Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Scarecrow, that is one SWEET lookin rifle!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lets see, if I was in the US, for 1400$ I could either get:
A) a G3 with US receiver with accesories
B) Preban AR15 with accesories
C) a FAL with with tons of mags and accesories
D) a preban HK91
E) preban FNC
F) alot of other battle proven designed postbans with enough accesories to take over Canada
G) a M96
Question: Unless you own everything from A) to F) Why buy one?
Answer: YOUR FUCKING DUMB
Here are some pics of a Canadian'ized M96
[url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=242458&a=2201919&f=0&sp=1&showall=true[/url]
unfortunetly that would be illegal to do stateside
BTW robarm doesnt even chrome line the barrel, for that price they are FUCKING stupid.
View Quote

Scarecow,

So dipshit, don't buy one.

We get it, we are all dumb asses for owning one.  Thanks for enlightening us Einstein.  If you can't afford one just say so, don't make up excuses.  What a stupid f-ck.  

Ghostface asked, "Would you trust your life with an M96? Thanks for your input."  and we have and I would.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
AHAHAHA
Calling me a dipshit cause I pointed out the truth. Man QCMGR if your so pissed off you wasted that much money when you could have had 100 different better rifles then go take it out on a target at the range, its not my fault you bought a 500$ rifle for 1400$.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AHAHAHA
Calling me a dipshit cause I pointed out the truth. Man QCMGR if your so pissed off you wasted that much money when you could have had 100 different better rifles then go take it out on a target at the range, its not my fault you bought a 500$ rifle for 1400$.
View Quote

I’m not pissed off, I am pointing out the obvious.  You are right.  We are all suckers and dumb-asses.  I would not pay $1400 either.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unless you are building a benchrest rifle the M96 kicks AR-15 butt.    The barrel is quickly removeable.  
View Quote

This one ALWAYS kills me. The barrel comes out, and that's a GOOD thing??? [}:D]  I prefer to SHOOT the enemy, NOT club them to death with my barrel. I've even heard of the barrel "self-ejecting."

The buttstock is hardy and if broken does not render the rifle inoperative.
View Quote

The buttstock breaking SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A QUESTION. And its FAR from "hardy." Its more like "hardly." [:D]

Its amazing what people will put up with to justify paying WAY more for a rifle than they should have.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
i have two, very early models, i also own fn,s and ar,s. i like all three types. we all know the capabilities of the ar's and fn's. i have found the m96 to be a superb shooter, and tend to take it to the range more often than not. if you can afford it, get one for your collection and have something different.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Garandman, I only added the quickchange barrel for the 'wish I could afford an M60', 1000rds an hour, barrel melter types on the board.  I am not sure what the beef is about the stock.  It is just as strong as an AR-15 (believe me, my friend who bought it was not convinced either until we proof tested it) but has no essential workings inside.  I have only been on this board for a little over a year but I have heard several concerns about broken stocks WTSHTF.  I know it is not an exact copy of the 63 but it is closer to the latest Stoner design 5.56.  Laugh all you want.  From the battle rifle standpoint it is better than the AR-15 and those with money are willing to buy the better rifle.  P.S. I already admitted it is not a benchrest rifle and benchrest rifles are not combat rifles.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
benchrest rifles are not combat rifles? I guess everyone should get rid of their AR15 because it can shoot MOA, real weapons of war have 10 MOA and should not be capable of hitting targets that arent within 5 feet!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Garandman, I only added the quickchange barrel for the 'wish I could afford an M60', 1000rds an hour, barrel melter types on the board.
View Quote

Which basically I agree with. AS I said, its gadgety. I just don't see that feature as justifying a $1,400 price tag. And since its only semiauto, barrel change is overkill. its like a Yugo with lowprofile PZero Yokohama $300 each racing tires. Silly IMO.

I am not sure what the beef is about the stock.  It is just as strong as an AR-15 (believe me, my friend who bought it was not convinced either until we proof tested it)
View Quote

I have certain standards for a rifle I pay more that $1,000 for, namely:

1. MUST have windage and elevation adjustable sights. I have the same beef with the FAL, which is why I will not go any higher than the $795 I paid for my STG58.

2. Solid all around. that buttstock is NOT solid. I wiggled it in my hand. Its thin as a rail. Add $30 to the price tag, and get a AR / FAL quality buttstock. How about this?? RObinson Arm could drop the silly barrel change, and put a decent stock on there, AND reduce the price, AND make a higher profit margin on the rifle.. I've see the stock with my own eyes, and touched it with my own hands. Not real assuring.

