Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He appears to be a very wealthy man. But his taxidermist is wealthier!

Seriously though, not only is the volume impressive, but the quality of the mounts is impressive as well. I'd like to know who his favorite taxidermist is.

I'm not sure who he uses. I think he mentioned that the guy was in California. I can find out if it's important to you.

Thanks.

Just idle curiosity. If I ever have enough jack to permit the services of such a taxidermist, I'm sure I'll find him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]

What's up with the Wheaties box? Is it signed by Lance?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
members.roadfly.com/agent7/trophy_room/IMG_0101%20(Large).JPG

What's up with the Wheaties box? Is it signed by Lance?

going to ask the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
When he invited you over did he start talking about how he has hunted most of the big game in the world and now wants to take it to the next level?

Did he give you a head start?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
That has to be the biggest waist of animals I have ever seen in my life.  I much rather hunt humans or scum in the inner city.....unless you killed all those animals with your bare hands or a knife, now that would be fair game.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That has to be the biggest waist of animals I have ever seen in my life.  I much rather hunt humans or scum in the inner city.....unless you killed all those animals with your bare hands or a knife, now that would be fair game.

So you know just from looking at those pics the manner that was used to harvest those animals?

You also know what was done with the meat from each and every one?

And I assume you meant "waste" not "waist"?

Please explain where you believe the waste was.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I really like the Mountain Lion jumping in mid-air! That's pretty awesome.

Yeah I bet it looked just like that when it was shot in a tree with 6 dogs under it...  people like this give hunters a bad name...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I bet it looked just like that when it was shot in a tree with 6 dogs under it...  people like this give hunters a bad name...

Wow, how could you possibly know that cat was taken with dogs????

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
there are some reall tools in here. My hats off to the man that hunted all of those, very very impressive. Hes what every hunter wants to be.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a guy who enjoys his hobby.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Ever get the feeling you're being watched

Imagine trying to watch the National Geographic channel or Animal Planet in there
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, how could you possibly know that cat was taken with dogs????

you are kidding right?  No... he chased it down himself and stabbed it in the neck with a letter opener. Hell… he may have even crawled into it’s den and waited for it… then ambushed it and beat it to death with his bare hands. Not much cat hunting in Texas huh?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hes what every hunter wants to be.

speak for yourself... it's not hunting, it's called trophy collecting.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]

what a lovely room of death!!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#15]
    Back in my JBT days we had a real wealthy guy that had a great trophy room like that in a renovated barn. ( Think founder of huge Rent-a-Car agency )

We used to love getting burglar alarms so we could go browse around afterward. I think your friend had him beat though. Although he did have footstools made out of elephant feet.

It was a bummer when the barn burned down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]
There is some real liberal/peta members in this thread.
Although I no longer hunt I defend the right to hunt as sure as I defend the Second Amendment.

To all the "people" here who made jerky comments in this thread I bet your wallet/shoes/belts are all synthetic right?
Fucking hypocrites.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
you are kidding right?  No... he chased it down himself and stabbed it in the neck with a letter opener. Hell… he may have even crawled into it’s den and waited for it… then ambushed it and beat it to death with his bare hands. Not much cat hunting in Texas huh?

I not kidding at all. How the fuck do you know??

The fact is you don't and you know it.

Chances are he did kill it after a dog race.........but you damned sure don't know it so you could not possible have any idea what kind of hunter this man is.

As far as Texas cat hunting goes....I know enough to know about a bowhunter who killed a cat last year. (article in Bowhunting magazine)

Also as far as hunting cats with dogs in Idaho(which is the only place I have any experience), is probably the most physically challenging hunting in North America. If he killed that cat with dogs in Idaho.......he is one tough son of a bitch!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I not kidding at all. How the fuck do you know??

The fact is you don't and you know it.

Chances are he did kill it after a dog race.........but you damned sure don't know it so you could not possible have any idea what kind of hunter this man is.

As far as Texas cat hunting goes....I know enough to know about a bowhunter who killed a cat last year. (article in Bowhunting magazine)

Also as far as hunting cats with dogs in Idaho(which is the only place I have any experience), is probably the most physically challenging hunting in North America. If he killed that cat with dogs in Idaho.......he is one tough son of a bitch!

I don't "know"... but unless it was hit by a car or shot from a helicopter, the chances hounds treed or cliffed that cat are about 95%    You can say it's demanding all you want... I hike the mountains of Utah, Montana and Wyoming on a regular basis in the hopes of just catching a glimpse of one of these bad ass predators in my lifetime.  Carrying a rifle with a pack following dogs does not make you tough.

Now this is tough...  a 61 year old man killed one with a pocket knife...

