Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 6:39:19 PM EDT
anyone?  good, bad waste of money?

i changed jobs so i have a some time in the eveing and can date again.  
at 36 i am looking for a good place to start.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Waste of time and money....

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
last time i was there it was about a year and a half ago and ALL the matches looked like they had all-grow tags in their ears...  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
wasn't there just a thread on this like 3 days ago?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
maybe.  i forget about the search feature
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't waste your time or money.  Try www.HotOrNot.com  It works.    It's free to try and see the results.  To email people all it costs is $5 a month and any girl even those that don't subscribe can email you.  Back in September I was talking to new girls every day!  Now my current girlfriend, who I met on Hot or Not won't let me talk to any other girls on the site.    But why would I want to when I can get pie at home anytime I want it.  

edit
I forgot to mention that I just turned 30, was 29 when I was meeting all the girls.  Not one of them had a problem with my age.  My current girlfriend is 22.  So don't feel limited by your age and who you can go after.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
It is my belief that hot and sane women have no trouble finding men so most of the women on those sites are desperate, whacked out hogs.

Basically, you would have a snowball's chance in hell of finding someone decent there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had most luck with Cupid.com. Im online cause well, working nights does put a hender on my social life, but I have found someone, and she is a good one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I understand this is the 21st century.. but meeting chicks online is just.. creepy sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I understand this is the 21st century.. but meeting chicks online is just.. creepy sometimes.

Same as meeting them at a bar or something.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Aren't they being sued for providing phoney dates?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I signed up, and finally began getting hits. Quite a few, I might add.

Thing is, I haven't decided whether I want to send them any money, which of course puts a crink in the effectiveness of it all. I keep saying I'm going to pay, then I just decide to wait another day.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hence why I don't go to the bar to meet chicks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hence why I don't go to the bar to meet chicks.

Online is fun. Can get a feel of them without having to take them on a date.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Online is fun. Can get a feel of them without having to take them on a date.

I met a chick online (we go to the same college, but never met before) back in the Spring.

We were chattin great, we seemed to have a good connection.. then I guess "that" time of the month hit, and one night we're chattin.. and she breaks down in tears crying about how she has no friends etc.

She then proceeded to say that she needs some "company", and she wanted me to come over to give her a backrub.

Now, mind you.. if we had met in person before, there would be a very, very good chance of that happening. However, I never met this chick before (I knew what she looked like..)... Not only that, when the question of condoms came up she said "I dont't want my man to use condoms, I use the the pill.... trust me."

Lets just say, I didn't go over, and I rarely talk to her anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I did it and had great success with it..............give it a try
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
well just finished their test.
no matches...   so i will look at other sites.

thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

thanks.

www.true.com

Some people I know talk about that one, say its better in some way then eharmony.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#21]
A buddy of mine just got separated/divorced about a year ago. He's now engaged to domeone he met on Eharmony, and going to get married in June.

He came by for me to meet her the other day. After talking to the two of them for about five minutes, even a moron could see that they don't really know each other AT ALL. I'm worried for him... and her.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

thanks.

Guess Dr Warren proved you are an even bigger weirdo than we thought!

Try Houstonconnect.com.  You can ewink the premium members and if they write you it allows you to write back w/o paying.  It's how I met Dr. Carrie!  If you want tons of ass try match.com and do a keyword search for school teachers...they're all freaks.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#23]
"I dont't want my man to use condoms, I use the the pill.... trust me."

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I met me wife through a personal add on Yahoo.

The key is to have maximum exposure to as many opportunities as possible to find the right person.  Package yourself, well groomed, nice cloths, nice clean pad.  Focus on your unique qualities.

I tried a several different ads to understand what tends to work.  Be totally honest and blunt about what you want even if you come off like a jerk.  Be fair, but do not take any crap from women.

My most belligerent ad, received tons of responses: “If you want to go out and have fun call.  Anyone into head games and bull*shit, do that on your own time.  Must be into roll playing and S&M.”

