BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The traditional southern belle that your thinking of is deader than the t-rex.

for the most part thats true...southern women are very very smart about things tho..they know how to be extremly sweet when they want to get things and use their good looks and southern style...and they most certainly cook better food...and yes they do make better gfs/wives    much much better
the south has always been and always will be the best place in the US
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That being said, I have no idea if southern women are generally better than northern women or not. I spent a few years in NC and didn't really see any difference in the things I look for as being important to a good wife.

Like jblachly said, maybe it has changed. Everyone in this country is so selfish anymore.
I dated about 50 women from WI and then more than that in the south(mostly SC) and a few from other regions. Glad I married a Southern Belle for sure. In all honesty, after dating women from all over the country the ones in the NE are probably the last I would date again though I very nearly did ask one from MA to marry me. She was a real sweetheart. Not many up there though. I spent 4 days in a U of Conn girls dorm one time when I was an AWOL Marine. That's another story though.

I just think it's hard to find a good woman period. All I really care about is that I have one.

I hear ya bud. Tough to find a good one. When you do, hang on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the most part thats true...southern women are very very smart about things tho..they know how to be extremly sweet when they want to get things and use their good looks and southern style...and they most certainly cook better food...and yes they do make better gfs/wives    much much better

I dunno, I like the geography and weather of other parts much better, but not the inhabitants
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That being said, I have no idea if southern women are generally better than northern women or not. I spent a few years in NC and didn't really see any difference in the things I look for as being important to a good wife.

Like jblachly said, maybe it has changed. Everyone in this country is so selfish anymore.
I dated about 50 women from WI and then more than that in the south(mostly SC) and a few from other regions. Glad I married a Southern Belle for sure. In all honesty, after dating women from all over the country the ones in the NE are probably the last I would date again though I very nearly did ask one from MA to marry me. She was a real sweetheart. Not many up there though. I spent 4 days in a U of Conn girls dorm one time when I was an AWOL Marine. That's another story though.

I just think it's hard to find a good woman period. All I really care about is that I have one.

AWOL???
Bad Marine...no rapier for you!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno, I like the geography and weather of other parts much better, but not the inhabitants

I hear ya.
It is interesting to here all of the people I know who go down south talk about their experiences with the people down there and how friendly they are. Been telling them that for years!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The further South the better

wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminet/pix/map/Mexico.jpg

that will be my next choice.

when you've decided there aren't any good wives there either, then will you realize part of the problem is you?

na, yours seems to be doing just fine for me at the moment

LOL you're welcome to myex-wife.  The two of you would make a good couple.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

aw hell yeah! second bigest state second populated state but we got the biggest bragers in the world

nobody can lie and bullshit more then a texan
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AWOL???
Bad Marine...no rapier for you!

LMAO.
I knew how to kick ass, all that mattered IMO.
And I never, ever claimed to be a good boy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Meanest thing a guy can do is offer his ex to another guy...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, my ex is from NJ.  Seems their women are in line with the gun laws.  

Current (and keeper) wife is from Iowa.  Something about a small town girl that's appealing and down right down-to-earth.

Plus, my "big city ways" always impress her....   NOT!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

---snip---

I wish they all could be california
(girls, girls, girls yeah I dig the)

Thanks ... I already had that song in my head prior to reading this far into the thread.

The dang pom-pom squad at my Chicago-land high school danced to this song ...

I'm here to help.  Patty
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea no shit, and i keep getting offers................................
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Ya know what?  I have no self esteem issues with people that I don't know from a hole in the wall.  What I have issue with is the random generalizations that come from people on this site.  Say what you want about women from New England.  My boyfriend thinks I'm an awfully good catch (as he should), and my late husband thought I was an angel sent from God.  

There's good women and good men everywhere you go.  If perhaps you don't like some of the traits that come with regional influences, then by all means, look elsewhere.  But saying "northern women" are good for nothing is an insult in my book.  And I retorted with an insult back.  As we northern women will.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea no shit, and i keep getting offers................................

Dude...don't drink any beer he offers you either...just a hunch!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]
The south is the greatest area of the nation.  The people are generally more friendly, I'll never leave Arkansas for more than a vacation.  Not many people her appreciate it, but I do.  At the shop yesterday there were 3 people that worked in a shop in Chicago.  They came to get ink(the shop I frequent has a good rep) aside from barely being able to understand them, they were dicks lol.  They kept commenting about how friendly we were.  Freaked me out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
No.  BTDT.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
well the northern ones arent worth a fuck

I'm sure you're not worth a second glance, never mind a fuck.

