Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:49:43 PM EDT
I am seriously considering buying a Remmy 12g AOW just for fun.  My question is this...I just get a weird feeling from the guy who supposedly owns the gun store.  Maybe just a little fly-by-night'ish if you get my meaning.  My concern is what happens to the shotgun while I'm waiting on the paperwork?  I have to pay him, fill out the paperwork and then wait...what happens if he goes out of business?  He still has my shotgun and my money but I don't technically own it yet!?!?!?  What happens in this situation?  Just want my bases covered
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.  Let's say the dealer goes bankrupt while waiting on the transfer.  However, you have a signed contract that the dealer was to deliver the AOW to you.

Answer?  You're screwed.  The bankruptcy trustee can sell the AOW.  Your only recourse is to file a claim against the bankrupt business and get in line with the other creditors.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Find yourself a good dealer.

Check out the recommended dealer list at subguns or ask in the NV hometown forum.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Follow your gut instinct. If your first instinct said "run". Do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top