Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 10:37:32 AM EDT
teach someone to shoot who is right-handed but left eye dominant, or vice versa?

Is it better to keep their hand or eye dominance?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
teach someone to shoot who is right-handed but left eye dominant, or vice versa?

Thanks.

I think it's got something to do with a periscope, a pair of red panties, and a Humvee.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
if you're teaching them long gun, it's much better to have them switch hands than to switch eyes.

my wife is cross-eye dominant. she shoots rifles left handed, but still shoots pistols right handed (she says it's easy to use her left eye with the pisotl)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

I think it's got something to do with a periscope, a pair of red panties, and a Humvee.....

You know I was thinking about that movie and I had to wonder why they wouldn't just
move the monocle to the other side of the helmet.  Does anyone know if that can be done?  Or is
the dominance thing in an Apache just not a problem for anyone?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

You know I was thinking about that movie and I had to wonder why they wouldn't just
move the monocle to the other side of the helmet
.  Does anyone know if that can be done?  Or is
the dominance thing in an Apache just not a problem for anyone?

Shhhh. It's the plot!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Either close your left eye or put a blinder in front of your left eye. Ever see olympic shooters, many of them use a blinder for this reason. I have this problem and ever since I started competition rimfire back when I was 12 I haved just learned to close my left eye. I did turn out to be a decent shot so there is still hope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top