From the battle rifle standpoint it is better than the AR-15 and those with money are willing to buy the better rifle.  P.S. I already admitted it is not a benchrest rifle and benchrest rifles are not combat rifles.  Planerench out.
View Quote

OK, its a better battlerifle.

How often do you find yourself on the battlefield??? (Other than here [:D] )How often do you find yourself "benchresting / accuracy shooting??

It would be GREAT to have a snowmobile. I live in S Carolina, and don't find myself in need of it. WHY would someone justify paying $1,400 for a rifle designed for a situation they NEVER find themselves in?? ONLY becasue its a free country.

basically, I appaud RobArms innovation. Hey, go for it, I say. I'm just telling you why I'd never buy one in its current configuration. this is an opinion board isn't it???? {[:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
If they change the config they will charge more for something that isnt even worth the price its at.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with you Garandman.  I am not dissing the -15 in benchrest config or in any config (damn why do some people blow things so out of proportion?) 1.5MOA is battle rifle stuff.  .5MOA is bench rifle stuff.  An eight pound barrel on a scope equiped, stainless steel receivered, target cheekpad, feed the rounds one at a time, clean between each five rounds, AR-15, is NOT A BATTLE RIFLE.

The M96 is a throw in salt water for two weeks, dropped from the door of the chopper, dam butt got run over by a jeep, 1000rds melted the barrel just pop it off and chuck it drop in another, adjust the gas system haven't cleaned since the firefight started last night, no none of us are likely to need anytime soon rifle!

And talk about overpriced!  Can you say BARRETT?  I'll never need one.  But oh baby if I could afford it!

One last thing, why pay any more for a preban when you have lottery odds of getting prosecuted (even less with Ascroft in the attorney general post)?  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The M96 is a throw in salt water for two weeks, dropped from the door of the chopper, dam butt got run over by a jeep, 1000rds melted the barrel just pop it off and chuck it drop in another, adjust the gas system haven't cleaned since the firefight started last night, no none of us are likely to need anytime soon rifle!
View Quote

Actually, that's my $250 SKS. [}:D]

And talk about overpriced!  Can you say BARRETT?  I'll never need one.  But oh baby if I could afford it!
View Quote

I put the M96 in that same category.

last thing, why pay any more for a preban when you have lottery odds of getting prosecuted (even less with Ascroft in the attorney general post)?  Planerench out.
View Quote

Simple. I try to stay legal UNTIL it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay legal anymore. Preban / postban doesn't come anywhere near that line.

Not meanin' to bug ya. Just my $0.02 (see my "Whiny people" rant) [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer the AR over the M96. (shot both) but I will buy an M96 the day that belt fed comes out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
PHFFFFFTT!  BWHAHAHAHA!  Garandman...SKS .  I just spewed my Gatorade all over the place!  I am glad you are resilient.  I wasn't trying to defend this to the death either.  Again great line.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
AR-15, is NOT A BATTLE RIFLE.

The M96 is a throw in salt water for two weeks, dropped from the door of the chopper, dam butt got run over by a jeep
View Quote

Don't get all riled up planerench, but the M16/AR15 has been used in battle quite a bit whereas the Robinson has never been used in combat, so nix that statement.

As for the M96 being a 'throw salt, etc' rifle, where do you get your info from?  Since no military uses it and no one that I know of has done such a test, why would you make such a declaration?

Spend less than half that a get an AR180B with the same gas system, the sturdy buttstock, and the side charge handle that some have mentioned as positives on the M96.

One last thing, why pay any more for a preban when you have lottery odds of getting prosecuted (even less with Ascroft in the attorney general post)?
View Quote

I am not quite sure what you mean here.  If you want a preban, you have to pay the price, unless you are advocating putting preban features on a postban.  I may not like the laws, but for now I will pay the extra to have a legit preban.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
ok, i confess. i LIKE gadgets, fun to play with gadgets. guns are one of the neatest, alongside neat cars, motorcycles, planes, etc. etc. the robarms comes under the 'neat gadget' catagory. can't we at least agree on that? argue all you want, but the m96 is one heck of a fun gadget to play with. price? well, got a jet ski?, boat? how about a motorcycle? hmmmm?  and, when you get down to the nitty gritty, just how many guns do we really need???(please don't tell my wife i said this). i am going to have fun outdoors with as many toys that i can afford and use on a long weekend. the m96 is one of my favourites.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Um I don't know what to say LarryG.  You cut the adjectives and defining phrases off the front of my post and I would have to agree with what you left.  In case you missed it, my point was the difference between a sissied up rifle that is shot from a rest exclusively and a rifle designed by the creator(a little stretch I know) of the AR-15 as an evolution from the former design.  The M96 is not designed as and is not likely to become a bench rifle.

