Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 4:42:43 AM EDT
Are they any good?

I kind of like the idea of an awd "suv" based on a car platform.

Bring back the eagle station wagon.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Familiar?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I seriously considered one but went with the Xterra as the second car.   Check out the Xterra as well, very good value for the price in my opinon.

G
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't you want some real offroad capability, or just a fun, capable station wagon?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't you want some real offroad capability, or just a fun, capable station wagon?

I want an AWD car for 98% on road driving.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a car that has been lifted up... Buy a 4-Runner, the new ones are fast, handle great, and are actually trucks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the Murano and the other one that looks like it are schweeet looking rides.

I can't speculate on their capability but I like their looks. They also have some pretty strong engines in them IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
If I had one Id put on a hat, duck down in the seat so no one I know would see me, and drive it to the scrapyard where that ugly ass thing belongs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I had one Id put on a hat, duck down in the seat so no one I know would see me, and drive it to the scrapyard where that ugly ass thing belongs.

Yes but don't you drive a '78 Granada or something?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

95 Impala, but if you burn it to the ground for me I'll give you a case of soda
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with it now??
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with it now??

I dont like it and wish it would go away.  I left all the windows on sunroof open on newyears hoping for a stray burning peice of firework, didnt happen
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#13]
The Murano is ugly. Very ugly.

Kinda like the Chrysler Pacifica.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#14]
My parents have a Murano and love it.  Lots of room.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, no deal!

I was just curious what aesthetic standard you were comparing the Murano against...plus I thought you had a 70's era station wagon which has its own brand of kitsch appeal (especially with a wood-grain sticker on the side).
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, no deal!

I was just curious what aesthetic standard you were comparing the Murano against...plus I thought you had a 70's era station wagon which has its own brand of kitsch appeal (especially with a wood-grain sticker on the side).

Id like a 70s car since it can take and put out damage.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The Murano is ugly. Very ugly.

Kinda like the Chrysler Pacifica.

I like the look of both of those. Also like the look of the the 300, dodge magnum, charger.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't speculate on their capability but I like their looks. They also have some pretty strong engines in them IIRC.

Supposedly the same engine as the maxima. 245 hp

The transmission sounds a little suspicious though. It's some new kind of automatic they call "Continuously Variable Transmission" I'm not sure what it does.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want an AWD car for 98% on road driving.

Might want to look at the Subarus also.  All their vehicles are AWD and good cars.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Someone I work with just bought a new Murano it it's a pretty sweet ride.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top