Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:45:59 PM EDT
Let me preface this by acknowledging that I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Withold reinforcement of that fact, please.

I've been missing my light for about a week, and couldn't remember where I placed it. Well, seems that the last time I did a pizza in the oven, I used the excess heat to dry water off some tools, and my light, that had been immersed in melted snow while I was fixing my truck. My wife cannot handle having any door/drawer/switch in an improper position, so she closed the oven door while my stuff was drying. ADHD kicks in, hey look, boobs on tv...

Well today, I fire up the oven to 475 preheat for a pizza, and when it starts beeping that it's ready, I opened it up and oh, crap, theres my stuff, all nice and toasty. Flashlight was even smoking a little. Screwdriver handle was neat looking, but kind of messy. Other stuff was just sockets and extensions, but there was the light. F*ck!

Well, I took it out, let it cool, tried it and no worky. so I pop in a new set of batteries. Shazam, there is light. Only real damage was the lens, which went a little shrinky-dink on me. O-rings may have been harmed, but they look fine and passed the throw it in the snow test.

I'm impressed, so I thought I'd share. I bought this light after having my G2 nitrolon by "Surefirewaytogetrichsellingbulbstothedefe­nsedepartment" burn up 3 bulbs in about 2 months, showing absolutely no resistance to being mishandled while the lamp was on.

I bought a spare bulb for the pelican when I got it, and still haven't needed it. I suppose if I put it in for the next oven self-cleaning cycle, that could change. Hey, look, girls volleyball on TV...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:54:48 PM EDT
Top Top