Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ladies and Gentlemen.......The Slap Boxing Champion of the World......Wang Chung!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I fail to see how this guy slapping weakly on another guy, albeit quite fast, would be very effective.

I'd like to see Mr. Delicate Hands go 3 minutes with a boxer.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I fail to see how this guy slapping weakly on another guy, albeit quite fast, would be very effective.

hell how about one with one of these local boys around my home town LOL
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
No match for SquatDog
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Link is not safe for work.  

Video link.

This guy is about as fast as anyone I've ever seen.

Throw him in the ring with a MMA fighter and lets see how he does.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Boards don't hit back."
~ Bruce Lee.

+1, and what would CHUCK do?

Chuck has already kicked his butt four times, and did such a thorough job that the poor sucker doesn't remember it.

Thus Chuck is taking a fifth trip, and he WILL remember this one...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#8]
For you naysayers who think wing chung is funny.... a solid wing chung practitioner could kick your ass in a phone booth. Bruce Lee borrowed his hand work for JKD from wing chung.

And we all know that Bruce Lee kicked Chuck Norris' ass.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The problem with many martial "arts" students is that they have never been in an actual full contact fight. They memorize kata and movements which are far better than nothing, but those kata aren't going to do you any good against someone who is trained as a grappler.

Most fights end up on the ground and few people have any clue how to fight under those circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For you naysayers who think wing chung is funny.... a solid wing chung practitioner could kick your ass in a phone booth. Bruce Lee borrowed his hand work for JKD from wing chung.

The problem with wing chung is that there are exceptional examples like Lee, but the majority of practicioners don't rise to his level. And even he left it behind to develop a more combat oriented system.

A good wing chung practicioner will indeed be able to kick the average guy's butt. Against a moderately skilled grappler, however, things are going to be much different.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ROFL!

I'll try to remember that next time some guy locks himself in a phone booth with me and starts doing the sticky hands drill...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
pretty fast, looks like a form of Kenpo

+1.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFL!

I'll try to remember that next time some guy locks himself in a phone booth with me and starts doing the sticky hands drill...

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's funny shit man. thanks for the picture of that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#14]
oh yeah guys well I am a level 47 Paladin with +50 armor, when I roll the dice all you bitches are gonna die
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The modern JKD student trains in at least Wing Chun, Muay Thai kickboxing, Indonesian silat, Philipino empty hand and weapon martial arts, Graeco-Roman wrestling, and even Gracie Ju Jitsu wrestling, among others.

- I think it depends on the lineage of your instructor as to what you actually train in. Look to people like Matt Thorton and Burton Richardson and you'll see a total lack of Wing Chun, Silat, and to a degree Filipino influence.  The people who are heavily into the Filipino influenced JKD, are people that can trace their instructor's training back to Dan Inosanto.

Also, its Brazilian JiuJitsu, not Gracie JiuJitsu

I did mean to say Brazilian, but Gracie came out.
The picture of Royce and this other guy wrestling in UFC came to my mind.

Still, Thornton and Richardson teach kick boxing and Brazilian Ju Jitsu
and basically label it as their form of "JKD" so to speak.
Any student of theirs will be able to handle most fighters and brawlers.
Dan Inosanto pretty much owns the whole Philipino martial arts instruction.
The way I see it, kick boxing is the unifying art in JKD that ties all the
other arts together to let the student easily flow into one another.
A good kick boxer can kick just about anybody's ass because
he is not concentrating only punching an opponent, he is also kicking the shit
out of him at the same time.
A regular boxer may be able to throw a few good punches, but cannot begin to handle
kicks all over him.
If it turns into a wrestling match, then the Philipino empty hand and BJJ
arts come into play.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top