Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Find one with less issues.  You'll thank all of us later.  Banging them and leaving them is the only way.  But even that has it's draw backs.  Just bang them at their apartment and give them your cell number.  That way she does not know where you live and you can change your cell number.

Max
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]

So you guys are saying I should turn down the hottest 19 yr old (virgin too) I have ever seen and run for the hills just because she is crazy and depressed?

My take is a little different.I would go buy a nice ring and pop the question!Think of all the "crazy" sex you will get
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
man you guys are very critical ............I take Lexapro and Risperdal and I am fine. It's when you don't take the meds that you get into trouble. Relax......

OK so on a scale of 1- 10 how crazy is she? will my penis get cut off? is she going to go absolutely nuts and kill herself or me if I break up with her?

On a scale of 1-10, every woman is at a 9 minimum.  Yours sounds like a minimum of 17 on a 1-10 scale, enjoy it and run.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you think she is crazy now, wait till she forgets to take her meds... or better yet, says she doesn't need them anymore.

I once met a girl that was on meds... (should have been on double dosage....). She was nuts just on the meds alone. She would spontanesly cry during all odd hours of the day (espically at night), then want you to come over for some "emotional make up sex". It was good and all until she layed down the fact that she doesn't like her "man" to use a condom, and that we should "trust" her that she is on the pill.

Yeah...right....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If you find pills at her place that you dont recognize, or are for any sort of mental disorder, RUN.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Ativan is a benzodiazepam, anti anxiety medication, like valium but with a shorter plasma half life.
Believe me, I am a doctor(and don't play one on TV).
The fact that she is taking an antidepressant and a benzo suggests that she has some serious problems; serious problems that you don't want to become your serious problem.
Run away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]

[qoute]
Stop relying on fucking drugs to control yourself. You are choosing to let yourself be anxious. You are choosing to let depression rule your life. Because you are using prescription drugs instead of street drugs simply means that you have health insurance, and not that it's right. Yes, you will find lots of highly educated and highly paid people (physicians) who will prescribe these to you and let you that you need them. This also does not make it right. Drugs are a cop out for life.
[qoute]

I was prescribed Lexapro twice by two seperate psychiatriasts for GAD/Bipolar disorder.  It helped me get my life back together, but its not a viable long-term solution.  Medications like that have to have their dosages adjusted every so often, and you jsut generally don't feel like yourself on them.  I have always scored very high on IQ test and such, but while I was on Lexapro, I felt like everything slowed down a bit.  I couldn't peform calculations in my head NEARLY as quickly.  After about five month, once I had myself under control, I slowly stopped taking it - against the advice of my doctors.  Its three years later now, and I've gone from not being able to attend class in college and sitting in bed all day staring at a wall, to being married, holding a steady full time job, and running a successful small business.  I still have moments 2 to 3 times a week where my heart rate goes up and my mind races, but now i understand whats going on, and I can take a moment, calm myself down, and get on with my life.  I've not had a "rage" since I stopped taking the meds.

Pretty much, medications like these have a use, but you need to realize, they do not FIX anything, they simply allow you to get it under control while you're taking them.  They also have some pretty hefty side effects, like a higher risk of diabetes.  People these days just need to learn to handle things on their own, and if they can't - go get some help, but don't jsut give up and decide your'e going to spend $400 a month on pills for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Take it from someone that’s been there .

IT'S NOT WORTH IT !!

And mine was at least un-medicated for the first
10 years . Heed these words carefully . The person
closest to you in life can inflict the greatest harm
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#10]
How come nobody's posted a picture of The Runaway Bride yet?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I've  been there 3x...

once at 20 (she was 18) and 2 times 2 years ago. (they were 30 & 32)

learn from my mistakes...

RUN AWAY NOW!   they may be a wild ride in the sack, but they will mess your mind up if they don't take their meds on time and especially if its NOT dial in right.. and most of the time its not!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of women are on mental health meds. I've been told it helps even out their moods and mood swings. It seems to work on the ones I know who are taking one of the various MH meds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]
"Flee" seems clear enough.

Flee;
Synonyms: run away,  abscond, avoid, beat it, blow, bolt, break, breeze, bunk, bush, cut out, decamp, depart, desert, dog it, elude, escape, evade, fly, get, get away, hotfoot, jump, leave, make off, make tracks, retreat, run, scamper, scoot, scram, shove off, shun, skedaddle, skip, split, take flight, take off, vamoose, vanish

Any questions?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Lexapro is an antidepressant and an anxiolytic (reduces anxiety.)  It is used for the treatment of depression and generalized anxiety disorder.  As someone else stated, it is a SSRI, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which is a common class of medicines these days.

Ativan is a benzodiazapine, like Valium.  It is not, or at least should not be, a first line treatment for anxiety.  

I wouldn't worry so much about her taking the Lexapro.  It is the SSRI that is in fashion today.  Next month it will be some other SSRI, and the month after that another one.
The Ativan would concern me.  Exactly how freaked out does this young lady get as to need Ativan?  In addition, Ativan is addicting and depending on how long and how frequently she takes it, she might be hooked.

