Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does this mean Bloomberg will be backing the NRA?  He should be smart enough to leverage his city's money in an existing program.

I do not think so, since he directly blamed the NRA for the deaths of two recent NYC cops.

You have to be joking
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does this mean Bloomberg will be backing the NRA?  He should be smart enough to leverage his city's money in an existing program.

I do not think so, since he directly blamed the NRA for the deaths of two recent NYC cops.

You have to be joking

He's absolutely right. He said the NRA has the blood of those 2 cops on their hands. Un-f%$&ing-believable.
The main thrust of his comment that these guns are from out-of-state is the start of the campaign that says that the current laws are not working and that NO ONE should own firearms. That way, there won't be any for anyone to steal and then come to NYC and kill their cops. This guy is a first class asshat.

WBK
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He's absolutely right. He said the NRA has the blood of those 2 cops on their hands. Un-f%$&ing-believable.
The main thrust of his comment that these guns are from out-of-state is the start of the campaign that says that the current laws are not working and that NO ONE should own firearms. That way, there won't be any for anyone to steal and then come to NYC and kill their cops. This guy is a first class asshat.

WBK

Because God knows that contraband like illegal drugs guns couldn't come in through Mexico!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Bloomberg, you are an idiot.  

Arm lawful NYC residents, arrest criminals that use guns for crimes and fast track them to jail or the chair (as appropriate) with NO parole,  give medals to the citizens that rightfully defend themselves against these criminals.  Quit blaming guns and trying to get rid of them.

OR

Go fuck yourself.   Idiot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I never up with all these free guns that are floating around out there.  Someone give me a call next tme when you see these free guns just flowing down the streets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/58895.htm

December 3, 2005 --  The National Rifle Association was in Mayor Bloomberg's cross hairs yesterday as he blasted the group for putting guns ahead of the lives of cops and children.

"Fundamentally, if you want to solve the problem [of gun violence] it's up to Congress, and Congress keeps getting rolled by the NRA," the mayor said during his weekly WABC radio show.

"This is plain and simple, the NRA versus the lives of our children and our police officers," he declared.

Bloomberg described gun violence as a national issue after telling listeners he had earlier visited the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn and comrades of Officer Dillon Stewart, who was slain by a shot through the heart.

"I think it's really despicable for the mayor to try and inject politics into this very sad and tragic event," said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam.

"Our membership rolls are full of active and retired law-enforcement and military officers," the spokesman said. "It is not appropriate to talk about politics at this time. At this point in time our thoughts and prayers are with the slain police officer's family."

The Mayor's Office had no immediate reply to the NRA spokesman's comments.

Meanwhile, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has publicly broken ranks with the mayor on the death penalty.

Bloomberg is opposed to capital punishment, but Kelly said in an WNBC/Channel 4 interview to air tomorrow that he supports it "for the murder of a law-enforcement officer in the performance of his duty."

"I've had that position all along," the commissioner said, according to a transcript of an interview to air tomorrow on WNBC's "News Forum."

New York state's death-penalty law was effectively taken off the books last year when the Court of Appeals struck down a key provision as unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
New Yorker's don't believe Bloomberg and Schumer's BS as indicted in this poll.

www.ny1.com/ny1/Polls/index.jsp?pollactivequestionintid=1619

Would stricter gun control laws have made a difference in the cases of Officers Dillon Stewart and Daniel Enchautegui?

NY1 News has launched our "Snap Poll" feature, which allows Time Warner Digital Cable subscribers in New York City to use their remote control to answer poll questions that appear on their TV screen. If you don't have Time Warner Digital Cable - or you just prefer to use the web - cast your vote in today's poll here:

Would stricter gun control laws have made a difference in the cases of Officers Dillon Stewart and Daniel Enchautegui?
Results since DECEMBER 12TH, 2005
Yes   19.0%

No   78.0%

Undecided   1.0%
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pledge to carry gun battle across nation
No matter what, with a Texas Republican in the White House and the National Rifle Association still among the biggest givers in Congress, it will be an uphill fight, Schumer added.

NRA officials could not be reached for comment yesterday, but Bloomberg is already in the group's sights.

Originally published on January 2, 2006

www.nydailynews.com/news/story/379453p-322247c.html

But I thought the NRA wasn't even on our side.

Once again the NRA seems to be the only thing they focus on in their path to take our guns away.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Camden is doing the same thing.  They're blaming PA for their crime problems.  It seems that the grabbers are setting the stage for something big.

"Mumbles" Menino (Mayor of Boston), is playing the same anti-gun card except he's placing most of the blame on New Hampshire.