Everyone sees though that “nice” crap everyone puts in their ads.  Women want excitement more than they want “nice”, although they will never admit it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#25]
My buddy did it, he gets about 20 emails a day. mostly from chicks with kids. But he's had some great dates from it, good looking fun chicks. Just spent the weekend with one in fact.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

img276.imageshack.us/img276/7921/1cc2ce109eq.jpg

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
For those who wat to be cheap you can check out www.okcupid.com It is Totally free.

And no I have not personaly had any success with it but I havent really tryed as of yet either. Still got to set up a profile and all that BS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img276.imageshack.us/img276/7921/1cc2ce109eq.jpg

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

I went to school with the robot voice guy's daughter.  He was a neat show and tell in class.  Dick Tufeld, and I think he still does some voice-overs.

[/hijack off]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
wasn't there just a thread on this like 3 days ago?

Yep- every three days or so there's a new one....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I almost tried it, but I got tired of the endless questions that you have to answer to get a profile for them.  It's also $45 or $50 a month.  Honestly, at this point in my life I'd rather spend the money on ammo and the time with my dog.  

It just occured to how strange that one's going to sound!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#31]
well i blew about $500 or so with match maker international several years ago.  
That service my good people is a SCAM....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I used eharmony and had three first dates, but no second dates.  All the girls were fat and nasty.  None of which I would have touched with a 10 foot pole.  I'm not a picky person when it comes to how a girl looks, I just have a problem with her when she is 2-3 times bigger around than I am.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
For those who wat to be cheap you can check out www.okcupid.com It is Totally free.

And no I have not personaly had any success with it but I havent really tryed as of yet either. Still got to set up a profile and all that BS.

plentyoffish is free as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Good News!!!!

Your 40 point compatibility profile just came back with a perfect match !!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
anyone?  good, bad waste of money?

i changed jobs so i have a some time in the eveing and can date again.  
at 36 i am looking for a good place to start.

I choose match and get a steady 1-2 dates a week
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I used eharmony and had three first dates, but no second dates.  All the girls were fat and nasty.  None of which I would have touched with a 10 foot pole.  I'm not a picky person when it comes to how a girl looks, I just have a problem with her when she is 2-3 times bigger around than I am.  

Rule #6: Never sleep with anything you can't bench press.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:36:41 AM EDT
[#37]

no matches... so i will look at other sites.

I've seen two people pay the $49.95 for one month then had the site tell them it found no matches.  If they're not going to give you any matches they should charge less since they're not providing a service.  I could understand charging you something for the test and the try, but $50?z
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Try an online poker site,that's the way my soon to be ex met her boyfriend.Must have worked out because she moved to IL to be with him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

thanks.

Took about a week for me. After that, I've goten one a day. I've got ten (my unpaid max) pending.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Here is a way that works but can be time consuming....

First get on yahoo messenegr and make a decent profile with a picture. Then go to members.yahoo.com and click advanced search. The enter your town or state and whatever criteria you are looking for and check online matches only. Then you can see who is online from your area and see if any want to chat.

Met my fiance that way 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Good News!!!!

Your 40 point compatibility profile just came back with a perfect match !!!

img391.imageshack.us/img391/1109/picture0010vi.png

WTF?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#42]
It's a waste of money. You'll get tons of matches, but they are all from non-members who can't reply. The few matches you do get from paying members will live 500+ miles away. Two weeks after you get your membership, the matches will drop to zero, until two days before your membership expires, you will miraculously get another 50 matches...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#43]

I did the free personality profile and got this in response:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time"

Guess that means I'm too much of a weirdo for them....  or maybe I'm too normal...  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Cruising bars is the only way to go. Nowhere else will you find as many single people who are looking.

You do find a lot of rejects, but at least they can't hide it very well, standing right in front of you. Saves a lot of time and hassle. Isn't that what the online matching sites are supposed to do?
~~~
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I did the free personality profile and got this in response:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time"

Guess that means I'm too much of a weirdo for them....  or maybe I'm too normal...  

Your avatar creeps me out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#47]
One of my coworkers uses it, and she tells me she has met cool people on there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Woman I know has been dating a guy from there for about 18Months now. She's overweight, kind of snooty and not too pretty...if SHE could find a mate there....well...

Just kidding.

Well, I'm not, but I really don't feel like getting flamed by anyone who is self conscious about their weight, looks, or snootiness.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top