Now, for my personal opinion of those who take prescription meds such as these.  The more sensitive readers out there should probably stop reading now.  

Stop relying on fucking drugs to control yourself.  You are choosing to let yourself be anxious.  You are choosing to let depression rule your life.   Because you are using prescription drugs instead of street drugs simply means that you have health insurance, and not that it's right.  Yes, you will find lots of highly educated and highly paid people (physicians) who will prescribe these to you and let you that you need them.  This also does not make it right.  Drugs are a cop out for life.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Personally, I wouldn't run away.  She has at least come to recognize that she has problems and is doing something to fix herself.  Many of the women I've met (especially the young ones) have issues.  I dated a girl who was taking an anti-anxiety drug when I met her, turns out she was really shy and had social anxiety disorder.  She was the best girlfriend I've had.  The only reason we broke up is because I joined the Navy and she wanted to finish school.

You might want to give the girl a chance.

I'll part with this: It's far better to judge a person on their behavior and what their friends have to say about them than by what is in their medicine cabinet.  You might want to consider that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ativan is an anti-psychotic and Lexapro is an antidepressant...

I'm not a doctor, but my wife has taken Lexapro along with several other drugs for depression and now she is taking medications for a bi-polar dis-order.  Take it from someone who knows from experience - RUN, RUN NOW, AND RUN FAST...  DON'T ASK ANYMORE QUESTIONS AND DON'T LOOK BACK.  I have over 30 years invested in this one or I would do the same thing.  If I ever find myself dating again I'll be checking medicine cabinets also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you guys are saying I should turn down the hottest 19 yr old (virgin too) I have ever seen and run for the hills just because she is crazy and depressed?

that makes it even worse!!!!

ACHTUNG!! ACHTUNG!!

IT MAY ALREADY BE TOO LATE, CONSIDER WITNESS PROTECTION!!

there are not too many 19 year old virgins though.

Hey. I'm here.

Yes, I am.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Run, and don't look back.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As was mentioned before..

Lexapro is (in simplified terms) a purified form of Celexa...a Selective Seritonin Re-Uptake Inhibitor.  Best explanation I have heard is that SSRIs tend to be Mood levelers--they prevent the dips in mood in depression (they do have a bit of a tendency to limit the highs also).  

I see LOTS of patients on SSRIs (as was mentioned, Lexapro seems to be the most common now) when I take a history.

Ativan is a Benzodiazipine.  A lot like Valium.   I generally Rx it when a patient is overly worried about a procedure.  It also works well in combination with pain meds in post op pain.  Lets the patient not worry about the pain quite so much--which seems to let the narcotics and other pain meds work well.   Had a patient with post-op ankle fx pain.   3 doses Fentanyl didn't help.  60mgs Toradol on top didn't help.  1mg IV Ativan let him sleep, and when he woke up, he was fine.

It would depend on the dosing of the Ativan if I was concerned...if the girl had severe anxiety disorder, and took the Lexapro to treat, but had Ativan if she had a particularly bad attack, it might be a bit of a concern.    If the Ativan is old (from a procedure) or something similar--I wouldn't worry as much.

AFARR

oh crap that is exactly why she said she takes it ! uhhhh I am getting worried and I just talked to her it is noon she just woke up and sounds all crazy but wants to see me.... she already knows where I live. geez
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont know about adivan but lexipro is to control outbreaks of HPV.

OHHH SHIT..........That Fuckin' sucks!!!

www.lexapro.com/english/about_lexapro/default.aspx

Wrong - Lexipro is for depression/anxiety.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#22]

run like the po po be afta ya
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, listen to me, I am only going to say this once.

The ones will pills are the ones that doctors have considered crazy.

The ones without pills, haven't seen the doctor yet.

There is some truth to that ^^.  Several years ago my wife went in for her annual "female exam"--gyn check-up.  At the end he asked her how she felt overall.  She said fine, except I'm a little concerned about my son--he just got his driver's license.  The boy had started driving and promptly put his car in a ditch and then drove 100 mph through a telephone pole, so you can imagine her being a bit concerned.  He handed her a handful of prescription samples and a prescription to get filled, without a word of explanation.  I called a doc friend of mine and found out he was putting her on anti-depressants.  I threw the shit away, explained to her what it was, let my doc friend explain to her the dangers--and she has remained fine and normal since, including his two tours of tip-of-the-spear duty in Iraq--sans happy pills.  Sometimes even docs need their asses kicked.  

First off.......what an asshat Doc.  And great job.......woot!!!!!  

Ohhhhh boy.  Wanna see something funny?

Paging drjarhead!!!!!

I bet he might have something to say about that......
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Flee

Coward!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

On a scale of 1-10, every woman is at a 910 minimum.  

Fixed it for ya!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
EJECT!! EJECT!! EJECT!!

www.mydivadesigns.com/redflag.jpg

When a woman says that another woman is nutty enough to run away... then you know what to do.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There.  I said it.

I am going to bookmark this thread for later reference.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I dragged out a relationship that should have never been for almost 3 months.........If its wrong - get the fuck away!!! You'll hate yourself if you do not follow your gut instinct now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top