Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]

If you go to the 15 yard pistol range you can't take your rifle, even in the case.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
6) "I have no use for military looking guns"

Man, I hope he doesn't ban this "military looking" firearm.  It is so evil I get scared just looking at it!

Quoted:
I wish I could start a range that would ban deer rifles and Elmer Fudds.

Please don't punish the rifles!!!  It's not their fault!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
lol.. I'm glad I found a state park free range :D  I can do basically whatever I want as long as it's paper targets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot at High Rock a few times.  One time I was shooting a Mini-14 and asked the RO if it was OK to shoot rapid fire.  His response was, what's the sence of owning a gun like that if you're not going to shoot rapid fire, just keep it on your target and under control.

Another time there was a RO who thought he knew everything.  Then he started shooting his 1911 .45 and was only hitting the target about 50% of the time at about 25 feet.  Some of his shots went into the mud half way to the target.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i was shooting my 100%stock bushmaster rapidly and uniformily.  sounded almost mechanical.  RO comes over our conversation goes like this

"you cant shoot automatic weapons here"

"i know, this is a semi auto"

"well it sure sounds like its full auto"

"its not"

"well just put it in your truck, i wont say anything...(wink)"

i just wanted to bump fire the hell out of that thing, but im not so good at it.  i sure as hell didnt put it away, i shot the hell out of it and he never said anything the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
We are our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a guy tell me that those assault weapons were only good for killing people. I glanced around nervously, lowered my voice and said, "I know. That's why they're issued to the police, so they can go around and shoot the public for no reason". Blank face and then he then turned around and stalked off. Was it something I said?  

I figure if they say something stupid to me, at least I can respond in kind.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had a guy tell me that those assault weapons were only good for killing people. I glanced around nervously, lowered my voice and said, "I know. That's why they're issued to the police, so they can go around and shoot the public for no reason". Blank face and then he then turned around and stalked off. Was it something I said?  

I figure if they say something stupid to me, at least I can respond in kind.

Been there, done that. Verbatim.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I was shooting at a unique target that I made.  It was a human sillhouette with the occular triangle cut out.  It was my goal, to shoot through this cutout as fast as I could.  If I had any holes in the paper, then I was missing.

Well, after about 3 minutes of me drilling perfect shots through the cutout, the RO comes in, stops the firing and tells me that it is unsafe to shoot at my target, because lead could come back through the hole and hit me and kill me.  He told me I would have to put a new piece of paper over the triangular hole.

Everyone on the line is looking at me.  I say to the guy, "So let me get this straight... lead riccochets coming back with enough force to kill me are going to be stopped by a piece of paper?"  He just stood his ground and told me to use a new target.  

What a douchebag.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:20:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If he's so biased about certain guns, why is he working at a range?

no joke., why would anyone say those things from someone who is an employee at a range??

Jackasses and idiots come in every flavor.

Every gun show I've been to, I'll stop to look at an EBR and some guy carrying a bolt gun or shotgun will give me the evil eye and ask "whadda ya need wunna dem der things fur? Alls theys good fur is shootin' people!"

That's where ya give em the stink eye and say "yep."
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I hae had an RO out here in CA be a total moron too.

i had just finished breaking in my new m1a and the guys had been watching over my shoulder the whole time(i think he didnt like seeing a 18 year old with a NM m1a:p ) and it happened to jam(due to a headspacing issue on some reloads i wanted to polish off) and he went nuts, he basicly panics, forces the range to shut down and proceeds to tell me that it can be unjammed(bolt was stuck REALY well) so meanwhile while hes running around like chicken little, i set the rifle on the table, cocking arm down against the edge(barrel down range of course, range clear) have my friend hold it, and i kick the butt, out pops the round and the ROs jaw drops and he kicks me off the range for clearing a jam(he gave me a bullshit line about how they had to have their on-site gunsmith look at it... HAH!) :/   about 2 months later the range was shut down.  

it just recently reopened (after 4 years) and the same jackass is still there, now they dont allow even the CA legal ARs:/   sigh, im so glad im getting out of this state next month.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I hae had an RO out here in CA be a total moron too.

i had just finished breaking in my new m1a and the guys had been watching over my shoulder the whole time(i think he didnt like seeing a 18 year old with a NM m1a:p ) and it happened to jam(due to a headspacing issue on some reloads i wanted to polish off) and he went nuts, he basicly panics, forces the range to shut down and proceeds to tell me that it can be unjammed(bolt was stuck REALY well) so meanwhile while hes running around like chicken little, i set the rifle on the table, cocking arm down against the edge(barrel down range of course, range clear) have my friend hold it, and i kick the butt, out pops the round and the ROs jaw drops and he kicks me off the range for clearing a jam(he gave me a bullshit line about how they had to have their on-site gunsmith look at it... HAH!) :/   about 2 months later the range was shut down.  

it just recently reopened (after 4 years) and the same jackass is still there, now they dont allow even the CA legal ARs:/   sigh, im so glad im getting out of this state next month.

Effin pussies...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Some RO'S just don't need to be RO'S or in other words some people just don't know when to keep what they think to thierselves, different weapons for different taste, I hate it when people ask , why do you want this or that weapon  simple its because I DO
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:57:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If he's so biased about certain guns, why is he working at a range?

no joke., why would anyone say those things from someone who is an employee at a range??

Jackasses and idiots come in every flavor.

Every gun show I've been to, I'll stop to look at an EBR and some guy carrying a bolt gun or shotgun will give me the evil eye and ask "whadda ya need wunna dem der things fur? Alls theys good fur is shootin' people!"

That's where ya give em the stink eye and say "yep."
hr

agreed, on a side note, i saw my first EBR chasis in person today one of the indoor ranges in san jose has one for sale(719.00, ouch! ) i drooled for about 10 mins then bough my MIAD grip.   very nice tho, if i pick up another m1a i would consider the EBR chasis. just a lot of dough for one:/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top