Few armies use semi-automatic Bushmasters BTW.  The M-16 in differing forms is the common military rifle.  Not to split hairs here but the 63 was prefered by the seals in Vietnam and the M96 is a representation of that rifle system.  Like I told Garandman I am not trying to defend this to the death just responding from experience to the first few negative posts on this thread.  Planerench out
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
When the M96 is like this ---> [url]http://1919a4.com/gca/monica-stoner.mpg[/url]
It will be worth 1400, until then save your cash. Oh yeah I emailed robarm, they said they are not even sure if they are going to make a belt fed and not to hold our breath.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When the M96 is like this ---> [url]http://1919a4.com/gca/monica-stoner.mpg[/url]
It will be worth 1400, until then save your cash. Oh yeah I emailed robarm, they said they are not even sure if they are going to make a belt fed and not to hold our breath.
View Quote

Check out the smile on that chick in the video!!!!!!!!

Happiness is a warm barrel!!!!!!!! (leave that ALONE guys!)

And HECK YEAH I'd pay $1,400 for that setup!! Several times!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#20]
The people at robarm say they modelled the gun after a stoner design, which is evident from the non-chrome lined barrel, but what I don't get is if its in any way close to the 63 model, why cant they make it belt fed? Hell Ares defense took a weapon that has never had a well working belt fed conversion and they made one, but robarm already has a rifle based on a design that has had belt fed mechanism, its not like they have to use their brains and "invent" anything. Can you say S T U P I D
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Check out the smile on that chick in the video!!!!!!!!
View Quote

To heck with the smile, check out the bod.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Scarecrow,

Think you’re so clever, why don’t you build a Stoner 63 clone from scratch, sell it
for $500 and run Robinson Arms out of business?  And while you’re at it, build a
reliable belt fed conversion for $250.

You don’t have a clue what it takes to design, manufacture, finance, and manage a
project like that do you?

As for the Ares, seen one for sale yet, and at what price?

The M96 is a unique rifle for the American civilian market.  It offers collectors
and small arms enthusiasts the opportunity for something they would never have
otherwise.  If you can’t appreciate that, don’t buy one.  By your lame logic why
would anyone buy a Porsche Boxster when they could have two Ford Mustangs.
I’ll tell you why, because we can.

And stop the comparison to the AR-180B.  The AR-180B is a poor copy of an
inferior weapon.  If you want an AR-180 step up the plate and buy a real one.

RK    
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lets see, if I was in the US, for 1400$ I could either get:
A) a G3 with US receiver with accesories
B) Preban AR15 with accesories
C) a FAL with with tons of mags and accesories
D) a preban HK91
E) preban FNC
F) alot of other battle proven designed postbans with enough accesories to take over Canada
G) a M96
Question: Unless you own everything from A) to F) Why buy one?
Answer: YOUR FUCKING DUMB
Here are some pics of a Canadian'ized M96
[url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=242458&a=2201919&f=0&sp=1&showall=true[/url]
unfortunetly that would be illegal to do stateside
BTW robarm doesnt even chrome line the barrel, for that price they are FUCKING stupid.
View Quote

A) An abortion that nobody should have to suffer with.
B) You and everybody else in the free world.
C) See B.
D) Why would you buy one of these when you could have an A. for less money?
E) Everyone should have one, just like M96.
F) Perhaps the AR-180B, ( stop it you're scaring your government)
G) see E.

Just how many accessories does it take to overthrow Canada?
How old are you? Fourteen?

RK

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#24]
and to your last responce... I will make this simple, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? man you can't even grasp shit, also the AR180B is a gun I never mentioned and is not battle proven, go kill yourself man, or worst yet, buy a M96.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Scarecrow,

Think you’re so clever, why don’t you build a Stoner 63 clone from scratch, sell it
for $500 and run Robinson Arms out of business?  And while you’re at it, build a
reliable belt fed conversion for $250.

You don’t have a clue what it takes to design, manufacture, finance, and manage a
project like that do you?

As for the Ares, seen one for sale yet, and at what price?

The M96 is a unique rifle for the American civilian market.  It offers collectors
and small arms enthusiasts the opportunity for something they would never have
otherwise.  If you can’t appreciate that, don’t buy one.  By your lame logic why
would anyone buy a Porsche Boxster when they could have two Ford Mustangs.
I’ll tell you why, because we can.

And stop the comparison to the AR-180B.  The AR-180B is a poor copy of an
inferior weapon.  If you want an AR-180 step up the plate and buy a real one.