For the record... despite having some of the most facist gun control laws in the country, Boston just experianced the most murders in 10 years.

Setting the stage for something? I wouldn't bet against it. One likelyhood... looking for a court battle or legislation based on the Commerce clause of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Bloomberg is opposed to capital punishment, but Kelly said in an WNBC/Channel 4 interview to air tomorrow that he supports it "for the murder of a law-enforcement officer in the performance of his duty."

Does this bother anyone else?

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
New Yorker's don't believe Bloomberg and Schumer's BS as indicted in this poll.

www.ny1.com/ny1/Polls/index.jsp?pollactivequestionintid=1619

NY1 News has launched our "Snap Poll" feature, which allows Time Warner Digital Cable subscribers in New York City to use their remote control to answer poll questions that appear on their TV screen. If you don't have Time Warner Digital Cable - or you just prefer to use the web - cast your vote in today's poll here:

Results since DECEMBER 12TH, 2005
Yes   19.0%

No   78.0%

Undecided   1.0%

Actually you've proved the demagogue's point....people don't know what's good for them...and they need to be protected from their unbounded ignorance with so-called "common sense" gun laws.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair

Yes.

1st degree murder in NY IIRC is for cops only, 2nd degree for everyone else...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That is not correct. It also provides for killing a witness, judge, while committing another felony, killing multiple persons, act of terrorism etc. Restricting the death penalty/increased penalties only for LEO'S is BS.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair

Yes.

Yeah, you gotta be special to get justice there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Seems to be a lot of this kinda stuff going around. The Gun Grabbers must have developed a new twist to their agenda, seems they have something big in the works!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#18]
send him to canada....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Have any NYPD officers been assigned to the BATF yet?

NY State Troopers to be deputized as 'Federales' by ATF
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
His  official email address link so you can vent directly:

www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

I laud your efforts in trying to keep firearms out of the hands of NYC criminals.  

Since you may not be aware, I thought I would let you know that the Federal Government of the United States already has a bureau devoted in part to enforcing laws concerning the illegal interstate transportation of firearms.  They are the BATF and they even have a website:  www.atf.treas.gov/

If you would like to communicate with the Georgia and Florida divisions of the BATF directly, they have websites as well:

Florida:  www.atf.treas.gov/field/tampa/index.htm

Georgia: www.atf.treas.gov/field/atlanta/index.htm

Be sure to tell them you are from NYC as they are particularly responsive to people from northern states giving them free advice about how to do their job.  

Sincerely,

LOL, I hope he obliges.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Ya? Well I pledge to carry guns across the nation. Kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#22]
As long as he limits his campaign to combat illegal gun sales that put firearms into the hands of felons, I don't have a problem with that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Pledge to carry gun battle across nation - NYC's Bloomberg

Fine by me, I'm ready for all these fuckers.
Too bad he won't have the balls to come to my house.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#25]
If Bloomberg's subjects had the right to own firearms, there would not be as many guns stolen in other states to supply his subjects.  The elected officials of New York are responsible for the gun problem in New York and crime in other states.  I think that the other states should tax the subjects from New York who enter their state to compensate the citizens of their state who have had their guns stolen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn when is California going to fall into the ocean?

Wait a minute ... New York ... never mind. Free pass to do whatever, when ever, and how ever they like and nobody here will ever notice.

Back to focusing on Californians please.

You make a good point.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute ... New York ... never mind. Free pass to do whatever, when ever, and how ever they like and nobody here will ever notice.

actually if california would fall off and manhattan island would sink, life in this country would be a whole lot better

Yessir I'd have to agree with you as long as we can keep an MCRD San Diego Island!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually if california would fall off and manhattan island would sink, life in this country would be a whole lot better

One would have to be sure people like Feinswine, Bumbleberg and Schitmer were on the real estate which went down.  It wouldn't do any good for them to be on a junket...oops, I mean business/working session in Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
As long as he limits his campaign to combat illegal gun sales that put firearms into the hands of felons, I don't have a problem with that.

Ummmm... right.

Next it'll be:

Originally Said by Bloomberg"
Now that I've made a dent in combating illegal gun sales, I pledge to make different types of guns illegal.  Now we have more work to do!

The gun laws he's vowing to defend in his city were created by him.  First he (unconstitutionally) makes them illegal, then he makes himself out to be a hero by cracking down on these new "illegal" guns?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Doesn't Vermont have "sensible" gun laws.  How come guns from Florida and Georgia aren't getting to Vermont and killing people?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
is there any chance that he looks like this:

In the fourth paragraph, it did say something about "punching the air for emphasis" -- sounds like an apt description to me............
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Typical lefty BS in the reporting in that "guns" seem to be doing the killing, not the scumbag with the gun.  Who, I am sure, is a misunderstood youth who fell under the spell of the evil killing machine and couldn't help himself.