01 August. 61-year-old David Parker was attacked by a 100-pound (45 Kg) adult, male cougar at about 7:30 p.m. on his nightly stroll along a road near his home about two kilometres outside of Port Alice. Because of a sudden downpour, he took shelter from the rain under a rock ledge hanging over the remote gravel road. As he leaned against the rock shelf outcropping, the cougar pounced down beside him, startling him. When he went for his pocketknife, he left his neck exposed and the cougar lunged. He had to throw his head in a way to protect his neck, *which is when it bit his scalp and pulled it down over his eyes. In the struggle, Parker was hurled into the ditch, where his jaw was shattered against a rock and his cheekbone broken.

As the cat clawed and bit into his neck, face, and head, Parker managed to open his knife's three-inch blade, stab the cougar a few times, and eventually slit it's throat, leaving the cat to bleed in the middle of the gravel road.

With darkness descending and no one nearby on the deserted gravel road, Parker, a retired mill worker, managed to walk one kilometre to an industrial log-sorting depot, where Jeff Reaume sped him to hospital in a company-owned logging ambulance. Reaume said whether by instinct, knowledge, or luck, Parker was able to slash the throat of the mauling cat -- the surest way to kill it. "He knew how to cut the cat. He knew what he was doing. If it was someone who didn't know how to cut it, we'd have found a body there -- or nothing at all, just blood." A friend of Parker's, Larry Pepper, mayor of the small forestry-dependent town near the north end of Vancouver Island, figures the cougar kept fighting for two or three minutes even after being slashed, but it finally died on the road. "Not that many people get attacked by a cougar and get away."

From the hospital in Port Alice, Parker was transferred to Port Hardy, then air-lifted to Victoria's Royal Jubilee Hospital, where he underwent reconstructive facial surgery the next day after which he was listed in stable but critical condition in the intensive-care unit.

A couple of months after the attack, Mr. Parker spoke to the conservation officer who reviewed the situation. The man said, based on an autopsy of the cat, that it was a healthy three-to-four-year-old with fat that suggested it was in good shape. It had eaten 10 to 12 hours before the attack. "I just wonder why it attacked me," said Parker. Port Alice residents have long been aware of the dangers of cougars and have been warned by officials to walk in groups or carry bats, knives, or pepper spray to protect themselves from aggressive cats. Thursday's attack was the fourth in about two years for the north Island, and the second for Port Alice. Sources:  ( Vancouver Sun; Man kills cougar in fight to survive; Jim Beatty; August 03, 2002) ( Vancouver Sun; From the jaws of death; Jim Beatty; August 08, 2002) ( Vancouver Sun; Cougar attack a fight to the death; Jim Beatty; August 08, 2002) ( Times Colonist (Victoria); Survival Instinct; Emily Bowers; August 08, 2002) ( The National Post at Canada.com; The cougar had 'his fangs in me' - B.C. man slit cat's throat: David Parker still lives with the damage -- and the anger; Ian Bailey; October 21, 2002)

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
[stating the obvious]Outstanding collection![/stating the obvious]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In the 2nd pic, what is that small animal head up and to the right of the gun box?

My dad shot something like that in Korea.  It might be a barking deer.  The one my dad shot had "fangs".  It was pretty small.

Correct.  It is a species of Muntjac (the ones in England, which were imported from Asia, have a dog-like bark to their sound)

For all you assclowns slinging turds on this thread, remember:  Sport hunting has led to ZERO extinctions of an animal species.  It's been the meat and commercial hunters that have slaughtered to the point that populations could not sustain themselves, which is the true crime.  Sport hunters spend big $$$ to hunt and to make sure that this beautiful and exciting renewable resource will be around for the next generation.  This is something that PETA, which is pathologically stuck on preserving an individual animal, can not understand:  True conservationists preserve habitat, ecosystems and populations.  And we can do this while remaining hunters.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Well at least we both agree that "61 year old David Parker" is a tough sob.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a switch somplace that makes them talk and sing like at Disney?
Actually, impressive collection, not exactly my taste in decorating, but still impressive (like someone else said, creepy in a thunder storm).  Very Hemmingway / Teddy Roosevelt, and i bet theres a neat story for each one.  What kind of rifle does your friend hunt with?  I just started hunting this season (I turn 40 next week), and have yet to take my first deer, I dont plan to have it mounted, just turned into Jerky, roasts, some burger, hotdogs and sausage.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#23]
impressive collection in a lovely home. but it just strikes me as so meaningless. i mean if youre that wealthy what more do you have to compensate for. do you need to shoot the fucking elephant (or any other rare beast) enjoy the journey. know that while youre watching lion as he sits atop the kopi that you are witnessing something very few people get to see in their lives. why shoot it?  im not trying to shit on this thread i just want to understand why people do this and since so many of you seem to think its ok maybe you can explain it to me.

dont get me wrong, i hunt. i hunt every year, and i clean it and butcher it and wrap it and freeze it and enjoy eating my deer and boar. but i have spent total of 2 1/2 years out of the last 5 hunting animals that shoot back. to have an opportunity to view a rare animal like a lion or elephant in the wild..then shoot it...well it  just strikes me a pussy move.

flame suit: ON
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't have a problem with hunting . I've killed my
fair share of animals . Including blasting prairie and tree
rats just for the fun of it .

