Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 1:48:31 PM EDT
A friend of mine said that her boyfriend was going to have to replace the hard drive in his computer.
He has the WINDOWS CD's but is unsure of the process . Is it going to prompt him as he progresses or does he need a pro to do this for him ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a local whiz kid computer geek and give them $20.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Is his master drive completely dead now or will it spin up???  If so then for how long, how big is the drive?

Basically the easiest thing to do is a disk to disk copy.  If the hard drive is completely dead then you will have to partition the new drive and load a new image.

Oh, one more thing what kind of drive is the one that failed (probably IBM) and what brand is the replacement???
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]

All I know at this point is that the old drive has failed . I'll try to get more info .
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]

She said that he muddled his way through it and it's working .  Thanks anyway .
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If the old drive is still spinning, ghosting it over is an option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top