Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:49:22 AM EDT
Mexican guy comes into a gun store and asks do you guys have 9mm's here? Clerk is like, yes we do, what type do you like?

Guy says I just want a 9mm

clerk comes back, well there are many different types

mexican guy has a "oh shit" look on his face and says he needs to call his "friend"

gets on the phone and the guy is asking his friend "what type does he want?"

then the mexican yells across "oh I am looking for a regular 9mm"

I had to walk away cause it was too damn funny but I could just hear his buddy, "hey vato, I need a 9 yo, no special nines, I just want a regular 9"

I'm guessing if he bought a pistol it would be going straight to mexico
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:55:38 AM EDT
It is close to new years!

He needs something to shoot into the sky of course!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:57:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 8:58:20 AM EDT by PBIR]
I'm sure GW approves. That pistol should have a migrant worker visa and amnesty.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:59:35 AM EDT
Maybe he'll take out Trillian.

Ok! Ok! I'm kidding, but not by much.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:02:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 9:19:33 AM EDT by tc6969]
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:06:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 10:00:18 AM EDT by DrMark]

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

I'm disappointed. I couldn't get more than 40 or so.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 9:20:07 AM EDT by tc6969]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:15:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 9:20:25 AM EDT by tc6969]

Originally Posted By DrMark:

Border Patrol would love to get half that much!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 9:20:39 AM EDT by tc6969]

[1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

Couldn't even get that 1st time around....man those breeders are fast.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:19:13 AM EDT
They're only making the straw purchases that Americans don't want to make.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:19:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:05 AM EDT
suckers are fast, 40 out of 88
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:16 AM EDT
I had a guy get denied several years ago. His last name was something like kickingbird(obviously Indian) and his address was 1234 kickingbird lane. His entire family came in in the next 2 days trying to buy the same gun. Half of them had the same last name and address as this guy, the other half just had the same address. EVERY single one of them, when asked if they were buying it for this other guy said YES Must have been atleast 12 of them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Strats:

LOL, i didn't get that at first
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:25:12 AM EDT
I really don't understand why he didn't make the sale.........criminals who purchase weapons illegally are not the ones we need to worry about.......it's the law abiding citizens who go after the "more thrust per squeeze" weapons that are a major concern......
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:25:59 AM EDT
I witnessed such an attempt at a gun show.

I was at a dealer's table making a purchase. A cute, respectable looking young woman with a thug looking gangbanger walk up next to me. Thuggy starts handling every handgun on the table performing the usual sideways gansta function test. They walk away and a few minutes later she returns with cash in hand and wants "to buy this one". As the dealer pulls a gun (corded) from the table, thuggy (from about 10' away) yells "NOOO, that one right there". At this point the dealer gives the girl a long and detailed speech about what a straw purchase is and the penalties for supplying a gun to a prohibited purchaser. He then told her he would not sell her the gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:28:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Makarov:

I was at a dealer's table making a purchase. A cute, respectable looking young woman with a thug looking gangbanger walk up next to me. Thuggy starts handling every handgun on the table performing the usual sideways gansta function test. They walk away and a few minutes later she returns with cash in hand and wants "to buy this one". As the dealer pulls a gun (corded) from the table, thuggy (from about 10' away) yells "NOOO, that one right there". At this point the dealer gives the girl a long and detailed speech about what a straw purchase is and the penalties for supplying a gun to a prohibited purchaser. He then told her he would not sell her the gun.

What a idiot!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:35:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911greg:

What an idiot!

Oh the Irony!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:59:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

What an idiot!

Oh the Irony!

So petty, yet so funny.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:02:00 AM EDT

Was the dealer Dark Sun?

I've heard them give that speech a couple of times.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:07:52 AM EDT

Its happened at my store a couple of times. They always have a funny look on thier face when we run them off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:10:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:

What an idiot!

Oh the Irony!

So petty, yet so funny.

I didn't have the heart.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:13:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 10:18:06 AM EDT by Q3131A]
Did they throw him out of the store?