DOH!  [Chris rock] Raven just got knocked the fuck out! [/Chris Rock]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The south is the greatest area of the nation.  The people are generally more friendly, I'll never leave Arkansas for more than a vacation.  Not many people her appreciate it, but I do.  At the shop yesterday there were 3 people that worked in a shop in Chicago.  They came to get ink(the shop I frequent has a good rep) aside from barely being able to understand them, they were dicks lol.  They kept commenting about how friendly we were.  Freaked me out.

Chicago is absolutely chock full of assholes. No one in the rest of the midwest can stand them so don't lump the rest of us in with them!
People in the South are friendlier though. In my experience the women like being women. It has been a couple of decades since I lived there though.

When I worked in one of the labs I did before medschool I was the only guy with 15 women. They all thought I was a male chauvinist. No fucking shit! Anyway, one of them asked me oneday what I would do if I woke up one morning and was a woman. They all perked up and started milling around. I said I would shoot myself. Should have seen the looks. Told them I liked being stronger, faster and smarter. LMAO.
Then I asked them, if they could choose, whether they'd rather be a man or a woman. All but one said a man, hands down. So I told them if they were women and didn't like being one, what the Hell made them think I wanted to be one? That shut 'em up. And we all know how difficult it is to shut a woman up, much less 15 of them.
I worked there for 4 years and then went to medschool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I’m down there

The mid-west farmer’s daughters really make you feel alright
And the northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

I wish they all could be california girls

The west coast has the sunshine
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french bikini on hawaii island
Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn’t wait to get back in the states
Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be california girls

Ya beat me to it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

when you've decided there aren't any good wives there either, then will you realize part of the problem is you?

na, yours seems to be doing just fine for me at the moment

Oh man, this shit just gets better!

Raven, bruddah, just cut yer losses in this thread and run. I invision flying shoes in your future!

Bro, I've mixed up with the Southern Chicks many a times and they TOO were PITAs, I finaly hitched up a New Yawker yankee type chick, 15 years, she still refuses to leave no matter how mean and obnoxious I get and last I heard, NY is pretty damned NORTH. So much for the punani geography lesson, eh?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have never seen a more incorrect statement in my life.

Wait a minute..............

I just called #2 daughter, home on break from her senior year in Tuscaloosa (U of A).

Survey SEZ: False . I then asked her to rank her certainty, 1-10, 10 being "Handed down from MT Sinai."  

"8.5"

Quoted:
As someone from the south, I'd say yes if you can put up with the "I'm a princess" complex, the expectation that you'll treat them as the center of your world like their daddy did, and a lot of selfishness.  Some guys just don't have the patience to handle that.z

Bingo. I've also heard #2 marvel about this syndrome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Alabama has em all then.  Arkansas has a ton of meth-heads, "country" girls that are so far away from country it's laughable,  I mean come on, how can a girl claim to be country wearing FUBU, a sideways hat and doesn't shave her legs or pits? and tons and tons of just outright bitches n pyschos.  No true southern belle's left here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never seen a more incorrect statement in my life.

Wait a minute..............

I just called #2 daughter, home on break from her senior year in Tuscaloosa (U of A).

Survey SEZ: False . I then asked her to rank her certainty, 1-10, 10 being "Handed down from MT Sinai."  

"8.5"

Daughters not-with-standing of course.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I have supped on maidenly musk around the world and are of the opinion that a Good Woman makes the best lover, wife and mother...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Alabama has em all then.  Arkansas has a ton of meth-heads, "country" girls that are so far away from country it's laughable,  I mean come on, how can a girl claim to be country wearing FUBU, a sideways hat and doesn't shave her legs or pits? and tons and tons of just outright bitches n pyschos. No true southern belle's left here.

My previous reply in no way meant we don't have a ton of those too.

Posting from the "Heart of Sand Meth Mountain"............
callgood
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure she don't vote Democrat.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Then I asked them, if they could choose, whether they'd rather be a man or a woman. All but one said a man, hands down. So I told them if they were women and didn't like being one, what the Hell made them think I wanted to be one? That shut 'em up. And we all know how difficult it is to shut a woman up, much less 15 of them.
I worked there for 4 years and then went to medschool.

