Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:59:15 AM EDT
I had a pad poured a while back and this spring we are hoping to be able to afford to throw up the garage.

How much would you suspect materials for a garage that is 26'x36', 10' 2x4 walls, 1 16'x9' door, 2 man doors, 2 small windows, vinal siding?

i can't seem to find anything useful online. I know I will have to go talk to a store and order exact materials, but does someone have a ballbark guess
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:00:07 AM EDT
Around $15,000.

I priced one the other day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:02:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 6:03:07 AM EDT by Pangea]
Edited because I misread.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:02:36 AM EDT
I put one up myself about that size for just under 5K total. Took me a year of weekends and sucked the life out of me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:07:21 AM EDT
Flat roof or rafters? Roofing material? Insulated and drywalled? Electric? All of these things add up quick.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:10:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 6:11:49 AM EDT by Dave15]
Go to your local building supply house (84 Lumber,dean,etc-whatever your local equivalent is).Most will/can spec out a prepackaged "kit" that is cheaper than doing it yourself.And,resize that door if you EVER plan on pulling anything inside.

ETA: nice to have a three course of block of so, before going to stick.Makes for tighter,dryer building.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:13:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wildearp:
Flat roof or rafters? Roofing material? Insulated and drywalled? Electric? All of these things add up quick.

Not a flat roof? I figure OSB and standard shingles for the roof. I will wire it and I bet I can get a goot portion of the wire and boxes free. I fact, don't even include electricity. No insulation and no drywall. I like to freeze my ass off, that or save money.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:16:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave15:
Go to your local building supply house (84 Lumber,dean,etc-whatever your local equivalent is).Most will/can spec out a prepackaged "kit" that is cheaper than doing it yourself.And,resize that door if you EVER plan on pulling anything inside.

ETA: nice to have a three course of block of so, before going to stick.Makes for tighter,dryer building.

Why resize the door I thought a standard door was 16'x8'. I am just going higher?

About the block, I was acutally going to ask that. Can I lay block around the pad. I would like to do one couse anyways, if not two. Our house is showing right about 1.75, so it is a toss up. But if I go 2 then I only need 2x4x8s.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:26:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By enigma2y0u:
I had a pad poured a while back and this spring we are hoping to be able to afford to throw up the garage.

How much would you suspect materials for a garage that is 26'x36', 10' 2x4 walls, 1 16'x9' door, 2 man doors, 2 small windows, vinal siding?

i can't seem to find anything useful online. I know I will have to go talk to a store and order exact materials, but does someone have a ballbark guess

Check with Lowes/Home Depot/84 Lumber/etc. They should all have complete garage "kits" which include everything needed except for the concrete slab. They are avail in all different sizes also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:31:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:39:02 AM EDT

Why resize the door I thought a standard door was 16'x8'. I am just going higher?

About the block, I was acutally going to ask that. Can I lay block around the pad. I would like to do one couse anyways, if not two. Our house is showing right about 1.75, so it is a toss up. But if I go 2 then I only need 2x4x8s.

I think a standard garage door is 16 x 7. Kinda short for some toys.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:45:40 AM EDT

Never mind.Misread your initial post.Carry on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:16:59 PM EDT
Let me know if you are going to sell it . I have been trying to buy a nice garage for years . I scour the paper and show up every time and it is always the same thing when I ask to buy ." Are you a fucking moron . I am not selling my garage you fucking idiot ."

WHY DO THEY KEEP SAYING IT IS A GARAGE SALE WHEN THEY WONT SELL IT !!!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT by Backstop]
enigma2y0u,

I was trying to find "garage kit" at Home Depot, and found a bunch of garage kits - metal type bldgs -over at Ebay.

Search Ebay with: "garage kit"
Top Top