RK    
View Quote

Clever? If that is what it means to buy products for what they are worth then yes. And as for me making a M63 out of nothing, not even Robarm is making there gun out of nothing (But are charging everything) and this goes to show YOU DONT KNOW WHAT GOES INTO MAKING A FIREARM. As for Ares, there product will be on the market eventually, which is more then you can say for the Robarm conversion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Guys -

Your pissing contest is spraying onto some of us who WANTED to watch this one for entertainment.

Don't MAKE ME lock this thread.

Thanks in advance,

garandman
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
and to your last responce... I will make this simple, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? man you can't even grasp shit, also the AR180B is a gun I never mentioned and is not battle proven, go kill yourself man, or worst yet, buy a M96.
View Quote

Temper Temper
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Man your one fucking stupid piece of shit,
View Quote

Oh, so you are fourteen years old.

Quoted:
first off, I'll make a beltfed weapon when I feel like it,
View Quote

Talk is cheap (like your choice in guns)

Quoted:
tell then lets see you do anything but collect welfare,
View Quote

OK then, I’ll move to Canada, collect welfare, and be waiting for you to “feel like it”

Quoted:
second, they dont have to invent shit, just stick a m63 upper on there fucking lower, make a kit, change a few pieces,
View Quote

I hear Wal-Mart is having a sale on m63 belt fed conversions.
“Change a few pieces”, that’s to techinical for a “stupid piece of sh*t” like me.

Quoted:
and I don't know how much it would go for
View Quote

Yeah, I can tell.

Quoted:
but by what rifles of this sort SHOULD go for its a fucking rip off,
View Quote

Did the Yugo dealer cut you a deal when you whined this much to them?

Quoted:
and NO I WONT BUY ONE and
I have a right to explain why, ITS A RIP OFF.
If you don't like that opinion go suck a fucking cock cause I don't care,
View Quote

Don’t hold back, tell me how you really feel.

Quoted:
I'm just answering this thread to the fullest. 3rd my logic must be too advanced for you because by my logic its "why buy a ferrari when you can buy a boxter and still pay for gas". PS: GO FUCK YOURSELF [=)]
View Quote

Cause I already got one?

[b]R[/b]ighteous [b]K[/b]ill

HEY STOP CHANGING YOU POSTS!

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#29]
You made your point, RK.

Move on.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Can you prove for one second that the M96 is worth the money? No, In all your post all you do is call me a child, so in all, buy a M96 cause I'm am 14 years old according to you.... tell us when your ready to discuss subjects with the big boys.

Also, I change my post so that a simple brainded person such as yourself can understand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Mr,Moderator                                      
I do not intent to carry on this discussion with Scarecrow, nor respond to him
further.  Additionally, I would not have started this had I know he would respond
in this manner.  I only defended myself once.

I also think you’ve got wrong guy, I can carry on a civil debate.

Per your request, Moving on . .

[b]R[/b]ighteous [b]K[/b]ill
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I think we all can agree on one thing,it is an expensive rifle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Price is the determining factor between it and the AR15, but as a field rifle I guess thats a question better answered after using then gun in harsh environment with a AR15 for comparison.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]
A friend has one. They're pretty nice. As to whether they're worth the money or not, that's something everyone has to decide for themselves. If the AR-180B is sold for $500, would it be dumb to buy an AR at $700? Some people are willing to pay extra for the nice stainless steel and the inspector gadget factor, and that's fine by me. Hell, I can't understand why people pay the prices they do for double shotguns. My buddy already had an AR and wanted something that everyone else in the world didn't have. so he got an M96. I suspect most people who buy it already have one or more of the usual suspect rifles like the AR, FAL, and AK, so it's not really a question of M96 or AR as it is AR AND M96.

The stock is interchangable with the original Stoner. That makes me suspect it's close to the original, which the SEALS didn't seem to have a problem with. Has anyone handled one of the original stoners?

I'm just happy that an interesting semiauto rifle is being made and sold by an American company.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hell, I can't understand why people pay the prices they do for double shotguns.  
View Quote

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, I can't understand why people pay the prices they do for double shotguns.  
View Quote

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[:D]

View Quote

I second that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I own and have shot both AR15 and M96, and here's my 2 cents:

1. M96 has a tendency to swing left when rapid-firing.  Don't know really what's causing it, but it's a nice trick when firing full auto during an ambush.

2. Too gadgety?  Now that's pot calling kettle black, considering how many gadgets are out there for AR's.  Have you say hello to our little friend on the home page?