ETA: It is not illegal (federally) to buy a gun to give to another person as a gift. It is an illegal straw purchase if you buy a gun for someone else with the intention of hiding THEIR identity.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:18:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Q3131A:

ETA: It is not illegal (federally) to buy a gun to give to another person as a gift. It is an illegal straw purchase if you buy a gun for someone else with the intention of hiding THEIR identitythat is prohibited from buying/owning a firearm.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:20:56 AM EDT
Maybe he is just buying for an undocumented but otherwise legal purchaser
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:22:36 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:25:34 AM EDT
Did he actually make the declaration that he was a Mexican ?
or was he wearing a T-shirt that says he's a Mexican?

I curious as I'm trying to sharpen my Profiling skills
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:27:05 AM EDT
I would have told him he can find at Pep Boys.

9 mm nuts and bolts

9 mm sockets, open-end wrenches, etc.

9 mm spark plug wire
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:43:01 AM EDT
Did this guy miss the Ice Cream truck when it came by the neighborhood?

Why buy it when you can steal it from the slovenly gun nut who leaves it on the kitchen table while he goes out to buy another 6-pack.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:57:11 AM EDT

I've seen straw purchases blatantly performed at gun shows. Once saw a guy handling and looking at guns, asking the dealer questions, etc. and finally saying "I'll take it". When the dealer pulls out the yellow form, the guy calls his girlfriend/wife over, and tells the dealer "She'll fill out the paperwork, since I have a felony conviction" and the dealer just shrugged and went through with it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:05:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
When the dealer pulls out the yellow form, the guy calls his girlfriend/wife over, and tells the dealer "She'll fill out the paperwork, since I have a felony conviction" and the dealer just shrugged and went through with it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 12:14:03 PM EDT by Kharn]

When the dealer pulls out the yellow form, the guy calls his girlfriend/wife over, and tells the dealer "She'll fill out the paperwork, since I have a felony conviction" and the dealer just shrugged and went through with it.

One thing I kinda wondered about the Richmond gunshow I went to was the large of trashy chicks buying guns, and the large number of thugs wandering the aisles and finger-f***ing every weapon, but never buying.

Kharn

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:16:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:

ETA: It is not illegal (federally) to buy a gun to give to another person as a gift. It is an illegal straw purchase if you buy a gun for someone else with the intention of hiding THEIR identitythat is prohibited from buying/owning a firearm.

Q3131A had it right.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:18:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Riotgun:

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:32:55 PM EDT

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.

I'll give you a 50%, since they are trying to hide their identity because they are prohibited from owning a firearm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:41:14 PM EDT
They shoulda sold him a high-point. Buying a handgun that truly no American would buy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:52:26 PM EDT

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.

I'll give you a 50%, since they are trying to hide their identity because they are prohibited from owning a firearm.

Why do I only get a 50?

You can do a straw purchase even if the person getting the firearm is not prohibited.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:55:00 PM EDT

ETA: It is not illegal (federally) to buy a gun to give to another person as a gift. It is an illegal straw purchase if you buy a gun for someone else with the intention of hiding THEIR identity.

Like this lady?

http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/oj_sarah2.htm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/653017/posts
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:57:19 PM EDT
So what did you sell him?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 2:06:11 PM EDT by Zardoz]

Musta been a High Point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 2:10:26 PM EDT by Q3131A]

Originally Posted By kissfan:

Like this lady?

http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/oj_sarah2.htm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/653017/posts

Mrs Brady did not break any federal law buying a gun as a gift for her son.

This kind of statement makes Gottlieb's group look foolish. Either they didn't know the law or they are grandstanding for a press release. Note: I expect that kind of behavior by anti's but that type of behavior is beneath CCRKBA.

"From all appearances," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, "Sarah Brady exploited one of those so-called loopholes in the Brady Law, for which she arduously campaigned, to get a gun for her son. This gun was allegedly a gift, but for someone who has demanded background checks for every other American before they can take possession of a firearm, we think the public deserves to know why she evidently felt it was okay to skirt that requirement for her own son."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:11:30 PM EDT

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.