But ....

There are some animals in the Pics that I wouldn't hunt .
Namely the big cats , the Hippo's and the zebras .
The big cats I respect as predators at the top of their
food chain . So unless I was in competition with them .
I say live and let live .

As for the hippo and zebras . Well I know full well that
the Hippos can be dangerous , but lets face it . They are
more or less a cow that lives water .

The zebras along the same line , are just a funky colored horse .

There is also the mitigating factor that the majority of
Trophy hunters are rich asswipes that get led by the hand
to the prey . It has ZERO to do with their hunting skills .
All they do is pull the trigger , and they don't even have to
do that well because the guide his crew usually take care
of the ones that aren't a clean kill
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Regardless if you agree with it or not, if you hunt, it is your duty to support other forms of hunting.  

no, it isn't...  and I'm the last person in the world who would join or use a "PETA Term".  It's just my opinion that treeing an animal with dogs is about as FAGTASTIC as these dickless twats...

but I do apologize for shitting on the thread...  the guy has a great home.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
*incoming massive flame/thread derail*
What the fuck is the point of hunting for all that?  I simply dont understand why people just kill other animals like that.  I could understand hunting animals like a group overpopulated deer and such, but to kill animals like a lion or a lynx(elephants too I assume?)wtf?  You dont eat lynxs, nor do you need their fur to wear during winters, so why kill it?  All that kind of hunting does is make your penis feel bigger.

You are embarrassing our state. Please refrain. Thank you.

AB
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Guys, I do not know the guy and his wife, but please keep in mind, that in alot of cases, these African animals are taken to comply with managment levels in areas or for damage control.  In some areas, these animals have no predators and if it were not for the "hunters" there would be more than the area could sustain.  

and god forbid we let mother nature take care of herself... I think she did just fine for the last 4 billion years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That is way more dead shit then I would want in my house.

yea, what u can do after a box of wheaties
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I've seen better designed, decorated and layed out rooms, but i never seen that many quality mounts in a persons home!  Looks like a god damn Cabelas store!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Sent those pics to PETA
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow! That is cool! I would love to have a room like that.

I bet your friend is very well to do. Just a guess though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#33]
To each his own I guess....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

My sentiments exactly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Reminds me of Brad Wesley's place.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sentiments exactly.

+2
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
That must have been one big guy to have ate everything he killed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I think the most inpressive things are the collection of rams.  Not only is it extremely difficult to get on a ram tag anywhere in the world, but they are the most challenging animal to hunt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the pics TacticalStrat.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#40]
thanks for the pics, poo on the douche bag trolls
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#42]
neat pics
for the whiners being shot sure beats starving to death or getting some sort of terrible disease
proper management is essential to  animal population health
I pretty much only varmint hunt anymore ( I don't like most game meat) So I guess I am a asshole too
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks,Very Cool!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys, I do not know the guy and his wife, but please keep in mind, that in alot of cases, these African animals are taken to comply with managment levels in areas or for damage control.  In some areas, these animals have no predators and if it were not for the "hunters" there would be more than the area could sustain.  

and god forbid we let mother nature take care of herself... I think she did just fine for the last 4 billion years.

Starvation is much better.

So I wonder what he shot thye wolverine with??
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What the fuck is the point of hunting for all that?  I simply dont understand why people just kill other animals like that.  I could understand hunting animals like a group overpopulated deer and such, but to kill animals like a lion or a lynx(elephants too I assume?)wtf?  You dont eat lynxs, nor do you need their fur to wear during winters, so why kill it?  All that kind of hunting does is make your penis feel bigger.

Quick! Get the phone!! I think PETA is calling to remind you of thier meeting tonight.  

I'm as conservative as they come, but I agree with him. I don't see a point in hunting if you're not goign to eat the animal. But that is just my personal opinion, if someone else wants to hunt for trophy, more fun for them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#47]
The only thing I like in that room is the wood work around the doors and windows.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Thousands of dollars in taxadermy and only a 27inch tv?

Same thought I had...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick! Get the phone!! I think PETA is calling to remind you of thier meeting tonight.  

I'm as conservative as they come, but I agree with him. I don't see a point in hunting if you're not goign to eat the animal. But that is just my personal opinion, if someone else wants to hunt for trophy, more fun for them.

Lots of animals get shot without being eaten.  Groundhogs, bobcats and coyotes are some animals that I hunt and don't eat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thousands of dollars in taxadermy and only a 27inch tv?

Same thought I had...

The man knows where is priorities are.  I bet some members who have kickass gun collections also live in quaint homes and drive older model cars.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top