Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:05:48 PM EDT
Like it says, curious if Case is a good brand of knife?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:07:31 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Not from what I've seen & owned.

Build quality was okay, but old styles, not very sharp blades.......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:07:42 PM EDT

Sure , it's a good knife . Questions like that will surely spark a lively debate though .
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:10:01 PM EDT
I was just wondering because I bought one for my father for Christmas (He wont be here till Thursday)
He uses a 3 bladed knive. While I wanted to get him a Gerber or Cold Steel of Butterfly, the simle fact is this is not a knife he needs or uses. The only multi bladed knive I could find (Outside of a mutlitool, which again, he doesnt use) was a Case.
So i got it.

Just wondered if it was a good knife or not.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:17:17 PM EDT
For good old fashioned pocket knives, CaseXX are great knives. I use to collect them a long time ago. Got out of it because of the fraudulent dealers.
I made a killing on the knives I had. I kept 3 very desirable ones.

A good CaseXX 3 blade will be great as a present. Do it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 6:21:03 PM EDT by Specop_007]

Originally Posted By 50cal:
For good old fashioned pocket knives, CaseXX are great knives. I use to collect them a long time ago. Got out of it because of the fraudulent dealers.
I made a killing on the knives I had. I kept 3 very desirable ones.

A good CaseXX 3 blade will be great as a present. Do it.

Already did it. CaseXX 3 bladed knife. I actually got lucky, they only had the single and dual blades on display. Asked if they had any 3 and he said no. Told him I'd take the dual blade, hewent digging inthe drawer and found a 3 blade that was supposed to be on display but wasnt.
Snagged it right there, with a smile.

What happened with the fraudulent dealers? Overcharging?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:30:39 PM EDT
Jim Parker almost ran Case into the ground. Since they got new ownership, they're making knives now that are as good as the ones they made in the 50's. I try to buy some of the limited runs. They're like money in the bank.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:35:10 PM EDT
So its safe to say if I bought him a CaseXX knife, I've gotten him a quality knife?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:35:25 PM EDT
Some of the frauds that were fostered on people were knives that were left the factory with the same handles, a dealer would put 2 different handles and try to sell it as a "rare" variant.
If you had the book on knives and were able to decode the dots and lightning "S"s you could tell it was altered.

Haven't looked at Case knives in a few years. Damn, may have to look at some again. Damnit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:36:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:
So its safe to say if I bought him a CaseXX knife, I've gotten him a quality knife?

Yes. What kind of handles?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:45:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 50cal:

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Yes. What kind of handles?

I have no idea....Brown ones?

Top Top