Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2005 9:53:39 AM EDT
Okay as a professional dog trainer you'd think I would be ready for anything.  Well I lived under that cloud of assumption for a long while now too but that reality has now been shattered.  

I have a new dog over for training.  The dog is actually pretty nice boy but has had no training AT ALL.  He does not know come, sit, stay, heel, down, off, kennel, nothing.  Zip [he's a year old].

What's he doing you ask to drive me nuts?

He won't stop humping the dog bed.  He's nailing it for all he's worth.    I've never seen this before.  I've taken the bed away from him and he still humps the spot where the bed was.  I've finally had to put a shock collar on him and zap him everytime he goes near that spot.

Crazy dog.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
get him a girlfriend
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Get him a girl dog.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get him a girl dog.

oh yes that's a trait I want to pass on!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#4]
shoot him
only kidding
get him fixed
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get him a girl dog.

you dont have to
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My golden lab puppy is 2.5 months old and has a favorite chew toy he like to hunch on.  I have tried to stop it, but it is no use.  But JEEBUS, he started this at 2 months!!!  WTF?  The other eve I was watching TV on the couch, he was on the love seat (ironically) chewing on the toy.  He then got up, walked around it and commenced working the toy (a sheep no less!).  I yelled at him to stop which he did.  A minute later, he did it again.  I again yelled no and he stopped.  This happened about 4 more times until I finally said, if you are that damned horny, get it out of your system.  I let him go.  About 2 minutes later he flopped onto the sofa on his back, arms and legs outstretched and let out a noticeable exhale.  Almost a sigh of relief.  

I laughed my ass off!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#7]
The poor dog needs to get laid
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get him a girl dog.

you dont have to

They're meat scented!

DV9 I would recommend having your pup's urine drawn, its not normal for babies to do that.  Chances are he has a yeast infection.  Its actually fairly common in young pups.  

I would neuter this dog if he was mine but he's not.  He's about the equivelent of a 14 year old boy.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to have a male Finnish Spitz that LOVED to hump the back of one of my Himalayan/Persian cats. He was a BIG cat too, and terrorized the other cats. But reluctantly let the dog hump his back. I tried to stop it, but he kept at it. He was fixed too. Boys will be boyz...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Put the zap collar on his pecker.

Bet you'll have to only zap ONCE!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Perhaps a bit of kindness will alter his behavior.

Offer him your leg

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Come on Patty, Give a dog a bone.......

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#14]
When I 1st read this I crackedup laughing. However I wish I had an answer for you. We had a Jack/Fox Terrier mix that had a case of the humpies. We had him fixed and that didn't matter to him. He settled down but the funny thing was he didn't bother myself, Daughter, Son just my Wife. My MRS. is a little Italian woman so when Buttons went after her She knocked him on his ass. He gave up!

Seriously, can this be a dominate Male thing? Since he is new to his surroundings maybe he just wants to be top dog. I had a pure bred Beagle that wanted to hump things. So I gave him a job chasing rabbits and squirrels. I ran him ragged and he was too tired to do anything...Good Luck Patty!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow! You're a Professional Dog Trainer too?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Tape a balloon to the floor at his "spot" and let him hump away.  After he pops a few he should get the message.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My golden lab puppy is 2.5 months old and has a favorite chew toy he like to hunch on.  I have tried to stop it, but it is no use.  But JEEBUS, he started this at 2 months!!!  WTF?  The other eve I was watching TV on the couch, he was on the love seat (ironically) chewing on the toy.  He then got up, walked around it and commenced working the toy (a sheep no less!).  I yelled at him to stop which he did.  A minute later, he did it again.  I again yelled no and he stopped.  This happened about 4 more times until I finally said, if you are that damned horny, get it out of your system.  I let him go.  About 2 minutes later he flopped onto the sofa on his back, arms and legs outstretched and let out a noticeable exhale.  Almost a sigh of relief.  

I laughed my ass off!!

That is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Send it to a trainer or buy a book.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When I 1st read this I crackedup laughing. However I wish I had an answer for you. We had a Jack/Fox Terrier mix that had a case of the humpies. We had him fixed and that didn't matter to him. He settled down but the funny thing was he didn't bother myself, Daughter, Son just my Wife. My MRS. is a little Italian woman so when Buttons went after her She knocked him on his ass. He gave up!

Seriously, can this be a dominate Male thing? Since he is new to his surroundings maybe he just wants to be top dog. I had a pure bred Beagle that wanted to hump things. So I gave him a job chasing rabbits and squirrels. I ran him ragged and he was too tired to do anything...Good Luck Patty!

It certainly can be a dominate male thing.  In your dog's case it probably is.  In Charlie's case I think its more to do with us having a bitch inseason [that no doubt slept in that bed] and being a teenage boy.

1Shott you're too much!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

keep up. She is a trainer.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Daisy, Great sigline btw!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got your back, Patty.  I got a new avatar, too!  

BTW, hope you're feeling better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got your back, Patty.  I got a new avatar, too!  

BTW, hope you're feeling better.

Thank you very much!  I love the new avatar but I must admit [call me crazy] but I loved the bobbing kittens!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top