Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:
Every Glock I have ever owned.

I would relate that to the shooter.

I wouldnt.

I think my problem is that the particular glocks I own never did come with the kool-aid in the box.  It is supposed to be in there with the manual right?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sigma (puke)
Cast-receivered DPMS some ripoff artist built for me from parts. Wicked unreliable, and $850, too.
RC K98k, crappy action, overpaid $250 for it more than it was worth. Traded it for a rearsenaled RC K98k that had a mirror-bright, brand new bent barrel. 4+ foot groups @ 200 yards, 4 feet to left of point of aim.

It's getting a new barrel in 6mm Rem now. This will only cost me another $650 in smithing work to make it right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm the proud owner of a Glisenti.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I beat everyone of you suckers!

...CENTURY CETME!

[George Louis Costanza]Bow to the world's biggest loser![George Louis Costanza]

Which is worse, their CETME or M1?  

I bought one of their M1's years ago when I didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
A Beretta 950 .25 ACP.

It's a true belly gun, aimed fire is nearly hopeless since the bullet strikes the target about 15 inches left of the aim point at 15 yards.  [And no, it's not my defective grip.]

Too bad, this is otherwise a nice pocket gun that I really wish would shoot accurately.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
A Beretta 950 .25 ACP.

It's a true belly gun, aimed fire is nearly hopeless since the bullet strikes the target about 15 inches left of the aim point at 15 yards.  [And no, it's not my defective grip.]

Too bad, this is otherwise a nice pocket gun that I really wish would shoot accurately and I can't figure out any way to regulate it short of grinding off the rear notches and soldering an adjustable sight in their place.  I guess then it would be a Bubbaretta 950.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sigma (puke)
Cast-receivered DPMS some ripoff artist built for me from parts. Wicked unreliable, and $850, too.
RC K98k, crappy action, overpaid $250 for it more than it was worth. Traded it for a rearsenaled RC K98k that had a mirror-bright, brand new bent barrel. 4+ foot groups @ 200 yards, 4 feet to left of point of aim.

It's getting a new barrel in 6mm Rem now. This will only cost me another $650 in smithing work to make it right.

How long did it take for your ass to stop bleeding?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sigma (puke)

How long did it take for your ass to stop bleeding?

Stop? The fountain of blood shooting out of my colon seems like it's slowing down to you?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Lorcin 9mm.

Wow. 70 rounds and then it jams everytime. You have to break it down and clean it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Every Mini-14 I've ever owned.

+1 mine shoots 5in groups at 100 yards
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I beat everyone of you suckers!

...CENTURY CETME!

[George Louis Costanza]Bow to the world's biggest loser![George Louis Costanza]

Which is worse, their CETME or M1?  

I bought one of their M1's years ago when I didn't know any better.

How's this...I have a LIST of all the things wrong with it...which I have to fix. Century doesn't stand by their product. I called them about the lack of quality of this rifle and about how many things are actually wrong with it and they basically said, "tuff titties".
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every Mini-14 I've ever owned.

+1 mine shoots 5in groups at 100 yards

You've got one of the "good" ones.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish I still had every gun I've ever traded away or sold.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#15]
S&W Sigma 40F

Absolute junk...  The frame split lengthwise after less then 1000-rds.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I research my gun purchases before I make them. By doing that, I don't regret any gun I buy. Gotta love that interweb thing.

Must be nice being 22 when you never knew a world without the web Al Gore invented!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Puma 454 Casull lever action carbine. 5" groups at 50 yards.

Me too. -Todd
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
S&W 669 9MM semi.

1911 frame made by Essex.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Maverick 88. Traded it in for a M44 with nasty CAI import marks.  Couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Maverick 88. Traded it in for a M44 with nasty CAI import marks.  Couldn't be happier.

Dang I like my Mav . What was wrong with yours?