Sounds like you may have, at one time or another, heard the words of a defense atty and/or liberal politician.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
His  official email address link so you can vent directly:

www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mayor.html

Thanks for that.

My email:

Mike,

Don't bring your message to Texas; we're not buying what you're selling.

You must think that the criminals of other states are somehow different from the criminals in NYC/NYS.  If your criminals won't obey NYC/NYS law (re: handguns), what makes you think that the criminals in other states will obey any additional laws (re: providing criminals in NY and elsewhere with guns)?

I would imagine that NYC/NYS being tougher on its own criminals might lessen the "need" to take your snake oil show on the road to other states, but that's just me.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Best,

Jake.

I'll let you know when he gets back to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

"He needs to go to Florida and say, 'You sell thousands of guns that end up on our streets every year, and one of them killed a police officer in New York. What are you going to do about that?'" said Jackie Kuhls, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence.

Jeb, "Not a damn thing you intrusive carpetbagger, it's not my problem you can't keep your streets clean. Take your politically motivated ass back up north before I feed you to the gators you ambitious prick."

If Jeb said that, he might could get my vote for POTUS....... er, might.  He'd need to clean up a few other areas first.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

... he said, punching the air for emphasis. ...

I imagine Hanz and Franz...... or, as mentioned above, Hitler.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair

How dare you cast aspersions on our brave centurions, citizen. Their lives are more important than our own, since they carry the burden of the state when in uniform. Don't you realize they are the only thing keeping the barbarians from our gates? You should get down and thank Jove we Romans have protectors like them. You do not need arms- only they do, since you are not trustworthy enough.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"He needs to go to Florida and say, 'You sell thousands of guns that end up on our streets every year, and one of them killed a police officer in New York. What are you going to do about that?'" said Jackie Kuhls, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence.

Jeb, "Not a damn thing you intrusive carpetbagger, it's not my problem you can't keep your streets clean. Take your politically motivated ass back up north before I feed you to the gators you ambitious prick."

Good one.  I guess they are missing the point that the majority of guns are in the South (obvious since they are claiming they are shipped FROM the South) and we don't have the crime problem they do....maybe a cultural thingy there?

These guns which, if you'll remember, have a mind of their own, are just itching for a fight.  Not finding it in the South, they immigrate north, hoping to find the violence they so "bloodthirstily" crave.  Usually, they do.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Oh yeah- as if! Do you really think a downstate NY/ Cook County/Massachusetts/ Kalifornia liberal will be satisfied with just that?....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good one.  I guess they are missing the point that the majority of guns are in the South (obvious since they are claiming they are shipped FROM the South) and we don't have the crime problem they do....maybe a cultural thingy there?

Actually, the crime rate here is much lower than in most major cities in the South.  I'm looking at moving back to Houston and was disappointed to see that its crime rate is higher than NYCs

Crime rate....... *which* crime rate?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Another thing:  The New York death penalty statutes were declared unconstitutional on 6/24/2004.  So that means they can't execute criminals who kill police officers.  What kind of message does that send to criminals?  

Stop wasting perfectly good sense in this debate!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't Vermont have "sensible" gun laws.  How come guns from Florida and Georgia aren't getting to Vermont and killing people?

It's a socio-economic class (SEC) issue.  People in Vermont aren't as poor, were rasied better, and contribute to society.  Were are the people commiting crime in NYC are poor, uneducated, and drains on society.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Screw New York. Come and get Them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kill joe citizen = jail
Kill a cop = the chair

Yes.

Me, too.

Oh but wait...... maybe the NRA will come out later with the police unions and be for this, since it will be the start of something great to come later.  You know, just like with nationwide CCW for officers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Have any NYPD officers been assigned to the BATF yet?

NY State Troopers to be deputized as 'Federales' by ATF

These certainly must be isolated, unrelated events..... certainly not any part or parcel of the "something big" that recent posters have alluded to.  

Seriously, if this problem was a nail, you may have hit it squarely on the head.  At least this one nail, anyway.

ETA: Someone give that boy a hammer and a License To Kill!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#48]
The latest I heard was that he was going after people who POSESS and TRADE in firearms (not just illegal!) WTF Mate!

WBK
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
[Crime rate....... *which* crime rate?  

The violent crime rate.There was just an article in the local paper about how their violent crime rate was down, and was among the lowest in the country for major urban areas.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top