Actually, I thought it was a felony for any reason other than a gift. Hiding ones identity, prohibited felon, etc, is superfluous.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:13:12 PM EDT

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.

Why do I only get a 50?

You can do a straw purchase even if the person getting the firearm is not prohibited.

100%
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:18:16 PM EDT
This deserves a Raiders of the Lost Ark wav
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:19:32 PM EDT

Federal, true.

But it appears she may have broken Delaware law requiring the name/information of the final owner of the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:23:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT by Q3131A]

Originally Posted By kissfan:

Federal, true.

But it appears she may have broken Delaware law requiring the name/information of the final owner of the firearm.

Yes, but read Gottlieb's quote. Clearly he is referring to federal law in the paragraph above. If she broke state law, calling on the ATF to investigate would be moot.

Personally, I belive it is a good thing for someone to be able to buy a gift of a firearm. I will support that right even if it is Sara Brady.

ETA: www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=DE

I don't see anything in the summary about a DE law that prevents gift giving or requires the name of the gift receiptant.

PURCHASE

No permit is required to purchase a rifle, shotgun, or handgun. Purchasers of rifles and shotguns must be 18 years old. Handgun purchasers must be 21 years old.

Prior to purchasing a firearm from a licensed dealer, a criminal history record check is required. Purchases of shotguns and antique firearms (or replicas of antiques) are exempted from the background check requirement, as are purchases by law enforcement personnel and holders of valid concealed carry permits.

Persons prohibited from possessing firearms are prohibited from purchasing firearms.

Any dealer who transfers firearms between private parties may charge a reasonable fee not to exceed $20.00 to cover the cost of the background check.

It is unlawful to transfer to a person under 18 any firearm or ammunition without permission from a parent or guardian.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By five2one:

Q3131A had it right.

Thank you.

Actually, I thought it was a felony for any reason other than a gift. Hiding ones identity, prohibited felon, etc, is superfluous.

The definition of a straw purchase is that the person filling out the 4473 is not the actual buyer of the firearm.

In other words, they make a false statement on the 4473 by answering "Yes" to question 11a.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:32:32 PM EDT

I've seen straw purchases blatantly performed at gun shows. Once saw a guy handling and looking at guns, asking the dealer questions, etc. and finally saying "I'll take it". When the dealer pulls out the yellow form, the guy calls his girlfriend/wife over, and tells the dealer "She'll fill out the paperwork, since I have a felony conviction" and the dealer just shrugged and went through with it.

That wasn't G. Gordon Liddys' wife was it? Not snide, I heard him say he couldn't own a firearm, but his wife had some. Don't know if he was serious.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:56:32 PM EDT
There is no crime called "Making a Straw Purchase." The crime is either lying on the 4473 or delivery of a firearm to an unqualified person (or attempting or conspiring to do so). Concealing the identity of the eventual recipient, if he is not disqualified from possessing a firearm, does not make the purchase itself illegal; it's falsely answering the "Are you the actual buyer . . . ?" question that is the crime, doubtless some kind of half-assed federal perjury. Oddly enough, that question appears to be one made up out of whole cloth by the nitwits at ATF. The rest of the questions are drawn directly from the governing statute.

If you are not the actual buyer, and deliver the weapon to a qualified person, you have committed no crime except fibbing on the 4473.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:03:07 PM EDT

... He then told her he would not sell her the gun.

What a idiot!

Probably wanted to keep his FFL.

A few years ago I saw two old guys very openly discussing a straw purchase in front of a gun store clerk who indignantly threw them out of the store (Clark Bros. near Warrenton VA).

I was too lazy to do it, but I’m absolutely convinced that if I had followed those guys I would have seen them drive to a nearby shopping center or gas station where they would have met a bunch of much younger, serious-looking guys in Crown Vics and Suburbans.

OTOH, if the clerk had sold them a firearm, maybe I could have gotten some nice bargains at the store’s going-out-of-business sale.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top