Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:37:12 PM EDT
They have a couple that are a little over $200.  Have any of you bought one?  Are they any good?  I wonder if a 10/22 (w/a 38 backing up that play) would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on your application.
An M144
a. Will not lose value (if you take care of it)
b. You may  use it as a military trainer. Iron "peep sights", heavy barrel. Its intended purpose.
c. My M44 (predecessor) with peep sights will give my heavy barrel 10/22 at 25 yards a run for its money. At 50 yards the 3-9 scope on the 10/22 is the determining factor
d. My M44 has a cool US PROPERTY stamp on its barrel.

Now the bad:
A magazine is not included.
You will want to buy another and another...

A 10/22 for pure plinking fun is hard to beat. An M144 has character. Blue steel (no aluminum) wood stock.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of the Mossberg M12 rifles and they are great for the money.  Since the CMP ran out of sights, their prices have gone UP.  If you got a source for $100 sights, let me know!!  Ebay has them but closer to $200 for the front and rear.  The two M12 rifles I got are in great shape.  

Magazines for the 144 are available still for $25 or so from Havlin.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top