Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 1:10:02 PM EDT
I guess this crowd can relate to this.  Considering the amount of unhappiness in relationships found here.

But I will get a page from a patient.  Many times the husbands or significant other will anwser the phone.  They hear a male voice and the patient is never home.  A few minutes later I will get another page from the same patient.  Its kind of sad that there is no trust and many of these women just had children.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
you'd think they could at least respect the other guy who is allowed to look at their womens nether regions
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I guess this crowd can relate to this.  Considering the amount of unhappiness in relationships found here.

But I will get a page from a patient.  Many times the husbands or significant other will anwser the phone.  They hear a male voice and the patient is never home.  A few minutes later I will get another page from the same patient.  Its kind of sad that there is no trust and many of these women just had children.

Do these babies look like you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It all boils down to insecurity I guess..... its very hard for people to be 100% trusting of their partner. Some people just can't gather up the self-discipline to do so....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It all boils down to insecurity I guess..... its very hard for people to be 100% trusting of their partner. Some people just can't gather up the self-discipline to do so....

Nailed it.

My wife trusts me, and I trust her, and we reward eachother for it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We don't have that problem.  If a girl calls and asks for my husband, I hand him the phone and say 'It's a giiiiiirl for youuuuu'.  No trust issues here.

Then why do you use that tone of voice?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We don't have that problem.  If a girl calls and asks for my husband, I hand him the phone and say 'It's a giiiiiirl for youuuuu'.  No trust issues here.

Its in a teasing manner man!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a teasing tone.  Similar to what you'd use with a young teenager when they get their first phone call from the opposite sex.  Know what I mean?

Beat you.. na na boo boo...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
They may have a reason to be suspicious if you are doing a liner rebuild every 6 months.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you'd think they could at least respect the other guy who is allowed to look at their womens nether regions

They don't just look, they stick their fingers in there, sometimes their whole arm in there.  Don't forget the cold steel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Sounds more like a safety issue.

If someone calls for my wife and the number comes up on caller id, fine.

If someone calls and the number is restriced or unavailable, I'll take a message b/c it's usually a telemarketer.

This is if I even answer the home phone.  It's never for me anyway, my business phone is the one everyone usually calls.

Maybe you're reading too much into it
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a teasing tone.  Similar to what you'd use with a young teenager when they get their first phone call from the opposite sex.  Know what I mean?

So you mean like a mother who is uncomfortable with their child's burgeoning sexuality, so they have to resort to teasing them about it instead of just handing them the phone? I understand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I got to see a cute nurse er...how do I say it... Do her nether region doctor duties...on my GF.  Call me crazy, but it was kinda sexy.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So you mean like a mother who is uncomfortable with their child's burgeoning sexuality, so they have to resort to teasing them about it instead of just handing them the phone? I understand.

This sounds personal here......

Tell us what you see here....

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Many times I cant identify myself due to HIPPA laws.  So if I dont get the patient on the phone right away, I will just ask for her.

I know some of the husbands really well and then when I tell them that its me, all of a sudden the wife is at home.

It is a trust issue and we have all seen too many times in this forum, many relationships are on a shaky footing at best.

And yes, I have to stick my whole arm in there sometimes when the placenta is stuck or the patient is bleeding out.  You have to realize that once a 9lb baby comes out of there, my arm is much smaller.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.medical-library.org/journals/mddx/Rorshach/sld002.gif

You probably see QuietShootr and McUzi on their way to a Klan meeting, right?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I live for ARDOC's threads.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
...And yes, I have to stick my whole arm in there sometimes when the placenta is stuck or the patient is bleeding out.  You have to realize that once a 9lb baby comes out of there, my arm is much smaller.

Reminds me of things I've seen around the farms...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They may have a reason to be suspicious if you are doing a liner rebuild every 6 months.

oh here we go with the "sent the old lady out to get the bore re-sleeved again" tangent...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Many times I cant identify myself due to HIPPA laws.  .

No shit.....HIPPA keeps you from saying "Hello, this is Dr. Ardoc, may I speak to Jane Doe"?

How could that be a privacy issue? Especially since you are returning a page.

Or why not just say "This is Dr. Ardoc, someone just paged me and put in this number"?

Not flaming....just curious.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They are interesting.  I had no idea you could get your arm in there.  I could have lived without knowing that though.z
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh here we go with the "sent the old lady out to get the bore re-sleeved again" tangent...

If you do it right, there is no re-barreling it. The frame is a total loss.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you do it right, there is no re-barreling it. The frame is a total loss.

I'm just waiting for someone to post the half a ham pix & "slap it in & pull the bone out"

ETA: I just Image Googled "ham" and got this gem

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You probably see QuietShootr and McUzi on their way to a Klan meeting, right?

QuietShootr...I miss him.  I wonder what he's up to these days...

Probably freezin his ass off attending the rallys in mid-winter.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bat.

Fox.

"Butterfly".

Bat, two howling wolfs and a oxygen/acetalyne tank???
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I've said it before and I'll say it again: OB/GYN seems like it'd be the greatest job in the world...

...until you realize that old ladies and buttertrolls have vaginas too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: OB/GYN seems like it'd be the greatest job in the world...

You must have missed the "bacterial vaginosis" thread.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I'm pretty sure I'm glad I missed it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I'm pretty sure I'm glad I missed it.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397175&page=1

ARDOC had some pretty nasty examples of his customers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bat.

Fox.

"Butterfly".

Rabid grinning evil dog.  Hope i didn't use too many discriptives.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really do.  I enjoy reading about people's every day lives and the little things that take place.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Maybe.  He brought a little, ohhhh je ne sais quois to the board.  Maybe he'll get to come back some day.

I dont speak frog.

But if that means "I wear a sheet", you are right.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe.  He brought a little, ohhhh je ne sais quois to the board.  Maybe he'll get to come back some day.

I dont speak frog.

But if that means "I wear a sheet", you are right.  

It means I don't know.......

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 bunnies

with fangs and guns and knives and marpat
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.....HIPPA keeps you from saying "Hello, this is Dr. Ardoc, may I speak to Jane Doe"?

Or why not just say "This is Dr. Ardoc, someone just paged me and put in this number"?

The problem is that when you ID yourself as a doc then other people will know that the person has been seeing a doctor.  That is private.  Its cutting a fine edge but I have had people get mad at me for telling who answered the phone that I was a doctor.  If the patient is trying to keep something secret and I call and tell them who I am, then the patient has some explaining to do.  Just like Lucy!  For example if they want their STD results.

So I just stay away from that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Makes sense to me....now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are interesting.  I had no idea you could get your arm in there.  I could have lived without knowing that though.z

+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called "fisting".  You're welcome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A vagina...with teeth.

With large, menacing fangs...bared and lurking, ready to trap and impale a penis, drawing it deeper into the dark, damp cave of doom and shredding the tender flesh.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#47]

A vagina...with teeth.

With large, menacing fangs...bared and lurking, ready to trap and impale a penis, drawing it deeper into the dark, damp cave of doom and shredding the tender flesh.

[JoePiscopo]You forgot about depleting men of their precious, vital fluids[/JoePiscopo]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is that when you ID yourself as a doc then other people will know that the person has been seeing a doctor.  That is private.  Its cutting a fine edge but I have had people get mad at me for telling who answered the phone that I was a doctor.  If the patient is trying to keep something secret and I call and tell them who I am, then the patient has some explaining to do.  Just like Lucy!  For example if they want their STD results.

Then the Albert Einstein who paged you needs to learn to answer the phone first -- some people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top