Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/2/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
I was looking to join and on their website they offer a $10 membership without their magazine. Has anyone joined this way? I'm not too interested in getting the magazine anyway.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
I used to use the mags as tools to emplace in doctors offices and such. Everytime I went to the auto shop or dentist. I would make sure to bring an American Rifleman with me to leave there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
I used to use the mags as tools to emplace in doctors offices and such. Everytime I went to the auto shop or dentist. I would make sure to bring an American Rifleman with me to leave there.

Nice work! I usually read it when I go to the barbershop, which is every couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:13:59 PM EDT
I choose to get the magazine with my membership as it is the only thing I get in the mail every month that isn't a bill.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
Are there any less benefits as far as membership if you don't get the mag?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 5:40:10 PM EDT by red65]

Originally Posted By rcoers:
Are there any less benefits as far as membership if you don't get the mag?

well, it's a pretty good magazine, as gun mags go.

I had no idea you couold join for $10 a year.

That's basically a free membership. Nobody has an excuse for not joining now.

Except of course the brilliant, clear thinking "kill the NRA" guys.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
I am a Life and Endowment Member.

We all should be Life Members.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:02:00 PM EDT
i went that route too, $10 for a year of $1000 of gun insurance is all i care about
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:31:16 AM EDT
I go the same route because the ranges here require NRA membership .

Personally I don't need the mags .
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:39:48 AM EDT
They sent me a video, unsolicited, then demanded that I pay money to return it.

Since then I dropped support for a group that uses scammy tactics like that. I agree that they have done many many positive things, and also bent over and spread the asscheeks over others.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:45:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By klutz347:
I choose to get the magazine with my membership as it is the only thing I get in the mail every month that isn't a bill.

+1 to that. Only love I get in the mail is my copy of American Rifleman. They've had a couple of pieces on ARs recently and the most recent magazine has a story on the Kahr .45s and another on Springfield's SOCOM II. Neither would qualify as hard boiled investigative journalism but they're plenty good for a pooper read.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:09:48 AM EDT
I am an NRA Recruiter. I can sell the 1 yr membership with magazine for $25.00. I can only do this by phone or mail in since they will not give me a hotlink into the online membership without a website dedicated to NRA recruiting.

I am certified Instructor and signed onto the recruiting and it is a pretty good program.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:20:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
I am a Life and Endowment Member.

We all should be Life Members.

+1

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:37:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:42:52 AM EDT
I used to subscribe to the magazines, and in fact have gotten all of them over the years. Today I am a member with the $10/year membership b/c none of the magazines really interested me.

Not only are the benefits the same, but I don't get nearly as many begging letters with the $10/year membership as I did with the regular memberships either.
Top Top