My worst was a Century worked Mas in .308 .
I loaded ten rounds ,worked the action , pulled the trigger and had ten rounds go down range . Boxed it up and took it back to the shop on the spot .

Un expected full auto sucks ass .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#21]
chrome plated  50ae desert eagle.
 shelled out 900 for that pimp gun. That monstrosity is ment to be polished, not shot.  kept it for 3 months and sold it.

sig 229 in 357 sig.  
the caliber  is way over rated

east german steyr ssg model 82.
looks cool, and thats where it stops
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every 9mm I've ever owned,  and a Ruger M-77

What 9mm's have you owned and what was the reason you disliked them?

Beretta 92 and S&W  Aside from the 9mm being to weak and only having an advantage in the capacity area, both of the ones I've owned were proned to jamming and POS's.  I liked the Beretta so I traded it for a 96 and ended up not liking it either.  The Smith was just like every other Smith auto ever made,  an unreliable POS.  Felt good in my hand, until I pulled the trigger.  All 12 pounds and over an inch travel of it.  To many sheared off case heads to count before I sold it.  I had a smith .40  that did the same thing.  It was a good gun till I got 8k rounds through it, then it started to go down hill.  My Glock22 is steadily climbing,  probably pushing 26k by now and I've yet to have any sort of malfunction in it yet.  

9mm too weak? Tell me, have you ever shot someone with a 9mm? Have you ever shot someone at all? Or are you just another armchair commando, making assumptions based on ballistics gel data?

I'll keep all that data in mind if I'm ever attacked by giant, knife wielding pieces of ballistics gelatin.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Professional Ordnance Carbon-15 I was between that an a RRA M-4 wow do I kick myself in the ass on that one and I paid 10% for the ffl transfer ended up losing about 200-220 selling it at a funshow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I have yet to regret purchasing any firearm that I've taken home.

I've got Glocks, S&W, KelTec, Colts, Ruger and some others.

I only buy guns after I know I'll be happy with them (through first hand experience/knowledge or most available information)  I don't by things I don't know anything about.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Llama 45
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Star BM

Just bought a Marlin 60 and it might be up on my list.  It FTE or jams at least once with every magazine.    I also have had really bad luck with an SKS now, I bought a Ygo and it jammed so bad today I had to take it apart at home and use a sledge hammer to get the bolt to unlock.

Why havent I learned my lesson with used guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#27]
H&R varmint single shot in .22 mag.

I don't think I've ever actually shot it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#28]
USA magazines.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Taurus PT-22.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
USA magazines.

I forgot about those.  +1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Remington 710 or my first AR which i bough for near MRSP
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I once bought a mismatched nazi marked K98 at a pawnshop for $400 just because
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
A Savage 1920 in 250 Savage through the paper, in place of a really nice 1903 in a target stock and 28" barrel.

I called up the owner, who said the Savage was mint, with the rare cocking piece sight.  I ripped on over there, and saw it was refinished, with the later stock (swept back bolt handle cutout in place of the straight).  The stock was sanded down below buttplate level, and diamonds retouched, with a few coats of linseed oil.

Well, the bore is gone and the rifle keyholes at 25 yards.

Still looking for a good barrel, but this rifle is waaaay in the back of the safe.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, to be perfectly honest, nothing really in terms of function.  I just thought the fit and finish of it was cheap as hell, and the rib on the barrel kept rusting in my apartment.  But other than that it seemed to work all right.  I'm not really a shotgun person, so it was kinda a mistake for me to get a shotgun in the first place.   In the end, I got rid of it because I didn't really trust it.

It was more of a mismatch between me and the gun, rather than the gun's fault.

Same story with my Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro 9mm.  Despite numerous complaints from others, I've never been able to make the stupid thing fail on me, and its ergonomics and size are perfect IMO for a carry gun.  Unfortunately, I have tried and tried to get used to the looooooong DA trigger pull and I can't, so it's got to go.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, to be perfectly honest, nothing really in terms of function.  I just thought the fit and finish of it was cheap as hell, and the rib on the barrel kept rusting in my apartment.  But other than that it seemed to work all right.  I'm not really a shotgun person, so it was kinda a mistake for me to get a shotgun in the first place.   In the end, I got rid of it because I didn't really trust it.

