Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 11:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 9:20:41 AM EDT by MrsGloftoe]
Discovered it, mostly at the recommendation of the people here. Damnned good show, and damned good movie, and I must say I am unhappy at the untimely passing of Shepherd Book and Wash.

I particularly like the show where they meet up with Niska again. Mal is really a guy who, at the core of his personality, is a malignant MFer. Would not want to cross him. Yet, he shows mercy to some people who want to kill him.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:23:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:03:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrsGloftoe:
Might want to put a spoiler warning in the thread title for those who haven't seen the movie...

+1

Good movie, I've seen it, but you'll soon hear the complaints of those who haven't seen it yet.

Oh and IBTPTITMF (In Before The Post This In The Movie Forum)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:26:21 AM EDT
I got the movie on DVD for Christmas. I think people should definately watch the series before they see the movie. My wife had not (I must have watched the series while she was out shopping) and she didn't get most of the relationships in the movie.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:21:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:30:05 AM EDT
We need to send the Operative after Butt Laden. "Osama, we can settle matters like men".

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:32:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:
We need to send the Operative after Butt Laden. "Osama, we can settle matters like men".

images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3123201/1011/3730464_main.jpg

Yes, he is a bad man, and quite an original baddie, in my opinion. He's totally sane and stone-crazy at the same time.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:47:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AvengeR15: Yes, he is a bad man, and quite an original baddie, in my opinion. He's totally sane and stone-crazy at the same time.
He's one of my favortie "bad guy" characters, although at the end he was "no longer the Parliament's man". I've got to see if there's a listing of his lines in the movie somewhere.

All he needed was a cool mask, a lightsaber, Force powers, and be the father of both Simon and River Tam, eh?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:54:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By samsong:
Mal is really a guy who, at the core of his personality, is a malignant MFer. Would not want to cross him.

I don't think so. He's loyal to his friends, but he kills people only when he thinks it's necessary. When he decides it's necessary he does move with dispatch, though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT
I wonder if the end of firefly represents the reopening of the intersolar civil war? That would be a kewl sequal, the second war against the core.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 7:15:41 PM EDT by Skibane]

We need to send the Operative after Butt Laden.

"Do you know what your sin is, Osama?"
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:20:54 PM EDT

images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/3123201/1011/3730464_main.jpg

That would be GREAT!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:26:42 PM EDT
How anyone that watched the series first can say they like the movie is beyond me

the movie was supposedly set after the series yet they go back and rehash stuff that was covered and dealt with in the series , and I don't mean getting you up to speed on what's going on so the movie is understandable

I rather thought the opening did a real good job of explaining things and setting the stage for the movie

There is a reason why it failed at the box office - fans packed the theaters for opening and then didn't go back/told their friends it sucked

It's a shame that's the last we'll see of the universe ( the comics are good though)

Barry
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:51:50 PM EDT
BTW, the widescreen version of the DVD has been alternating between the #1 and #2 best-seller spots on Amazon.com ever since it was released.

(What's in the #3 spot, you ask? Why, the original "Firefly" boxed DVD set, of course! )
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:19:00 PM EDT
I am thinking that given the fan base of this series we may yet see another movie made, especially as all the props are now done and the opening story has been covered.

Hell, I own Firefly and Serenity on DVD, and I usually just copy a DVD unless I truly think it deserves my money, this series and movie did.

As for rehashing things in the movie that were already covered in the series, they had to, otherwise there would have been a lot of people who had no idea hwat the hell was going on (I never saw the series until after first seeign the movie in theatres, it is what made me want to see the series, and I neve rhad th eoption before, the series was not carried on any channels I got)

Still wish book and Wash had not been killed, I really woudl ahve loved to know the background on Book they had obviously planned fro him during th eseries, I also hope in the next movie they esplain more about BlueSun
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:34:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:
I also hope in the next movie they esplain more about BlueSun

Buffy dude said he is done with Firefly. No more movies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:38:39 PM EDT
Seems the whole nation has discovered Firefly / Serenity, those are the #2 and #3 top selling DVD's from Amazon.com

Amazon best seller list
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 10:49:14 PM EDT by AR-15Fan]
I thought the movie was great, very polished I thought. The slight changes made to the backstory seemed like needed changes/additions, I have no complaints there.

I've turned a couple people onto Firefly/Serenity in general, can't believe what a great show it was and how short it's run was, WTF. The first time I saw the first episode (well, second) that Fox aired I knew I was hooked, didn't miss an episode during the half season they aired it. If it had of been on SciFi or just about any channel other than Fox we'd probably still be watching new Firefly seasons today, DAMNIT!!!!

Whats really interesting to me is that the special effects and way of doing space stuff in Serenity beats every other scifi movie I've ever seen, including the newest Star Wars flicks. All with a comparatively shoestring budget. Here's hoping the DVD sales are good enough to spawn another straight to DVD Firefly movie or SciFi Original movie or something.... The ultimate would be SciFi picking it up and making a new Firefly TV series...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:10 PM EDT
Just watched Serenity again today..
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:27 AM EDT
In before Dolomite poops on Firefly/Serenity
Top Top