Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 5:47:02 PM EDT
Got curious about the guy and just finished reading the books and watching the movie. A lot of people described him as troubled, naive, a con-artist, deluded, self-absorbed, misquided, etc. and I would now heartily agree with all of those. But what none of his biographers mentioned is that if the guy was any more flaming gay, he'd have an afterburner. Anyone else seen the movie and reached the same conclusion?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought he had a girlfriend when he died.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought he had a girlfriend when he died.

I work with a lot of gay male flight attendants who were married and have kids.

Watch the movie, it's entertaining if nothing else. It's like Sigfried and Roy go to Alaska.

ETA and one of the ex-girlfriends they interviewed claimed they were "purely platonic". And the other ex was a "fag hag" if I've ever seen one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I know foreign women who married gays to get citizenship.  point taken.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
"The Grizzly Man", Timothy Treadwell.

All I know is, he ended up as food, then bear shit.

He was an idiot, got an innocent killed and traumatized a whole bunch of people with his stupidity. Just a matter of time. Darwin smiles.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I am watching it right now.  He seems pretty flaming.  Either way he is a messed up guy and I would have to say he is a major dumb ass.  What he saw was damn cool but I would have had my Marlin guide gun and .454 revolver with me at all times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You already have a nice Grizzly man thread going here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=421489
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top