It was more of a mismatch between me and the gun, rather than the gun's fault.

Same story with my Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro 9mm.  Despite numerous complaints from others, I've never been able to make the stupid thing fail on me, and its ergonomics and size are perfect IMO for a carry gun.  Unfortunately, I have tried and tried to get used to the looooooong DA trigger pull and I can't, so it's got to go.

I agree the fit and finish isn't the best , but it goes bang every time I pull the triger and hits what I am aiming at . In the end isn't that all that matters?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hi Point Carbine.

Wow we both can't be that dumb. Can we? At least I got rid of mine. Did you?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#37]
JENNINGS 9mm  thats the only gun that I would realy actualy rather just carry a hammer
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#38]
An engagement ring.

Oh, wait.  Firearms.  Yeah.

Raven 22 from a buddy that needed the $20.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I havnt made any bad ones yet, and I dont plan on it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Universal Enforcer, jammed every 3rd or 4th round.

AMT Hardballer, did the same thing.

Recently, Sistema Colt.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Just bought a 7mm Mauser from my step sons father for $150. He needed the $$. Got it in the ars on this one. Threw it in the chocks to clean the barrel and oil the ol girl as it had not seen either in some time. I saturated patches with solvent and the barrel is so pitted from rust that it is shreading the patches that you push down the bore. Look down it with the bore light Swiss cheese! I will attempt to get pics. Anyone got any suggestions for saving the life of this ol piece of nostalgia??

This guy gave his son a Remington Targetmaster model 510 22 short/long rifle taht I guess belonged to my step sons grandfather. I literally had to drive the rod through the barrel with a hammer. Not all at once but a little at a time. Drive it, pull it and clean out loose rust, dirt, and believe it or not dead bugs??

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:08:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Just bought an HK51. Did not know they were all conversion guns from 91's. Thought it was a real HK production model gun. Paid 2000 for it. Nice looking but the design of the recoil sucks as they bottom out on the spring. Would have bought something else had I known.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#44]
My AR15.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gun and I am glad I have it, but I had no business dropping close to $1000 on a gun that I can't afford while trying to put myself through college.  It was definately the biggest impulse buy that I have been guilty of up to this point in my life.

I still can't afford the AR, but I'm keepin' it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Years ago a Remington Viper. Magazines wouldn't work. Got new magazines that did work and it's surprisingly accurate. I gave it to my nephew's for a knock a round .22.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:33:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Mine was an AP9, an aftermarket Tech 9, what a piece of shit. It looked cool but jammed every three rounds.

Another one recent but not envolving me, some friends of mine went to a local gun shop to get a new XD .40 and some guy purchased an Olympic Arms 20" A2 for $1200, he never even tried to negotiate. Wow!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#47]
about 10 years ago, when I turned 21, I bought a ruger 10/22 for over $400

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
about 10 years ago, when I turned 21, I bought a ruger 10/22 for over $400

Details for the curious if you dont mind! A regular carbine or a target model?....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#49]
AMT 45ACP backup. It was like a snubby wheelgun with a 16lb trigger, no sights and it had the ergonomics of a pack of Camel light 100's.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#50]
i purchased a stainless steel .357 mag derringer.  it was a pretty good pocket gun until a shithead stole it from me.  i got it back after "... an incident in east austin..." according to the detective.  when it came back the hinge was loose and it was covered in fingerprint dust... looked like someone had tried to grind the serial number off, but had a hard time since it was stainless...

after it was stolen, it was crap as far as i was concerned.  used to be a neat little pocket gun, but afterwards, it was an albatross.  i never shot it after that.  

oh yeah... an H&R 626 .22 revolver.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top