I'd rather be female: breasts aren't distracting to me. My husband would give me the Sears Tower if I have on a lowcut dress and the right bra.
Nope...Females DEFINITELY have the upper hand, er breast...er...well, you get the picture.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So much for the punani geography lesson, eh?

Quoted:
I have supped on maidenly musk around the world and are of the opinion that a Good Woman makes the best lover, wife and mother...

Damn...no more room in my Sigline!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

................I'd rather be female: breasts aren't distracting to me. My husband would give me the Sears Tower if I have on a lowcut dress and the right bra.
Nope...Females DEFINITELY have the upper hand, er breast...er...well, you get the picture.

I've thought about this. It's a good thing I wasn't born female. I'd just sit around and play with my boobies all day. Never get anything done............
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

................I'd rather be female: breasts aren't distracting to me. My husband would give me the Sears Tower if I have on a lowcut dress and the right bra.

I've thought about this. It's a good thing I wasn't born female. I'd just sit around and play with my boobies all day. Never get anything done............

AHA!!!!!

Exhibit A, Ladies and booby swayed Gentlemen!

Boobs are the reason I killed my celtic claymore chick avatar: more IM's than I could shake a stick at!
Some telling me her boobs were too small, some telling me her girlyness distracted them from my oh-so-girly posting style.

Boobs:
men see them, then become them.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmm..not based on who my brothers dated in 20 years split about evenly between Atlanta and GA. It took a transplanted NJ woman to reel him in this year.
But then I believe a persons  marriage potential has little to do with their location.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Mines great!  She came with her own slaves and plantation.  A good deal in anybodies book!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Mines great!  She came with her own slaves and plantation.  A good deal in anybodies book!

Can't beat that deal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I married a southern girl-from South Korea,that is. No regrets after 30 years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ya know what?  I have no self esteem issues with people that I don't know from a hole in the wall.  What I have issue with is the random generalizations that come from people on this site.  Say what you want about women from New England.  My boyfriend thinks I'm an awfully good catch (as he should), and my late husband thought I was an angel sent from God.  

There's good women and good men everywhere you go.  If perhaps you don't like some of the traits that come with regional influences, then by all means, look elsewhere.  But saying "northern women" are good for nothing is an insult in my book.  And I retorted with an insult back.  As we northern women will.

That's (northern) COLD!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Great women make great wives, and there are great women all over the country.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I lOVE my stuck up Connecticut Yankee snob - she's the cat's meow! I think she may be a better shot with a scoped rifle than I am, too.

I can outshoot her with irons, and on the pistol range.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]
There's an awful lot of PWT in the south.

Get you an Eastern European or an Asian woman.

True, But there's probably even more disease in
Eastern Europe and Aidsia, um, I mean Asia.

It seems like marriages work even better when the two people
can ACTUALLY speak the same language, too!

Granted, women from Eastern Europe and Asia are skinnier; this is because they're hungry.

B_S
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Well yes.. but they gain those extra pounds really quick after the ring too!

Southern women or Mexican women?

I've noticed the majority of Mexican women I've known hit 45-50 Y.O. and swell up like wet rice.
Incidentially, that is also about the time they start to raise their grandchildren.

B_S
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
In general, would you guys say that southern women make better wives/mothers than northern women?

Just wondering.

Who the heck in their right mind would marry a d@mnyankee?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Southern Foreign, non-english speaking Women make better wives?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
In general, would you guys say that southern women make better wives/mothers than northern women?

Just wondering.

They're less educated and are probably more submissive to their husbands.

True, But there's probably even more disease in
Eastern Europe and Aidsia, um, I mean Asia.

Uh, by Asia what are we talking? What comes to mind is Japan or South Korea and possibly China. Sure if you're talking about Thailand or Cambodia maybe AIDS is an issue.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Cute joke, but if you really thought about it, if you were born a women you'd probably be thinking about playing with men....  

On second though just go play with your boobies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
As someone from the south, I'd say yes if you can put up with the "I'm a princess" complex, the expectation that you'll treat them as the center of your world like their daddy did, and a lot of selfishness.  Some guys just don't have the patience to handle that.z

^  And how.

Ops
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top