Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 8:15:13 PM EDT
of  diabetes   kinda ironic ....don't ya think ?

Linky

Michael Vale, the actor best known for portraying sleepy-eyed Fred the Baker in Dunkin' Donuts commercials, has died at age 83.

Vale died Saturday in New York City of complications from diabetes, son-in law Rick Reil said.

Ads featuring Fred, who uttered the trademark line "Time to make the doughnuts," ran for 15 years until Vale retired in 1997.

Canton, Mass.-based Dunkin' Donuts said in a statement that Vale's character "became a beloved American icon that permeated our culture and touched millions with his sense of humor and humble nature."

Vale was born in Brooklyn and studied acting at the Dramatic Workshop in New York City with classmates Tony Curtis, Ben Gazzara and Rod Steiger.

A veteran of the Broadway stage, film and television, Vale appeared in more than 1,300 TV commercials. His movie roles included a jewelry salesman in "Marathon Man." He also appeared in "Guerrilla Girl," a 1953 movie starring Helmut Dantine, and "A Hatful of Rain" (1957), starring Don Murray and Eva Marie Saint.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember those Dunkin' Donuts commercials.

Was a lot less annoying than the "Where's the beef" crap.

Sometimes I still say "Time to make the donuts."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a shock, cause I thought he was dead already.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sometimes I still say "Time to make the donuts."

Anytime I have to get up really early for work I say it to myself
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
of  diabetes   kinda ironic ....don't ya think ?

I was guessing a heart attack...

Oh well..83 is pretty old...gotta go somehow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top