicans" even if there were plenty of Democrats on the gofling junkets to Bermuda or whatever.

and if it ain't abramoff, it's some other special interest group. let's face it, with a couple of exceptions, they're all bought and paid for.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I was listening to a report on NPR last night on the way home from work (hey, I can only take so much Slipknot lol).  The attorney general of whereever was on there, listing all of Abramoff's alleged "offenses".  Among them were:
1) had members insert Congressional Record statements
2) tried to pursuade members of Congress to vote for things beneficial to his clients
3) gave money to politicians

Um...that's *exactly* what every lobbyist in this town does on a daily basis.  I hope they got a better case than this against this guy.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#25]
The papers will probably mis-identify them as Republicans or not identify their party at all, "assuming" that everyone knows....It will just be another version of using the word "Conservative" to describe ANY Republican and then never using the term LIBERAL for a Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The papers will probably mis-identify them as Republicans or not identify their party at all, "assuming" that everyone knows....It will just be another version of using the word "Conservative" to describe ANY Republican and then never using the term LIBERAL for a Democrat.

I can't even believe that either side is pointing fingers. some of the reps are as nutty as the dems it appears.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't care what side of the aisle they come from, I hope this acts as a clensing of sorts to weed out disengenious politicians.

These people need to be in tune with the voices of the folks they represent and not the money of wealthy lobbyists.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
These people need to be in tune with the voices of the folks they represent and not the money of wealthy lobbyists.

I wouldn't  hold my breath
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't  hold my breath

if we continue to sit on our asses and do nothing, nothing will change. but the big thing is, what those scumbags cannot change, is that all the millions they get from special interests doesn't matter one goddam bit if they don't get the votes. THAT'S when they start listening to the people they represent.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

That's probably not too far off the mark. When it comes to greedy, stupid and arrogant...all parties in Washington are guilty as hell!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's probably not too far off the mark. When it comes to greedy, stupid and arrogant...all parties in Washington are guilty as hell!

No argument here.

The list came from DU
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No argument here.

The list came from DU

Thanks CRC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I was listening to a report on NPR last night on the way home from work (hey, I can only take so much Slipknot lol).  The attorney general of whereever was on there, listing all of Abramoff's alleged "offenses".  Among them were:
1) had members insert Congressional Record statements
2) tried to pursuade members of Congress to vote for things beneficial to his clients
3) gave money to politicians

Um...that's *exactly* what every lobbyist in this town does on a daily basis.  I hope they got a better case than this against this guy.  

Yeah, I'd like to know how they hope to tar the politicos. I don't know what Abramoff plead to, but you can bet that the politicos haven't made it illegal for them to accept contributions!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top