3. As far as being pricey, considering that AR's been around for thirty some odd years, the design is a commodity, and the initial design and tooling costs have already been paid for long time ago, and the quantity produced by various manufacturers lowers the price.  Robarms, on the other hand, has to pay for the design, tooling and manufacturing costs all by itself.  Even if they do subcontract some of the parts, those manufacturers cannot make extra parts and sell to other vendors like you would with AR's.  That's just business.

Is it worth it?  If you already have two or three AR's, it might be an interesting addition to your collection if you can afford it, like mcgredo said.  I do not believe it's an overpriced yuppy toy the same way that a SUV is.  Have you ever look at some pictures of experimental rifles that never saw light of day and though "Hey, it'd be nice to have one."  Well, I think that's what it is and now it's your chance.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#38]
mcgredo and Javak to the rescue with common sense observations![:)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

2. Too gadgety?  Now that's pot calling kettle black, considering how many gadgets are out there for AR's.  Have you say hello to our little friend on the home page?
View Quote

Your definition of "gadgety" is a bit different than mine.

To me, removable barrels and bren configs(typically ONLY seen in full auto weapons) are "gadgety" when found in semi-auto weapons. Feel free to get them if you want them, but they have no REAL function in s semi-auto.

Now, I'll agree that there are plenty of ACCESSORIES for the AR. However, I have NO accessories on my AR that I don't consider both functional and essential. I don't have a laser or a headlight on my AR, as typically I don't find myself nightfighting.

Hence, I find the bren config and the removable barrel "gadgety" and not justification of a $1,400 price tag, since those options have NO functionality for my applications.

That said, I still applaud RobArms for making this non-PC firearm. And maybe there's the value in bren and barrel swappers - they piss off the weenie PC gun haters. If YOU want them, buy a M96. But if RobArms wants ME to buy a M96, they need to scrap the "gadgets" and lower the price.

Remember, gadgets mean "breakability." This is why i don't own a car with flip up headlights - the ONLY thing that can happen with them is that they'll break. Same with "gadgety" bren and removable barrels. In my firearms, I adhere to the KISS principle.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Remember, gadgets mean "breakability." This is why i don't own a car with flip up headlights - the ONLY thing that can happen with them is that they'll break. Same with "gadgety" bren and removable barrels. In my firearms, I adhere to the KISS principle.

View Quote

Gadget - NOUN: A small specialized mechanical or electronic device; a contrivance.

No, I don't know what gadgets mean, but design intent means the function has a purpose.

Like aerodynamics.  My 2000 Corvette has pop-up headlights, the design intent is to enhance aerodynamics.  Yes, they are expensive, but it is a great car for its intended purpose.  (Going fast)

You can buy a Mustang that is cheaper, it is not as fast or handle as well, but it will go fast.

It is your hillbilly logic, you are entitled to it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#41]
[url]www.gggaz.com/page86.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Robarm is going to be producing the chain conversion soon, going to be somewhere around 2000$
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#43]
As cool as a belt fed would be.....why get one for a semi? Seriously, I'm not trying to start an arg.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't think a "chain" gun conversion would be legal for most to own.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#45]
The belt conversion is usefull in semi for the same reason a CMAG is usefull for a semi, high capacity. And before you start screaming illegal the BATF has legallized the XMG99 to be sold on the market, the only laws that would infringe possibly would be those at a state level(not sure, I am Canadian), also you people do have "pre-ban" chains to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#46]
A "chain gun" is an automatic weapon powered by an exterior power supply.  The power enters the weapon via a chain, hence the name.  A chain conversion would be something completely different from a belt feed conversion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Pardon my mistake then. I meant Belt.]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Personally, I would not even consider buying an M96 until...

1) The barrel and chamber are chrome plated.

2) The rear sight is both windage and elevation adjustable.

3) The stock is made sturdy.

Then, and only then will even consider spending a dime on this rifle
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#49]
i've handled the m96 and the first thing that came to my mind is how heavy it is.  i think published weights are in the 8 1/2 to 9 pound range.  thats a whole lot of rifle to have to carry around any long length of time.  in my humble opinion, that much weight is only a benifit in .308 or full auto .223 config (liek the saw).

as for the price...yea 1400 seems a bit high for this gun, but rob arm has to recoved their r&d investment somehow.  its like a drug company that spends hundreds of millions of dollars on r&d, fda approval and medical studies.  the only thing that rewards a company for taking sucha  financial risk in an uncertain area is the payoff at the end.  lets fact it, the gun manufacture buisness i'd say is much more risky these days than pharma (considering the political climate).

sloth
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#50]
The M96 is a nice rifle. Heavy and unproven though. I can't see buying one when you could buy a preban AR for the same price or less and have all the "evil" goodies.

Tyler
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top