Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my own secret plans to invade canada, i have been working on it for 3 years, i plan to do it alone.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The running joke when I was growing up in MI was that every year Michigan was planning on invading Canada during deer season since we already had 'a million armed men in the field'. But the story goes, we annually decided against it because we'd all just have to give it back to them once the season was over and the beer runs out.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Back then, the Naval War college studied possible wars against everyone.  It was finally decided that Orange (Japan) was the most likely enemy against whom the US would have to wage a NAVAL war.  There's a good book, War Plan Orange, published by the Naval Institute Press.  Check it out at your local library.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think a modern war plan would involve waiting for winter. All the Canadians would be in Florida, and we could sneak in and grab the place while they were gone.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Back then, the Naval War college studied possible wars against everyone.  It was finally decided that Orange (Japan) was the most likely enemy against whom the US would have to wage a NAVAL war.  There's a good book, War Plan Orange, published by the Naval Institute Press.  Check it out at your local library.

In fact Admiral Nimitz reactivated War Plan Orange when the Pacific Fleet received its` major reinforcements in 1943. The central pacific drive was Orange updated, spearheaded by carriers instead of battleships. tarawa being attacked first because its` airfield threatened the US-Australia sea lanes like Guadalcanal did. Other than that, he followed the plan almost to the letter. In fact the Battle of the Phillipine Sea was fought in the predicted area around Guam, where the US Naval War College predicted the decisive battle of a US-Japan trans-pacific war would be fought.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think it would go something like this, 30 guys with body armor and M-4s ride into downtown Montreal get out and say, "We have invaded your country, please surender"

Naw just a fat sheriff and the waitress from cheers

Canadian Bacon
pretty funny just overlook that Micheal Moore wrote and directed it
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Can't we just GIVE the people of Detroit to Canada?
"Here ya go Canack, now go and ship them to your artic territory"

Would the US take Quebec City/Montreal in trade?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you suggesting that Canadians walk amongst us?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top