Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I really would not be suprised if we do go to war with Iran.  There has been some talk about it recently on radio talk shows.

I'm up for it.

I'm 30yrs old and just decided to join the Marine Corps
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm 30yrs old and just decided to join the Marine Corps

I know what you mean. I've tried to join the military several times but have been unable to because of near-sighted vision and I was unable to get a waiver for my poor vision. I just turned 34 this past september and I'm sitting here wondering---at my age---if another try is even worth it. I'd love to have a chance to train for and---upon completion of all necessary training---join either the Army Rangers or Green Berets but the training alone would probably take a good 2 years or so. By that time, I'd be pushing close to my 37th birthday. At this point, is it even worth it?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

Easy if you're not the one having to do it...

Just remember whom are the ones having to fight it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

Are you currently in the armed forces?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No, but it doesn't debunk the fact that it's still easier said than done. Iran has had close to 20 years to get ready and keep in mind all the families and men affected by this going through.

"ARFCOM: Easy to talk tough, but shirk when needing to put their money where mouth's are."
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No

Then stop trying to speak for everyone who is.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No

Replace a few words and I could same the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

i have no problem with invading iran, in fact eagerly anticipate it, and as of two weeks ago i have been a member of the armed forces.

sometimes it just has to be done.  some things are bigger than you and me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No

No, you couldn't because I never told anyone they shouldn't advocate military action unless they were going to be in the military.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No

Try giving a thought to all the American civilians who have died already at the hands of Islamicist terrorists first before you get all weapy about the soldiers who might get killed, ok?

It may be a nieve notion to maintain in this day and age but the civilian population of this country has a expectation of not being shot or blown up while just trying to do day to day things.

We got rid of the draft and now have a all voluntier military- and its the very reason for the existance of ANY military to protect its civilian population- its their JOB to take risks.  While its sad to lose some of them its much worse to risk losing any civilians.  Since the basic job of the goverment is to prevent its citizens from being killed.

So far the COMBINED military casualties of the WOT world wide (including Iraq) are barely 2/3rds of the number of American civilians killed in the World Trade Center on 9/11.

This is not even counting the other Americans killed in earlier, unavenged terror attacks like Pan Am Flight 103.

Now faced with the prospect of arch-Islamicists getting nuclear weapons on one hand OR getting the leverage over the oil market to cause a Second Great Depression on the other, I dont feel any need to have qualms about asking servicemen to risk their lives again...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#11]
I really dont see this admisistration going after anyone else, despite the threat. I think another front to the WOT would be political suicide, despite the perceived gains. We all know how ramped up and full of themselves the left wing media is in presenting the distortions and flat out lies, and how much of the reported truths of success and positive light that Americans are not getting daily from them.

I do think the threat of nuclear weapons from Iran is real, and I dont think Beta Israel will sit idle and let them develop weapons that will threaten their existence.

If Iran goes down in '06, Israel will do it.

Israel AF-1
Iran- Shit out of luck

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe its just phycological warfare ???

Even if strikes are planned maybe they are just to knockout  their nuclear stations and thats it not an all out invasion...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#13]
This administration cryed wolf too early.  We would have to get nuked before the american public gets behind any war from here on out. Bush pulled his cards to quick, throwing the real threats on the back burner.

We might fund/supply a war with Iran, but we wont fight it.

Keep in mind, We still hold the title of the only country to ever drop a nuke in anger. China and russia have to cope with that thought every day. This is why i belive we will always remain superior. Flat out i think we instill fear in every rouge/commie nation. We have them and history shows we are not afraid to use them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm up for it!

No

Don't forget that not everyone in theater is in the military.
I'm here now and ready to transfer to Iran tomorrow as soon as we roll in!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Diplomacy and politiking is just because our KIDS will just have to take out the Iranian IslamoWackos later.

We might as well do it now before we get too old, and leave future problems for future generations.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Diplomacy and politiking is just because our KIDS will just have to take out the Iranian IslamoWackos later.

We might as well do it now before we get too old, and leave future problems for future generations.

You hit the nail on the head.  We SHOULD have taken care of Iraq back in 1979, but Carter was (and is) too much of a pussy.  So we left it to the children of those soldiers and now Iran is on the verge of getting nuclear weapons.  If we leave it to the next generation, this problem will NOT be solved and may wind up causing a nuclear war in the Middle East.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You hit the nail on the head.  We SHOULD have taken care of Iraq back in 1979, but Carter was (and is) too much of a pussy.  So we left it to the children of those soldiers and now Iran is on the verge of getting nuclear weapons.  If we leave it to the next generation, this problem will NOT be solved and may wind up causing a nuclear war in the Middle East.

It wont go anywhere near that long. Israel realizes the threat, lives with it daily. If left unchallenged, I predict Iran will nuke Israel within 24 months.

Israel will not allow that.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This isn't a dupe?   It's been on drudge since this morning...

I imagine most world powers have these types of plans...

I went back 7 pages looking for it...

HH

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=423336

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top