Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 11:06:17 AM EDT
Tropical Storm Zeta, that's right Zeta formed today in the Atlantic. Max susstained winds of 50 mph.
Holy Cow.

M4-AK

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT30/refresh/AL3005W5_sm2+gif/174707W_sm.gif
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm laughing because anger does nothing right now
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush's last ditch effort for the end of the year.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like this one is heading for the Atlantic coast.  The Haliburton Hurricane Machine must be perfected.  Soon New York will be obliterated.

PS.  No offense to the New Yorkers, but we had to get Hillary somehow.  Ya'll are just in the way.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh oh. The crazy guy's predictions may come true. If this storm does what the guy said it would, I'm going to become extremely religious in the next couple weeks. If this is truly the last storm of the year, it is supposed to become huge and obliterate everything along I-4 as it makes it's way across FL

(Not my words, just what I heard)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uh oh. The crazy guy's predictions may come true. If this storm does what the guy said it would, I'm going to become extremely religious in the next couple weeks. If this is truly the last storm of the year, it is supposed to become huge and obliterate everything along I-4 as it makes it's way across FL

From a friend of your cousin?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Context please? What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Another tropical storm in the atlantic ocean...and it's almost january....and it seems to be making a beeline for the east coast of the united states? You've got to be $h!tt!ng me!?!?!?!?![
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The new material for you hat just came in...

What sanitarium would you like it sent to?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
So does he next storm have to be names Aaron?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
There was this guy who came in every Tuesday who ordered food and while he waited he would spout off predictions. Said he would talk to God at 3 a.m. and He would show him the future. Made a thread about it a while ago that I would update with his new stuff but I guess it was deleted for being too old. Some funny stuff and one of them was the last hurricane of the year would desimate FL and would follow a major interstate road going east to west.

He had some funny ones.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There was this guy who came in every Tuesday who ordered food and while he waited he would spout off predictions. Said he would talk to God at 3 a.m. and He would show him the future. Made a thread about it a while ago that I would update with his new stuff but I guess it was deleted for being too old. Some funny stuff and one of them was the last hurricane of the year would desimate FL and would follow a major interstate road going east to west.

He had some funny ones.

Well,ummm, no offense but I tend to be somewhat skeptical of most so-called "prophets"and I would imagine that most other arfcommers would tend to be skeptical of this type of stuff as well. So, in light of that, here's a little test for your friend (or whoever he is): Before we all start really worrying about this latest hurricane and the doom and gloom it might bring....let's first analyze your prophet guys prognostication record so far as it stands today. Has any of his other predictions come true and, if so, how many came true and what were the results of each of his true predictions? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to separate the false prophets from the real ones and the only way to really do that is to look at each individuals "prophet/prognostication/prediction record" or, in other words (to use a sports analogy), what does his win-loss-tie column look like?

BTW, I'm actually trying to be serious (yet still very skeptical) here and I'm not trying to flame you or your prophet friend and I'm also not trying to be a troll or anything. I'm just a very, very, very, very skeptical observer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

From a reliable source in South Florida?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

nope - Zeta is not the end of the Greek alphabet...  the next one - God forbid - would be Eta.  Then Theta, then Iota, then Kappa...  then we just sit in awe that we have to keep going...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope - Zeta is not the end of the Greek alphabet...  the next one - God forbid - would be Eta.  Then Theta, then Iota, then Kappa...  then we just sit in awe that we have to keep going...

sorority gal?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#15]
From www.nws.noaa.gov

Has there ever been a Tropical Storm so late in the year before?
in 1954, Hurricane Alice2 developed on Dec 30th and lasted until Jan 6, 1955. Alice2 reached Category 1 hurricane intensity.
In 1978, Sub-Tropical Storm 1 developed Jan 18 and lasted until Jan 23. This system reached Tropical Storm intensity.

Also, the storm poses NO threat to the mainland US

still....geez...let it go already!

WBK

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
From www.nws.noaa.gov

in 1954, Hurricane Alice2 developed on Dec 30th and lasted until Jan 6, 1955. Alice2 reached Category 1 hurricane intensity.
In 1978, Sub-Tropical Storm 1 developed Jan 18 and lasted until Jan 23. This system reached Tropical Storm intensity.

WBK

How long do the hurricane cycles last?  Because there was a 23 year break between the first two, and then a 28 year break between this one and the last one.  IIRC the cycles did last something like 25 years.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#17]

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From www.nws.noaa.gov

WBK

But before about 1970 we didn't have good enough satellites, or satellite coverage or sophisticated weather bouys to find these sorts of storms way out in the ocean.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Its the Hurricanse season that wont quit.

Quick send mother nature the notice that hurricane season is over
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
From www.nws.noaa.gov

WBK

But before about 1970 we didn't have good enough satellites, or satellite coverage or sophisticated weather bouys to find these sorts of storms way out in the ocean.

GunLvr

That is a damn good point
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He had some funny ones.

Well,ummm, no offense but I tend to be somewhat skeptical of most so-called "prophets"and I would imagine that most other arfcommers would tend to be skeptical of this type of stuff as well. So, in light of that, here's a little test for your friend (or whoever he is): Before we all start really worrying about this latest hurricane and the doom and gloom it might bring....let's first analyze your prophet guys prognostication record so far as it stands today. Has any of his other predictions come true and, if so, how many came true and what were the results of each of his true predictions? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to separate the false prophets from the real ones and the only way to really do that is to look at each individuals "prophet/prognostication/prediction record" or, in other words (to use a sports analogy), what does his win-loss-tie column look like?

BTW, I'm actually trying to be serious (yet still very skeptical) here and I'm not trying to flame you or your prophet friend and I'm also not trying to be a troll or anything. I'm just a very, very, very, very skeptical observer.

All my posts about this are jokes. While I always like to listen to him to see what he can come up with, I've never taken him seriously. If you had seen my previous posts about this you'd see some of the funny stuff he's said and how we all joked about it. Actually haven't seen him in a while and this post just reminded me it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
If another one spawns next week, I nominate it as the 1st one of the 2006 season.  The 2005 season is OVER and there's been WAY too many already.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Bring it here to Pensascola, FL  we can handle anything
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bring it here to Pensascola, FL  we can handle anything

Well, it might as well come on down your way because y'all should know how to deal with 'em by now. Lord knows y'all have had plenty of practice over the last couple of years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top